It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Trial Without Witnesses

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Good post.

More of the Democratic sicko boy who cried wolf !

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: carewemust

But in this case, Diane Feinstein told blackmail-eligible Lisa Murkowski to vote "NO" on witnesses. Feinstein wants to keep investigators far away from herself, and other California lawmakers....like Schiff.

What people do not want to think about is there was witnesses in all this, there was actually 18. The House decided to not push for the witnesses in the impeachment that all of a sudden they wanted in the senate, why not? They didn't even try going after Giuliani who was not protected in anyway, why not? They tried to use the court in the Senate, and the court basically said it was too late for them for that direction since they already impeached the President. They could not put forth even a laughable case that in two hours the defense basically obliterated. We need to remember there was a number of Republicans that were on the fence and they saw no reason to drag out this carp another minute long than is possible in the end.

Remember this wasn't a court of law...It was a court of Congress, so very different, and the only "law" there was the chief justice that wanted no part of it in anyway.

The House knew they could not get 67 votes no matter what, and so they did not really want witnesses either and now they can say it was all a sham. Just more of the same political narrative that they been preaching for three years.

We are at the just ignore the liars part of the story.
edit on 1-2-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think the answer is simple. It's either a cover up by the Republicans or a smear campaign by the Dems. The cover up seems less likely to me since the Dems rushed it through the house. In my opinion, I think the whole thing stinks of Dems attempting to smear the president, and interfere with the 2020 election since they are loosing tons of ground.

The Dems had a responsibility to gather an entire case in the house and then present it to the senate for confirmation. What happened was they rushed the impeachment inquiry to accomplish two goals. The first was to give Trump the title of Impeached and the 2nd was to have an out at the senate since they knew they were going to loose. They wanted to be able to accuse the senate of not allowing witnesses to make the republicans look bad and save face.

Think about it, if they spent months and months and months in the house making a case to impeach Trump, he wouldn't have the title yet. Since they rushed it, they could give their base the Impeached title. The ground work is supposed to be done in the house for this very reason, so that if a president is impeached, the affects of that title don't last long. Either he gets acquitted or impeached at the senate and removed or sent back to business as usual. The Dems did it backwards to give the president the title, and if they got the vote to have witnesses, Trump would have the impeached title for a long time.

The main objective was to rush it and put pressure on the senate to call witnesses. They locked Trump and his team out of the inquiry, so they knew his attorneys would want to call all the old witnesses the house used in the hearing, then they would want to cross examine all new witnesses, and even call in the Bidens. The dems knew this whole thing would be extended out until the election and Trump would go into 2020 election with the Impeached title. This is why the senate voted down witnesses. It is very obvious to me what is going on here.

Again, this is all my opinion and how I interpreted everything that has happened up to this point. I could be wrong on this, but perhaps others will weigh in and agree or disagree.

One more thing, everyone needs to remember this is an election year. If it would have been last year, or the one before, I bet they would have had all witnesses and bring the Dems to their knees. The timing says it all. I am sure they could have fabricated an impeachment inquiry in 2018 if they wanted to. They had the house, they could have passed it then. They waited until now since it an election year.
edit on 1-2-2020 by AIC4ME because: I forgot to add the election year bit

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Admitted

I Do Not Agree with Any of that Mr. Nobody .............

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted
The blame is going to the House of Representatives (the people who represent U.S. citizens) for not subpoening these witnesses. Which could take months to years.

This is a totally false claim. There are was of speeding things like this up dramatically. It may ave taken weeks, but it wouldn't have even taken months, let alone years.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AIC4ME

To be fair, the Democrats were steamrolled when the Mueller special counsel came forward with their report and there was nothing impeachable. The white house administration and investigators assisted and provided witnesses and documents following standard accommodation practices.

They knew that if they followed the standard practices that they would not have an impeachable case. They needed to make the reps feel irate against the white house defiance in order to get the articles passed in the house.

Even now, they knew the Senate majority would not call any new witnesses. It just provides them campaign fodder to attack their partisan opponents in the 2020 election. The Republicans have made a lot of progress to share with their voters. The Dems need to nullify that especially before the coming 2020 SOTU address and the start of the Iowa caucuses.

It must be absolutely frustrating I am sure, but they definitely chose the wrong way to handle their circumstances. I can only hope when Trump wins 2020, they realize he is no longer the threat and attempt to work and negotiate for those they represent. The angst and partisan division is hurting not just them but their voters too.

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join