It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from a long time follower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hey ATS. I'm a little fish in a huge pond and after following ATS for a long time thought I should dive in and finally say Hi. Serious surgical complications over a decade ago from a routine spinal op cost me my career after a psuedomeningocele and subsequent repair surgeries. Luckily I still have an overly tolerant wife of 20 years, 2 amazing kids and one crazy dog; I should have been 6 feet under, or at best spent the rest of my life in a wheelchair, but beat the odds and still have some mobility. This is how I came across your community. Bored, browsing, rabbit hole after hole when ATS came into my life and have been hooked ever since.

My beliefs and opinions have been built from many decades of listening to others viewpoints, thoughts and literature. This site has offered me just that, in abundance. An insane mix of crazed rants, virulent rebukes, sorrowful losses, enlightened attitudes, utter joy, total denial, beautiful pictures, confirmations, banter, nods, disapproval and gut wrenching laughter. Most importantly you are a community who debate every angle of a topic; even if some people's life-long views are shattered with a single sentence and accompanying link.

While I may never become a regular contributor to the forums (especially when using this awful Fire HD tablet and its linfuriatingly random auto correct) please know I read daily and love the expressions & views of all the posters, even the ones I disagree with. ATS has a lot to offer everyone in the world even if they don't know it, like it or have never heard of you. Would be sad times indeed if we only had CNN or the BBC to offer views on what's right/wrong with no inbetween.

With that I bid you all a good night and thank you for years of browsing while silently agreeing with some, disagreeing with others, swearing at a few, nodding, pondering and researching more into the vast range of topics I've seen here.

Yours aye

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AyeBlossom

Long time follower?

Don't you mean time traveler or don't they use that term anymore from when your from?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Welcome aboard. I believe you have posted the most wholesome introductory post I've read in a while.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Welcome aye.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Hi there AyeBlossom .. nice description of the site 😉

I’m just a small fish in a small bowl.. but aye .. I’m Canadian.. and I won’t make apologies for that.

Looking forward to your contributions..

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
good evening and welcome

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Aye, aye, captain!

Face into the wind!

Thanks for the permission for US (ATS) to board, AyeBlossom!

Let’s hoist a pint to your future travels!!

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.
It's really a unique place.
Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Excellent opening indeed. Welcome!

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Ummm...

Aye...

Blossom...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Wonderful intro AyeBlossom! I hope you change your mind and decide to post more.

new topics

top topics

join