It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The impeachment argument is flawed.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It's the House Democrats position that they HAD to act quickly on this to ensure that Trump wasn't able to cheat in the next election. This is why they weren't able to call witnesses and do their job correctly. This is what has been said in the Senate. And it's likely that without such testimony, Trump will be acquitted. Because there ins't enough evidence to convict him. So if the house democrats didn't have enough evidence to convict Trump, how did they have enough to impeach him?

Unless this didn't really have anything to do with anything Trump did or didn't do, but was done in order to remove Trump from office in fear that he would win again.

I don't see another way this could be.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Seen that bit myself will b good to see them complain for another four years its what they deserve and more..

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It's flawed on an even more basic level than that.

He has notcbeen accused of any infraction of the federal penal code.

Remember, Clinton wasn't impeached for his sexual shenanigans. He was impeached for lying, under oath, to congress, which is against the law.

What law has Trump broken?

If you say he has, why isn't the specific statute included in the articles?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

while I want to agree, I can't because impeachment is a purely political process. That was proven with the house vote. They could impeach Trump for having an orange hue. Sure it would die a quick death in the Senate, but do you think Fat Jerry and Pencil Neck Schiff could have gotten enough votes for that article?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
We are in complete agreement on this one.

This farce will haunt the Dems for a very long time. And should.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

while I want to agree, I can't because impeachment is a purely political process. That was proven with the house vote. They could impeach Trump for having an orange hue. Sure it would die a quick death in the Senate, but do you think Fat Jerry and Pencil Neck Schiff could have gotten enough votes for that article?

Thus the "flaw".

The founding fathers specified "high crimes and misdemeanors". Where is the "crime"?

Yes, the house can impeach for anything if they hava a majority, but that was certainly not the intent, as it pertains to the Constitution.

As it turns out in this case, the dems are digging their own grave. That is the cost of proceding with impeachment on false pretenses.

If you refer to the Federalist papers, I think you will come to the conclusion that they intended for any successful impeachment, and subsequent removal of a President, to be "bipartisan". It follows that impeachment was never intended to be a purely "political" process.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I agree, but the framers seem to have dropped the ball a bit here. I think bi-partisan support should be in the process. But sadly, nobody asked me.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The fix is to only allow impeachment to be granted to the House by having a Supreme Court authorization with a 2/3 minimum approval on the potential inquiry. Just a simple vote without intricate details. But enough to determine that it is warranted in the first place.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

They impeached Trump because he might influence the 2020 election, they impeached Trump in order to influence the 2020 election.

Wrap your head around that!

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Dem logic: There is zero chance Trump had any reason to ask for investigation into Biden. While literally every public witness confirmed that Burisma was corrupt; the Ukrainian corruption has been with and thinking it wasn't is pure conspiracy theory.

Also dem logic: Of course the president of Ukraine is lying. He is corrupt af!

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They impeached Trump because he might influence the 2020 election, they impeached Trump in order to influence the 2020 election.

Wrap your head around that!

the worst part is that is exactly what this is. The dems trying to influence the election.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Democrats and some Republicans know that their corruption is going to be exposed. That was a central theme of President Trump's campaign. He keeps his promises and politicians are scared!

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

In the impeachment process. The house is basically a grand jury .

You know what they say about them .

“ A grand jury can indict a ham sandwich “

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Which is what we have here today.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
its over by friday

the repulicans are just allowing the dems to bury themselves

in other news, mueller met with mifsud in 2016

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

After hearing Vindman does in fact have a twin in the White house, still, today, and he might have something to do with the release of the Bolton info, I stopped trying to disbelieve incredible stories.

LOL, and this is all A-OK with the left.

I hope there isn't a democrat left in office after the next round of elections. They won't begin to see how pathetic they have become, until they hit the bottom and have to reflect.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Without witnesses or evidence - where the prosecution and defense merely sum up and it's over - that's far more like a kangaroo court.

Boing!!

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Aren’t we the lucky ones ?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
found this elsewhere checking on the validity..

The Obama Administration strategically withheld foreign aid:

Egypt - $260M WITHHELD

Ukraine - $1B THREATENED TO WITHHOLD

Pakistan - $800M WITHHELD

Colombia - $450M CONDITIONED

Philippines - $440M NOT RENEWED

Honduras - $30M WITHHELD

Mexico - $26M WITHHELD

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
"Abuse of power" is such a broad term. You could literally impeach someone with this for only giving you one scoop of ice cream...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join