It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking Your Thoughts on Jesus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

The original Christians were monotheist that didn' t think Jesus was God... They were killed for 300 years by pagans who wanted him to be their pagan god so they fled to the desert and became Islam / Sufism 300 years after the council of Nicaea

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Should I change my screen name to rocketscientist for you to believe me... Im not a rocket scientist though because it doesnt take one to figure this out

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: iPray2Allah

Should I change my screen name to rocketscientist for you to believe me... Im not a rocket scientist though because it doesnt take one to figure this out

Just because your Iman told you that to tell Christians to convert them doesn't mean it has any evidence behind it. Yes Christians were persecuted by Roman pagens and also peacefully existed in the empire before the council of nicaea.

And for a rocket scientist of the Christian history youre referring to Gnostic Christians which would be complete heresy in Islam

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Not all early Christians were gnostics and you didn't really have to ask anyone to convert to Islam most people beg to be allowed to convert to Islam

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: iPray2Allah

If you are truly a follower of Christ and you saw wisdom in his words then you could realize that nobody could be as successful as the Muslims if they were fighting against God people obviously saw the beauty and embraced it

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Not all early Christians were gnostics and you didn't really have to ask anyone to convert to Islam most people beg to be allowed to convert to Islam

Gnostic Christians/Jews aren't even fully understood so your point has little evidence plus your claim that Jesus didn't claim to be God in the flash.

I looked into Islam and became an atheist/agnostic

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

a reply to: iPray2Allah

If you are truly a follower of Christ and you saw wisdom in his words then you could realize that nobody could be as successful as the Muslims if they were fighting against God people obviously saw the beauty and embraced it

Successful in what way? Thousands of years of religious wars?

Like winged hussar successful?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Well Jesus prayed on his hands and knees with his face on the ground and then Garden gesemity right before they took them and he prayed to the father on the cross and he said nobody is good except God and a whole lot of other reasons like the Jews for thousands years being told not to have any other gods before God Jesus was the best Jew he would never let anybody think he was God that would infuriate him more than anything.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

he didn't claim to be God in the flesh... others did

he did not...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Well they created the great country of the United States of America for one and the list goes on I'm obviously arguing with someone who hasn't studied much.
edit on 30-1-2020 by iPray2Allah because: Typo

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

he did not...

Based on what evidence? You claim it's a fairytale fake story anyways

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

he did not...

based on what the gospels tell us...

and I've never claimed it was a fairy tale...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

he did not...

So why was christ crucified? Blasphemy for claiming to be the son of God. Claiming to sit at the right hand of the father.

Hell he was even asked to his face are you the son of God and says I am. I'm not even Christian and know that it isn't some double speak or do you just claim the NT is lying?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

he did not...

So why was christ crucified? Blasphemy for claiming to be the son of God. Claiming to sit at the right hand of the father.

Hell he was even asked to his face are you the son of God and says I am. I'm not even Christian and know that it isn't some double speak or do you just claim the NT is lying?

we was crucified for sedition...

claiming to be the "son of God" is not equal to being God in the flesh...

And you don't have to be Christian to know their dogma... similar to the trinity... it simply isn't in the book, but 90% of Christians believe in a trinity

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: schuyler
Jesus was a charismatic guy with a message. That's it.

Then what's all the fuss? If such was the case, He can't forgive or save us so we're just doomed sinners.

Why are we doomed? Why do we need "saving" or "forgiveness"? Those are accoutrements of the subsequent religion that arose after his death. Obviously, he inspired people. No doubt about that. But he was just a guy, a charismatic guy with a message.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

he did not...

we was crucified for sedition...

claiming to be the "son of God" is not equal to being God in the flesh...

And you don't have to be Christian to know their dogma... similar to the trinity... it simply isn't in the book, but 90% of Christians believe in a trinity

Blasphemy was the cause of his execution as well. Christians believe different things based on Jesus and his divinity. Islam could never accept that God would allow Jesus to be executed so they deny it ever happened

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

The Jews wanted him executed for blasphemy, but pilot didn't care about their rules... he was executed for sedition

And it doesn't matter what Islam says about Jesus... they're 600 some odd years removed from the events in the gospels

I've even heard some of them claim the quran is more correct then the gospels which is just silly...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The Jews wanted him executed for blasphemy, but pilot didn't care about their rules... he was executed for sedition

And it doesn't matter what Islam says about Jesus... they're 600 some odd years removed from the events in the gospels

I've even heard some of them claim the quran is more correct then the gospels which is just silly...

Yes, the Roman's wanted stability in the region and to make both sides happy.

What are we arguing about again?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Depends on the book really.

Judaism would ether look at him as a rabbi or hero, to a traitor or a false messiah. Christains are mainly the only ones that believe he is god, while Islam does revere him, and hold him in high status but with a completely different context. Easterners from what I gather could view him as a incarnation, physical manifestation of god...loosely.

The Trinity, has a few different interpretations, and for Christian's, obivously an usually is the Father, Son, an Holy Spirit. Dont really understand it myself, other then folks would usually explain some kind of relationship between the three.

Wether it about mind, body, an spirit, to a proton, neutron an electron, or even rock, paper, scissors. Never got any answers, plus there are dozen other trinities.

Lastly, N.T mainly with tons of similarities to other deities.

edit on 30-1-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

lol... whether or not he claimed to be God...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join