It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ATS Collaborative Book

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm not involving myself in any of your abominations... are you kidding?

edit on 30-1-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: zosimov

Please don't post the fictional stories I wrote about DB, the statute of limitations has not yet expired on some of his activities.

The one about the leaf blower and the all-girl volleyball team should be okay now.

I was acquitted.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
How about a calender? I know I wouldn't mind seeing some of our posters pics and stories in a more physical, down to earth way.

Besides, we could have D.B.'s Halloween outfits on display for visitors of our homes...

Just leave A.M.'s golden bikini pics out of it.... still can't get that image out of my head... 😨

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

Lol!
I've heard rumors of one such calendar/thread, but haven't seen it. My eyes are still pure

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: M4nWithNoN4me

I've heard the idea mentioned on here before (somewhere, wouldn't know where to start looking), but really just wanted to get the ball rolling

This year I have lots of creative energy and would really like to start doing more with my writing.

Thanks, and please join in if you want!

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: AccessDenied

Wonderful, I'd like to submit as well. I will keep you updated and involved as this idea develops!!

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: AccessDenied

Every contest is a new theme.

P

Ya don't say...
I was referring to the fact of writing something new all together versus submitting all of our previous work which actually would be multiple themes in order to create enough content for a book.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
a reply to: randomtangentsrme
As I understand it "All Content" (including short stories; novels, monographs, theoretical suppositions) presented upon this platform of ATS belongs solely to ATS. I think you give up your rights to ownership of 'content' when you commit to being a contributor to this site. I could be wrong.

My understanding of the T&C regarding copyright is that the creator of content retains his/her copyright of the work but also grants ATS/The Above Network the rights to publish/use it. Content creator does not lose copyright. There's a post or thread around here, I'll see if I can find it.

But the idea of the OP is interesting. A collection of stories and/or poems, or, a "Best of ATS" fiction, as it were.

Found this
edit on 30-1-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Found this

Thank you for hunting this down... looks like we are in the clear regarding ATS, but that we might have to consider self-publication because posting here counts as if previously published.

So glad this is generating some interest!!

to the artists of ATS!!

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Happy weekend, ATS friends!

Beyond looking into self-publication, I'd also be willing to research and reach out to publishers I think might be interested in the idea.
A body of work entirely inspired by and generated by an online community might actually appeal to certain publishers.

It seems to me like a fairly novel idea, and what really matters is that the material we've created is really powerful and good (imho).

To the interested authors-- are we publishing the stories under our ATS pseudonyms? Do you want to create another nom de plume? What do you think?

edit on 1-2-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Now it's getting a bit more complicated, lol.

First, if a member wanted royalties (however small) for his or her contribution, using a pseudonym would involve even more paperwork so that the funds can be legally released to the legal owner (legal name), I would think.

Second, f the book was titled and marketed anything ATS, there would have to be some type contract with ATS, and ATS would have to receive a cut, as well, for use of their name. BUT, it would also benefit by getting the ATS name out there, thereby driving more traffic here, and subsequent new accounts.

I'd sure there have to be publishers out there who would not mind publishing a book, even if they don't retain *exclusive* rights to the stories, since ATS is not a periodical (such a story previously published in a zine, magazine, journal, etc) but a message board.

Who knows.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

These are really good points.

I would definitely want to give ATS its due (and not use its name to market anything). I feel a tremendous debt, honestly, to these boards for providing a space for all this creativity and community to reign, and would only want to set up a mutually beneficial arrangement if this moves forward.

As for using a pen name, and if complications arise from that, I have no idea!

It is a bit complicated, lol, but nothing I think we can't figure out.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I support this idea.

I've only ever read a couple of the stories posted here and enjoyed some of them so much that in fact I still think about them once in awhile even after all of these years. They made that much of an impression.

s! &! f!

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

I agree that stories I've read on here have left me deeply impressed. I wonder what the book would be like with some illustrations ....
j/k unless you're interested in which case awesome, lol.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
I wonder what the book would be like with some illustrations ....

Graphic novel. Or in my case, very graphic novel.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

_ _ _ _ _ graphic. The metaphysical kind.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Lol!!

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Would be cool to have multiple hands in the pot in that regard as well as the stories, illustrated and designed by ATS artists and photographers, etc.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

I totally agree.

I was thinking anyone who is interested can collaborate as much or as little as they want

We could vote on a title for the anthology. I thought of two to throw out there for starters:
Computer
Generated
Art

or
Community
Inspired
Art

I'd be sure to ask the right people of ATS if they wanted to be mentioned somewhere on the cover/back, in the foreward, or not at all in the collection
(for legal reasons if Augustus decides to publish)

My best hope is to get the ball rolling on publishing my writing. I'd be so satisfied to have something published.
The best case scenario, the book appeals to others as well and we all can benefit!!

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

CIA, lol. CIA though, it's better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join