It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capture of Saddam was staged says ex-US Marine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

Originally posted by namehere
odd since an ARMY unit captured him, not any marines.

And how do you know that?

Saddam was captured by the 1st Brigade, Fourth Infantry Division, in association with Task Force 121. The latter outfit might account for the presence of a Mairne, though it is not certain.

About 600 soldiers of the 1st Brigade, 4th Infantry Division, and special operations forces of Task Force 121 conducted the raid in Ad Dawr, near a group of ramshackle buildings. They found Saddam hiding in a 6-to-8 foot deep hole, equipped with a basic ventilation system and covered with bricks and dirt.

www.cnn.com...

www.newyorker.com...

www.google.com...

www.google.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Here we go again, turdblossom bait in full bloom, and whats funny is some actually believe it!

Did you believe that Jessica Lynch emptied her M16 to the last round before being captured and tortured when this "information" was announced? By the way Ed, you are throwing around this "turdblossom" like a 1st grade kid who learnt a new swear word. If you think it's so creative, you might not want to wear it out so quickly.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
My question is, why did they fake the hole-in-the-ground story? Did the psy-ops guys think that it would make Saddam look pathetic in the eyes of his countrymen? If so, is that reward worth the risk of having the whole scheme exposed by any of the men present? Seems like a long way to go when your credibility is already shaky in regard to the war. If Saddam was really inside a house, why the need for a cover story?

I can see lying about friendly fire, checkpoint shootings or to cover up torture but to organize a huge cover story with actors and everything just to make Saddam look like a coward? It seems a bit much. I'll wait for a second soldier who was present to corroborate this story before I buy it.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   
This new story corroborates earlier reports saying the "official capture" story was a psy-op. One part of the evidence of this comes from a photo of US Troops revealing the hole Saddam hid in and in the background you see a Date Palm with dates still hanging from it. Apparently this doesn't happen in Iraq in December.

Dates in December?

[edit on 10-3-2005 by uknumpty]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
My question is, why did they fake the hole-in-the-ground story? Did the psy-ops guys think that it would make Saddam look pathetic in the eyes of his countrymen?

BINGO! It wouldn't matter that the true story would eventually come out, it was done for the immediate impact on his followers. Imagine if you were part of a resistance group, believing that your leader was powerful and in control of the situation. Then you're told he was found living in a hole in the ground with just a tin can to crap in, terrified of the enemy...

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
i could certainly see that this could be a sham...........part of the "master plan".......of COURSE finding him in a spider hole hiding........dirty, unkept the total opposite of the GRAND MAN that brutalized IRAQ for years and years.................that makes a HUGE story.

if he did engage in a fire fight with the troops then that version could only inspire his followers to be brave and fight til the end (not that they aren't already doing that.........)

the spider hole story DEFINITELY makes for better news............

this will be like all other military engagements that we've been involved in......the general public will NEVER get the full story of what goes on. we will get what the SPIN DOCTORS want us to get...........

very interesting story. i've never heard this one before......thanks for the info!!

angie

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Does it really matter, He's having a great time now writing his memoir, getting three meals a day, chatting to his keepers, watching the Stock-Market, No bills or taxes to pay, yeah life's great for Saddam.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ritual
Why would someone with a billion trillion dollars, an army under his control, and a whole country to hide in , live in a low tech 10 foot deep hole?

Because his billions of dollars were GONE, the army wasn't under
his control it was being decimated by the US military, he didn't have
the whole country to hide in because America and the Coalition of
the Willing had already taken it over, and the only place left for
him was that rat hole that he dug. A fitting place for such a sick
b******.

This story is crap. Our military found him in the hole. This guy is
either a kook, or he wants to write a book. This isn't news, it's
just early morning comedy.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Sadaam's wife certainly knew the truth. She was allowed a
visit and they dragged her out later as she was screaming
"That man is not my husband..." Just a wild guess here, but
I'd say the woman would know her husband if she saw him.

She was in denial. She had psychological problems because of
everything. She was used to being married to the most powerful
man in Iraq. She was used to billions of (stolen) $$$ at her
fingertips. She was used to power and money and she was
definately used to people cowering before her and her hubby.

When he was captured, she saw him a broken man without
power or money or honor. Instead of cowering before him,
people spat on him. Instead of having his version of facts
put forth as 'truth', the TRUTH was there for all to see without
cover up.

This humbled Saddam wasn't the man she was used to and
what was going on around him was definately not what she
ever expected. She was in denial. That's all. It is him.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
She was in denial. That's all. It is him.

I don't know if it is him or not. At this stage I don't really care much either. but I must say that the above post was so typical in construct of someone who is in denial, it felt spooky.

I had no idea you were there to witness that spectacle involving Saddams wife, let alone psychiatrically assess her. I mean, you are so sure of yourself you must have been there.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Totaly believeable in my opinion. Rumours of this were abound after the incident. RUmours such as the Kurds caught him and handed him to the military.

AFter the joke that was Jessica Lynch(sp?) I can believe this. The funny thing is when we saw that Jessica had a road accident in a non combat zone and was given the best care here in the UK, I went to the US a few months later and saw her being paraded as a combat casualty and a hero. That is when I bagan to laugh at the US media and government lies.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
I had no idea you were there to witness that spectacle involving
Saddams wife, let alone psychiatrically assess her. I mean, you
are so sure of yourself you must have been there.

I'm not psychologically assessing her. To do so long distance
would be silly. This is just common sense. She was used to the man
being all powerful and surrounded by money and exuding intimidation.
Now she sees him broken and scorned. She was under stress herself.
She couldn't accept the reality of it. It's just common sense to see this.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   

This story is crap. Our military found him in the hole. This guy is
either a kook, or he wants to write a book. This isn't news, it's
just early morning comedy.

