It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Declares Game Over

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Trump's defense team isn't even arguing that there was no QPQ. They are now saying

“Every public official that I know believes that his election is in the public interest,” Dershowitz said on the Senate floor, responding to a question about how presidents conduct foreign policy. “And if a president did something that he believes will help him get elected — in the public interest — that cannot be the kind of quid pro quo that results in impeachment.”

link

Wrong.

They are denying it. But also saying even if it happened it is not impeachable.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: Arnie123

Ok, that video is hardly game over.

Bolton would not at the time he was working in the White House say to a reporter trump is holding up the aid for an investigation into the Biden’s.

That video proves nothing.

Of course it does.

But does the court care whether or not he was in the administation at the time?

He is on VIDEO saying otherwise, regardless of your emotional stance, it can't be refuted.

Game Over.

He was not under oath.

Nor was he asked - was the aid held up for some reason?

It is a general statement about US Ukraine relations. He would never volunteer that info in that situation.
I figured you'll take that angle, honestly it doesn't matter and who TF cares?

McConnell is going for the vote Acquit, you can continue to wallow in BS, I'm ready to get things back on track then argue over the sake of a hate neocon suddenly loved by anti Trumpers, it's dumb.

Seriously, Game Over.
edit on 30-1-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

that cannot be the kind of quid pro quo that results in impeachment.

So it's a good kind of quid pro quo rather than the bad kind of quid pro quo ... guess that's OK then as he did it for the people and not his own ego.

Thank the Lord there's a quid pro quo scale.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Trump's defense team isn't even arguing that there was no QPQ. They are now saying

“Every public official that I know believes that his election is in the public interest,” Dershowitz said on the Senate floor, responding to a question about how presidents conduct foreign policy. “And if a president did something that he believes will help him get elected — in the public interest — that cannot be the kind of quid pro quo that results in impeachment.”

link
You've demostrated that you're unable to interpret data, that's not what he said.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Bolton would not at the time he was working in the White House say to a reporter trump is holding up the aid for an investigation into the Biden’s.

Of course it does.

He is on VIDEO saying otherwise, regardless of your emotional stance, it can't be refuted.

Game Over.

He was not under oath.

It is a general statement about US Ukraine relations. He would never volunteer that info in that situation.

McConnell is going for the vote Acquit, you can continue to wallow in BS, I'm ready to get things back on track then argue over the sake of a hate neocon suddey loved by anti Trumpers, it's dumb.

Seriously, Game Over.

I agree the senate is probably going to deny witnesses, and acquit on Friday. But if you think the Dems aren’t going to try something else you have not been paying attention.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Of course it does.

Game Over.

He was not under oath.

McConnell is going for the vote Acquit, you can continue to wallow in BS, I'm ready to get things back on track then argue over the sake of a hate neocon suddey loved by anti Trumpers, it's dumb.

Seriously, Game Over.

I agree the senate is probably going to deny witnesses, and acquit on Friday. But if you think the Dems aren’t going to try something else you have not been paying attention.

Oh trust me, I KNOW, you can FEEL it.

This is an existential issue for the Dems.

I honestly believe that they will try to cheat in this election.

I agree with your perspective.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I have no love for Bolton but would like to hear what he has to say , I thought he was a bad appointment by Trump and has since proven to be so...

Well, Bolton is making Schiff look like $h!t and ruining the impeachment, so maybe wasn't a bad idea...hahaha !

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I can't believe you still have hope on the impeachment

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Bolton, a guy the leftwing posters on this site have been claiming will start WWIII is now their hero because he wrote a book and said something negative about Trump in it. While at the same time don't want to look into Hunter Biden, a crackhead that managed to get paid ridiculous amounts of money to sit on a board for a field he has no knowledge of, right after his dad was put in a position to oversee corruption in Ukraine, while at the same time getting the people fired that were actually looking into corruption.

And they wonder why we don't take them serious.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
All part of the master plan.

Trumps practice when attacked has always been to up the ante and double the dare. It's also his tactic to accuse others of doing maliciously what he has done innocently and properly. He can then repeat his charges against them ad nauseum, with mere repetition constituting the proof required. This worked for Joseph Goebbels, and it is working for Trump; Biden’s polls are falling, and Trump will likely have the opposition candidate he prefers, Elizabeth Warren.

