It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capture of Saddam was staged says ex-US Marine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
www.wokr13.tv...

A former U.S. Marine who participated in capturing ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein said the public version of his capture was fabricated.

Why would this man want to lie, unless this is the truth?

I was among the 20-man unit, including eight of Arab descent, who searched for Saddam for three days in the area of Dour near Tikrit, and we found him in a modest home in a small village and not in a hole as announced," Abou Rabeh said.

The article goes on to state that Saddam himself was firing on the Squad, and that there was actually a fierce gunbattle before it was over.

Why after all this time would this present itself, and is it right for the soldier to step forward? What happened to the term non-disclosure?

Later on, a military production team fabricated the film of Saddam's capture in a hole, which was in fact a deserted well," Abou Rabeh said.

This is from a London paper, so it will be interesting to see if there is a response from the US on this.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Why would this man want to lie, unless this is the truth?

Hmm, let me think...book deals, fame, fortune? Are those reasons?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Makes sense.

Why would someone with a billion trillion dollars, an army under his control, and a whole country to hide in , live in a low tech 10 foot deep hole?

If anything he should of stayed in baghdad or another medium sized city and lived his life like the rest of the civilians and just disguised himself from his own people.

I doubted it was even the real saddam to begin with, but who knows. How do you gain that much weight?

Whatever. I will beleive nothing I hear.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Those are obvious, but how much could he get from a book deal on that? what fame or fortune? Wouldn't he have said something a LONG time ago. I just don't understand why someone would want to bring it to the forefront.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
None of us are even surprised, because it was a thought and very possible thing from the get go. This isn't news, but it is funny.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
sounds kinda odd to me maybe he did do it for fame and money maybe he was bired to say it from our own government?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
At this point in the game I think it's hogwash. We'll see how it all develops. Maybe I'll eat my words, but I doubt it.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Lets face it; Saddam being cornered in a hole is a lot more exiting than the truth probably would be.

Who knows, we'll never know. More conspiracies

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Actually we will know more and more of the truth when more people start spilling the beans for money.

The way things are right now with the military I would not be surprised that loyalties will be dump away to welcome profits.

I would sell my story too if somebody will make me the right offer.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well after he was captured, I remember he was on television talking at length with a judge about how "this and that" was all a lie etc, etc. I don't remember him mentioning anything about not being holed up in spider hole. He also was allowed to meet with red cross personel and others who I'm sure examined him and talked with him about his capture and how he was treated during the ordeal. You'd think if he'd mentioned being in a gun battle with marines inside a standard neighborhood home and NOT some hole, someone would have said something about it.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
if this is true, than I think that they made up the story of him being somewhere in a dark pit, because it would look like if you really was broken, and not that it was a hard fight to capture him, it would break the moreal of his supporters

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I can't belive they made it up, there is no reason to do so. It didn't matter how he was caught, and the effect of the lie being revealed would be worse than the benefits gained from doing it.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Abou Rabeh was interviewed in Lebanon.

Me thinks since he is now in Lebanon that he might have been told to say that by Syrian's or Hesbolla (sp?)

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Well LONG before this article was written there were other articles written in 2003-2004 about the REAL Sadaam, ever notice that this supposed Saddahm in jail doesn't realy LOOK like Sadahm Part 1. www.joevialls.co.uk... Part 2. www.vialls.com... Part 3. www.vialls.com...

[edit on 9-3-2005 by SiberianTiger]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This government wouldnt lie, would they?

Amusing indeed.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I wouldn't be one bit surprised if this were true. After all, the whole need for war was staged wasn't it? Ooh...WMD...so scary... Yeah, right. Very wag the dog if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

This government wouldnt lie, would they?

Perhaps you can name one that hasn't? We all know what politics is made of. Whatever your affiliation - the one you happily support has lied just the same. So...don't go overboard on the gloating.

There happen to be non-government people that have access to Saddam. If there was a gun battle and Saddam went down fighting (like the man some think he is), don't you think one of these people would have played this card already?

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
In a war that has been nothing but lies, I see this as being quite believable. Though here I am posting such an opinion on a conspiracy theory site.

Anyway, we know straight from Jessica Lynch that the government version of events surrounding her rescue were fabricated. Why couldn't the capture of somebody be fabricated for propoganda purposes as well? In neither case did the reality of the situation need to be altered, but I can see that they were simply for the emotional effect it has upon the public.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Yeah, this isn't really news. Any informed person knew that the official story was bull once again. Even people who don't know the real have noticed that it seemed staged. I have a friend who doesn't agree with most of my views on controversial subjects who agreed that it seemed staged.

But of course, the govt wouldn't lie...

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka

But of course, the govt wouldn't lie...

Never

Politics is a sleazy business, I know. The "illusion" had to be staged as to capture the entire worlds attention. It did.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join