If you track back to other exposed cover stories and fabrications like the Jessica Lynch press release she contradicted herself, and the potential Nick Berg psy-op, how is this so easily dismissed?

I'm sure he was found in a hole. Drugged and put there after the fact. They needed it on tape. Look at the prior evidence. Just consider the possiblity.

I don't exepct we'll ever know for sure, just as with Nick berg, but it's not entirely dismissable.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
fabrications like the Jessica Lynch press release she contradicted herself, and the potential Nick Berg psy-op, how is this so easily dismissed?

I know the government screwed up on the Jessica Lynch thing and said
that she was the one that unloaded the clip and got stabbed, when it
was really the poor other guy in her unit. I saw her at the news conf.
that she gave and she said that she never shot anyone (her weapon
jammed ) and that the other fellow (she named him) was the one that
the government was talking about. I don't know what contradiction
Jessica Lynch herself made. Could you tell me, because honestly I haven't
heard of one.

What Nick Berg psy-op? Again ... ??? Could you put me in touch with
a link or something. I don't know what this is. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   

What Nick Berg psy-op? Again ... ??? Could you put me in touch with
a link or something. I don't know what this is. Thanks.

Well I think the original press release on Lynch was a little more than an innocent screw up. She just wouldn't play along with the manufactured PR heroism.

As to Berg research, I hope this saved search works: www.abovetopsecret.com...

One of the communites most valuable (and politically conservative) researchers invested much in the Berg conspiracy with the hopeful intent of "debunking" it. In fact, she concluded the opposite. All evidence points to a staged psy-op for the benefit of the American people to deflect the Abu Gharib scandal.

It's understandable to want to believe the "official" accounts of everything. They are designed to that very end, and further to make us feel good about ourselves, our government, our actions.

But to not even consider the infowars our government admittedly must wage occasionaly requires a bit of staging, re-enactments, and outright fabrications is naive.

At some point after so much blind defense against all "conspiracy theories" one must consider a more open approach. At least investigate. Consider the possiblity. You may be right in the end, but the continuous blind defense some wage in support of "a truth" don't leave them any closer to "the truth" ...but just as blind as when they started.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   
An EX Marine of LEBANESE descent told a SAUDI newspaper that the story isnt true. See a pattern here?

So, a bunch of people who seem to hate the USA are refuting Saddams capture story.

And as some previous posters have said: Saddam has had many opportunities to speak with people such as the Red Cross and his court apperance and has mentioned nothing of this.

I will believe the official story until more proof is out there. I want pictures, video, and at least three major news organizations to report it before I consider believing.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
I will believe the official story until more proof is out there. I want pictures, video, and at least three major news organizations to report it before I consider believing.

Isn't that a Dave Chappelle skit on why OJ, Michael Jackson and R. Kelley are "innocent?"

Not only your "racial conspiracy" angle...

An EX Marine of LEBANESE descent told a SAUDI newspaper that the story isnt true. See a pattern here?

But I want pictures, video, at least 3 major news organizations, a signed affidavit from his grandma...

[edit on 10-3-2005 by RANT]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

As to Berg research, I hope this saved search works: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Excellent! Thanks. I'll find it interesting reading, I'm sure.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Isn't that a Dave Chappelle skit on why OJ, Michael Jackson and R. Kelley are "innocent?"

Not only your "racial conspiracy" angle...

But I want pictures, video, at least 3 major news organizations, a signed affidavit from his grandma...

[edit on 10-3-2005 by RANT]

As far as my "Racial" angle, I am just showing a pattern here. Not one primary WESTERN media source is reporting this news directly. Wouldn’t it be easier for a US MARINE to report to a western media source? Don’t you think? But somehow this story has only been reported to a media source in a nation that’s known for its anti US sentiment. But somehow me making these correlations makes me racist? Please.

And yes, that Chappelle skit was funny.

[edit on 10-3-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I would believe it was staged. The Bush Administration has lied and lied and lied their way through the past 5 years.

Jessica Lynch is only the tip of the iceberg. Under-reporting US casualties, restricting press access during the war (having ONLY embedded journalists around makes it easy to edit stories, hmm?), etc.

So if this Marine is a traitor for saying that this was staged, what about Congressman Jim McDermott, who questioned it on December 17th, 2003.

www.prisonplanet.com...

(by the Washington Times)

He told a Seattle radio interviewer Monday that American forces could have captured Saddam "a long time ago if they wanted."
Asked by interviewer Dave Ross on KIRO-FM whether the capture was timed to help the president, he replied: "Yeah. Oh, yeah. There's too much by happenstance for it to be just a coincidental thing."
Pressed by Mr. Ross about whether he meant that the timing of the capture was driven by politics, Mr. McDermott said: "I don't know that it was definitely planned on this weekend, but I know they've been in contact with people all along who knew basically where he was. It was just a matter of time till they'd find him.
"It's funny, when they're having all this trouble, suddenly they have to roll out something."

If there's ONE thing the American public understands, it's DRAMA ON TV.

What's better:

"Saddam Hussein was captured today by Marines during a fierce gun battle where one American troop was killed"

or

"Saddam Hussein was captured yesterday, cowering in a hole in the dirt, and surrendered without a fight."

I don't know if in fact 100% it was staged, but I TOTALLY believe the Bushturds to be capable of fabricating something like this.

The timing was too perfect, as McDermott says.

jako

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join