Trump may thus have stumbled into impeachment, but, unlike other presidents, he's determined to turn it to his advantage. Part of his 2020 campaign strategy. He is already getting rid of the candidate he thinks might best have appealed to moderate and independent voters, as Richard Nixon did in 1972 by smearing Edmund Muskie to face the opponent he wanted, George McGovern. That in itself might make an impeachment worthwhile, and with Republicans in the Senate still firmly in his camp — or perhaps, terrified of straying from it — he is, as of now, invulnerable to removal from office there at least.

Like all demagogues, what Trump wants above all is to make every issue and every moment about himself. He knows that the opposition figure he fears and respects the most, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, has been forced unwillingly into the impeachment battle — and he certainly plans to make a misogynistic campaign against Pelosi and Warren the centerpiece of his strategy for 2020. It worked, after all, against Hillary Clinton. He’s piling up a huge war chest too, so corporate money certainly isn’t fleeing him. And, unlike his helter-skelter 2016 campaign, he’ll have a highly targeted program for potential voters this time around. The Democrats don’t have anything like it.

In the end who knows if it'll really work. But he's already survived the equivalent of a dozen Watergates.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I did think it was a good point the defense team made yesterday that every elected official has mixed motives in their decision-making, especially in an election year. Everyone of those Senators are considering how their vote will be perceived by those they represent. It is a mix of personal and public interest.

Going with the whole idea that having any possible personal interest is impeachable offense, everyone of them elected by the people could be so charged at anytime and any vote, if they set this precedence.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Trueman

3 indisputable facts:

-No Quid pro quo.
-The left can't meme.
-Epstein didn't kill himself.

and I hear a very strong rumor that Donald Trump Jnr will be making his bid for the 2024 POTUS nomination.

Sorry, should have put a trigger warning there, but I prefer readers to get the full impact of such news (look it up).

Ivanka needs to run in 2024. Although climatologists might be proven right as the ocean levels would rise due to liberal tears.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

I did think it was a good point the defense team made yesterday that every elected official has mixed motives in their decision-making, especially in an election year. Everyone of those Senators are considering how their vote will be perceived by those they represent. It is a mix of personal and public interest.

Going with the whole idea that having any possible personal interest is impeachable offense, everyone of them elected by the people could be so charged at anytime and any vote, if they set this precedence.
Interesting analysis!

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Interesting analysis!

Democrats need to ask themselves will Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders voting to impeach and remove the President from office and thus from the election not have a personal interest in such a vote? Would not their vote be interfering in the 2020 election? Should they be removed from office for making such a vote that may be of public interest but they certainly would benefit personally from?

Edit add: Sanders and Warren are really missing out on an election opportunity here. They are candidates to be President for all the people not just the party line and partisan divide. They could declare in the public interest they acquitted Trump. They will then have that superiority and confidence to embed into their 'mending the divide' campaigns. They may even be able to draw some of the moderates back too. It still will be a mixed motive vote, but then they don't run the risk of setting the precedence that may come back and bite them too.
edit on 1 30 2020 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

edit on 1 30 2020 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Very insightful as always. Star for you.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Lets have some witnesses then testify.

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: Trueman

Seems like a damn good reason to get Bolton to testify....not?

Peace

Bolton and Biden, let's get them both. Oh that's right Democrats were offered that and refused.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoxerBrawler
In the end who knows if it'll really work. But he's already survived the equivalent of a dozen Watergates.

The only Watergate is the fact we now have proof Democrats lied to illegally spy on the Trump campaign. FISA warrants have now been thrown out and deemed invalid.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
Exactly

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Part of the plan. Expose the Dems for what they are.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Grimpachi

that cannot be the kind of quid pro quo that results in impeachment.

So it's a good kind of quid pro quo rather than the bad kind of quid pro quo ... guess that's OK then as he did it for the people and not his own ego.

Thank the Lord there's a quid pro quo scale.

Do you even think about the words you’re saying? Quid pro quo means “this for that.” Otherwise known as diplomacy. It’s literally how the entire world works.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join