It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding the Kobe Bryant Rape Allegations Some Questions for Our Resident Left-Wingers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm putting this here in the mud-pit, because I believe this is political. If I put it in the wrong forum, admins please move it to where it belongs...

Personally, I believe Kobe Bryant was guilty. To me his apology reads like a half confession... but that is besides the point. I can agree to disagree with people on that matter.

I am kind of shocked at the response to his death from liberal america. They are heaping praise on the man and calling him a hero. Are we not supposed to #BelieveAllWomen? Where is the outrage? Where are the feminists marching in the street in their pink pussy hats? Why are they jumping to Kobe's defense when someone brings up the 2003 incident? Isn't an allegation all they need to try to destroy someone's life and legacy? And why aren't you all attacking the people who bring up the accuser's background, story, sperm stained panties, sexual history, or anything else about her? Why aren't you reminding people that she refused to testify because her name leaked to the press, her picture got on the cover of the Enquirer, and the death threats she and her family were recieving? Why is the #MeToo movement silent?

Is being really really good at bouncing a ball up and down a court, and putting it through a hoop, enough to give a guy a pass?

What gives?
edit on 30-1-2020 by Gojira54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gojira54

I think its more based on his actions since then. He volunteered his time for community projects. Spent time promoting and coaching womens basketball trying to get more women into sports. Im pretty sure he was guilty but the changes he made to his life was significant afterwards. Regularly went to church and went out of his way to be a good father. If you believe in redemption id say he deserves credit for that.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Kobe didn’t have to rape anyone.

Girls fell in front of him wherever he went.

Let’s not do this, the man has barely assumed room temperature.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

What people do after the alleged incident should be irrelevant to these people.. See Justice Kavanaugh.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

This was in 2003. How far back and how unforgiving do suspect your liberal sisters to be?

Also, missing from your OP...

First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colorado. I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter. I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado.

www.thenation.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gojira54
a reply to: dragonridr

What people do after the alleged incident should be irrelevant to these people.. See Justice Kavanaugh.

Pfft.

Justice Kavanaugh should be so truthful and graceful! That was his problem. He couldn't even admit that he might have drank a wee bit too much during his youthful party years.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Is being really really good at bouncing a ball up and down a court, and putting it through a hoop, enough to give a guy a pass?

Dude... have you been to a basketball game lately? People are going ape$h1t in droves for overpaid athletes with soiled pasts. Kobe was pretty clean considering the trash that gets paid to be on a field.

Welcome to America.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere
That is like saying Epstein didnt have to rape anyone...because he was rich...or Harvey Weinstein. It's a false narrative. Not everyone can be bought, there are some among us who don't worship on the alter of the all mighty dollar.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oathkeeper73
a reply to: whyamIhere
That is like saying Epstein didnt have to rape anyone...because he was rich...or Harvey Weinstein. It's a false narrative. Not everyone can be bought, there are some among us who don't worship on the alter of the all mighty dollar.

What I was saying is the man and his child just died.

We don’t really need to smear him before his funeral.

FFS

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

And Kobe was in denial about raping that girl.

"First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman
involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this
year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only
imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to
her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and
supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colo.

"I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives
of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has
agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil
case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was
consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this
incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery,
listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now
understand how she feels that she did not consent to this
encounter.

"I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of
this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil
case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be
decided by and between the parties directly involved in the
incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on
the citizens of the state of Colorado." - Kobe Bryant

Basically "Sorry, I didn't know I was raping you."

He said thought the act was consensual, but after hearing her side can understand that she did not consent. If he understands that she feels she did not consent, he understands that he raped her. If she feels that she did not consent, she did not consent.

He could have worded the apology in a way to not even bring up consent. In my eyes, he damned himself with his own words.

But again.. I can agree to disagree on his guilt or innocence.. I just find the mourning of this guy, especially by left wingers who are supposed to believe all women no matter what, pretty hypocritical.

edit on 30-1-2020 by Gojira54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

He could have worded the apology in a way to not even bring up consent. In my eyes, he damned himself with his own words.

Seems to be me that he admitted his guilt and his complicity in the pain his actions caused her, her family and residents of Colorado. That's more than Trump, Epstein, Weinstein, Spacey and countless others have done.

Also, as to the protestors in pussy hats...Kobe Bryant wasn't on a campaign to take women's choice and abortion rights away.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Not sure where you are looking but most of the women on the left (and some from the black community) that I know are perfectly happy to bring this up, have brought it up, and believe that it should be included as part of his legacy. Dude did some good things, dude did some bad things. It's all real. And it's a complicated and heavy situation with Kobe considering his past, his past actions, his present, his growth as a person etc.

The fact that women have been silenced, not believed, and rape wasn't really even investigated as a crime until after the 1970s should always be talked about. There is never a wrong time. Sports heroes get no pass.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
If his apology read more like "I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was hurting you." then I might give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

He didn't have to bring up the issue of consent. Once he acknowledged that she "felt" she didn't consent, he admitted he raped her. How she felt about consent is all that matters when it comes to consent. If she felt she didn't consent, she didn't consent.

Not trying to argue.. Just showing where I'm coming from. His guilt or innocence is a moot point for this conversation.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
Not sure where you are looking but most of the women on the left (and some from the black community) that I know are perfectly happy to bring this up, have brought it up, and believe that it should be included as part of his legacy. Dude did some good things, dude did some bad things. It's all real. And it's a complicated and heavy situation with Kobe considering his past, his past actions, his present, his growth as a person etc.

The fact that women have been silenced, not believed, and rape wasn't really even investigated as a crime until after the 1970s should always be talked about. There is never a wrong time. Sports heroes get no pass.

Nobody is excusing anything.

This subject is real and needs discussing.

I have a daughter.

I just think it’s bad form to bring it up now.

Too soon...IMO

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Kobe didn’t have to rape anyone.

Girls fell in front of him wherever he went.

Let’s not do this, the man has barely assumed room temperature.

Your own words. Next time say what you mean...but starting off your response by saying he didnt have to rape anyone and that women threw themselves at him was what I was directly responding to.
Kobe I could give to #es about. I feel horrible for his wife and grieve for his dead daughter.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

I've been reminding people of the incident on social media... the backlash is unlike anything I have ever seen..

I'm banned from facebook for 30 days for posting one picture of a blindfolded Sandra Bullock in Bird Box with the caption "Everyone acting like Kobe wasn't a rapist" on one of the larger feminist pages I found. And that was after I got about 400 very nasty private messages from people that saw it there.

I admit I go on facebook mainly to troll people... and have had people trying to harass me for it... but this was the first time I got death threats!

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Did you start this thread unaware that they settled for 2.5 million and that Kobe was very active in women's basketball? What do you think his widow and daughters think of this thread?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
How many other peeps died? What were their names? Oh right, peeps gotta glorify the rich famous guy.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Seems to be me that he admitted his guilt and his complicity in the pain his actions caused her, her family and residents of Colorado. That's more than Trump, Epstein, Weinstein, Spacey and countless others have done.

Also, as to the protestors in pussy hats...Kobe Bryant wasn't on a campaign to take women's choice and abortion rights away.

Trump, Epstein, Weinstein, Spacey and countless others are irrelevant. Bringing them up is just a way to deflect.

This is about Kobe and the response to his death. Let's stay on subject.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Just to say that rape is not a left, or right wing thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join