It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capture of Saddam was staged says ex-US Marine

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
What's better:
"Saddam Hussein was captured today by Marines
during a fierce gun battle where one American troop was killed"

As Grady pointed out ... the Marines didn't catch Saddam.
The Army did. The guy wasn't there. He wasn't involved.
It's okay for him to think of conspiracy plots or
make educated guesses... but he can't say that he is a
witness or that he knows for sure, because he isn't and he doesn't.

[edit on 3/10/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
As mwen posted elsewhere coverage is expanding: cnn.netscape.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Now RANT... you are quoting CNN .... you know that
no one watches (or reads) that anymore.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4

AFter the joke that was Jessica Lynch(sp?) I can believe this. The funny thing is when we saw that Jessica had a road accident in a non combat zone and was given the best care here in the UK, .

The above is a good example of how rumors get started. Lynch was treated in Germany not the UK.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
good point! Agreed on how these rumors get spread, we've got to look at all the facts.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
According to the article posted by the son of God incarnate, née Rant, the fact that the individual actually is a Marine has not yet been confirmed. Beside that, this statement is highly suspect"

"Later on, a military production team fabricated the film of Saddam's capture in a hole, which was in fact a deserted well," UPI quoted Abou Rabeh as saying.

If you know anything about wells, you know that wasn't a well.

In this paragraph, UPI admits their only source was an article published in al Medina:

UPI said it published a summary of the al-Medina newspaper report without seeking Pentagon comment.

Given the source of this information, it is most likely hogwash.

[edit on 05/3/10 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Whether or not the accusations about faking the capture are true, we should never forget that this has been the M.O. of the incumbent administration through and through:

* fake crowds at the toppling of a minor Saddam statue in the courtyard by the international media hotel in Baghdad to celebrate the "end of hostilities" - some publications even photoshopping them to make the "crowds" look larger

* the whole "Saving Jessica Ryan" fiasco (how quickly people forget)

* the photo op for military deserter POTUS George W Bush flying out to the aircrfat carrier to greet the 'victorious' troops coming home, thereby delaying their arrival to meet families for just a few more hours.

Guilt by precedent and implication is not the most fuzzy of logic.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I have a buddy that is in the Marines and was very close to where Saddam was captured. I will admit he wasn't at the hole when they pulled him out, but he was there at the scene that day. Either they put him in the hole to then take him back out, or this is BS. Or my freind is also lieng to me, but I doubt it.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by Kriz_4

AFter the joke that was Jessica Lynch(sp?) I can believe this. The funny thing is when we saw that Jessica had a road accident in a non combat zone and was given the best care here in the UK, .

The above is a good example of how rumors get started. Lynch was treated in Germany not the UK.

www.foxnews.com...

Sorry, bad word sequencing on my part. I meant I saw the incident on TV earlier, here in the UK. Not that she was treatd in the UK. If I remember, she was initially taken to one of the best Iraqi hospitals first and given the "best" treatment they could offer.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Jessica Lynch was wounded when her truck convoy came under attack. Everyone else in her Humvee was killed. She did not engage in any Rambo-like heroics before she was captured. She was taken to an Iraqi hospital for treatment and an MD there, noticing her maltreatment, walked many miles to US Forces to tell them of her whereabouts. A rescue mission was arranged based on that information.

While it can be concluded that Lynch did not perform in a valorous manner, there is no evidence that she failed to conduct herself in a creditable manner. She was severely wounded. Heroism is a very subjective thing and often real heroism goes unnoticed because it is expressed by restraint.

Lynch may not be a heroine in any classical sense, but I'm sure that she is a heroine in the eyes of many. In a relative sense, Lynch is a heroine for having answered her nation's call to arms instead of running to Canada. That's pretty much good enough for me to look upon her with admiration.

However many people are bothered by that question [heroine or pawn], Jessica Lynch is not among them. She knows she spent nine days in an Iraqi hospital with 10 broken bones, unable to move and leaking blood—and she has only praise for the Army and the soldiers who saved her. "The whole idea that the rescue was staged or the soldiers were shooting blanks, that's just obvious stuff," she says. "Why would you do that in the middle of a war? It's just crazy." She never claimed to have mowed down the attacking Iraqis; she never had the chance—her sand-clogged rifle wouldn't fire. She never said she'd been shot or stabbed, as early reports suggested; it was the doctors in Landstuhl, Germany, who broke the news to her about the full extent of her injuries: the multiple fractures of arm and legs, the spinal damage that robbed her of control of her bowels and bladder—and the trauma that could not be explained by the Humvee crash. Sometime after the crash and before she was delivered to Nasiriyah hospital—a time period that could have been as long as three hours—she appeared to have been forcibly penetrated by someone or something: "The exam in Landstuhl," Dr. Greg Argyros, her primary doctor during her 100 days at Walter Reed Medical Center, told TIME, "indicated that the injuries were consistent with possible anal sexual assault."

The Iraqi doctor who saved her life that first day with emergency surgery and blood transfusions, told the Associated Press that during his exam he saw no such evidence. Lynch says she has no memory of what happened immediately after the crash. That's not surprising, Argyros says, because "she was so unbelievably sick and probably in shock for most of the time in the Iraqi hospital."

She does not call herself a hero, because the word hurts too much when so many died, and her best friend's body was pulled out of a shallow grave on the hospital grounds by the same commandos who rescued her. That friend, Lori Piestewa, is her hero, for staying so calm under fire, as are the soldiers who fought bravely all around her. She herself did not fire a shot and spent most of her time in the Humvee huddled in a protective ball. Ask Lynch what she would like to symbolize, and there is a long, long pause. "I haven't really thought about that," she says, even if everyone else has. "I guess," she says, searching for the meaning of her story as the soldier recedes and the aspiring kindergarten teacher emerges. "I could be, you know, the person that shows little kids that giving up isn't something that you should do."

www.time.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
That is not how it was reported here Grady. She was hurt in a traffic accident, in a no combat zone. The convoy was not attacked.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Just like Vietnam, Iraq has not front lines. A combat zone is where the combat is. Conditions are so hazardous in Iraq that the Army has authorized a combat badge for non-infantry personnel.

I'm sorry the British new media so poor. You may research the facts for yourself.

Jessica Lynch

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
How come the Teeth don't match. The first pic if of Saddam in 2003 and of course the second is of the person they have in custody.

Links to pics since they don't seem to be displaying:
Saddam 2003
Person in Custody
Dental records would clear this all up. Just visually though they don't match.

Phae

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
There is no way to compare teeth based on these two pictures. Maybe they have a fake and they're hoping the real one, megalomaniac that he is, will show up to claim his fame.

It's Saddam. Who else could it be. Sooner or later he will go to trial and in the age of DNA a stupid ruse would never last.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I find the theory that Saddam was captured after a fierce gunfight highly unlikely. If US forces were shot at from a shack or shanty or wherever he was supposedly firing from, there would be nothing but splinters or mud clumps left where the shanty once stood, after the Americans unleashed upon it.

Same as the fact that Saddam was supposedly firing at the Americans. Says who? Who saw him and identified him behind the gun?

I remember reading a report by profilers as to how Saddam and Osama would act if cornered. Saddam would piss his pants and surrender, was the consensus. OBL, btw, would rather kill himself.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phaethor
How come the Teeth don't match. The first pic if of Saddam in 2003 and of course the second is of the person they have in custody.

Dental records would clear this all up. Just visually though they don't match.

Phae

That's Saddam alright in those pics. The pic of Saddam in 2003 shown a healthier Saddam, with cheek fats around his face as if he was in the comforts of luxury before the collapse of his reign. The bearded Saddam shown him to be thinner and weary as result of being on the run often and eating a poor diet of meals that he's not used to eat.

As an artist with an eagle eye for facial details, three features stood out in Saddam's face in both pics: his eyebrows, his chubby nose and his bags around the eyes. They're all the same in those pics. They are distinguishable to Saddam's only, though not so obviously known in the public eye, whether in Iraq or to the world. Even the best facial reconstruction artist Saddam could employ for his double stand-in actor cannot match his actual features.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
So, a bunch of people who seem to hate the USA are refuting Saddams capture story.

You get on a conspiracy forum to tell us that people who think Saddam's capture may be a conspiracy "hate the USA"? WTF are you doing here Skippy?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I don't think the fact that this is a conspiracy forum means that every questionable event has to be a "conspiracy." And yes, some people who hate the US are using this thread, which is based on an article published first in an Arab newspaper, which makes no claim that anyone other than Saddam was taken prisoner, to get a few cheap shots at the US.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I've a question of my own if this ex-marine was helping capture saddam and this as you say was staged then why would the government of the united states of america let him leave the military they would likely keep him under guard so nothing leaks. if i staged some thing i would try to keep it under wraps and keep the people involved quite. this could all be a lie but that is my opion

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join