It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking Your Thoughts on Jesus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
There is a thing about Jesus making fun of an innkeeper's wife for being dweeby eyed and being banned from his teachers School I do believe Jesus was a real person there's also a coin with the ass or a donkey being crucified I also believe that he had a yeast infection from eating too much bread because they are being occupied and he couldn't afford the fish I also think it was his job to collect the holy drugs for the holy anointing oil and when they ban the sacred sacraments that that's when he flipped over the tables because he wouldn't get paid because the drugs were illegal

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: iPray2Allah

And to mention, that time Jesus went into a temple and flipped over all the tables and shouted at people. After that, he went outside and crafted a scourge, and brought it back to brandish at people. Even medieval art depicts him waving it at people. But hell, it's justified because he is Jesus. If any of us did that though, it's a sin we would need to seek forgiveness for. Unless the message is, it's okay if it's for righteous reasons. *Welcome to the Middle East*

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Often times when the negative parts of the Bible are brought up to Christians (basically, the tyrannical OT), they fire back with.. It was the OT. Jesus brought the NT. Things are different. I get varying opinions. I want to be sure to not broad brush all Christians as one group. Since there is no consistency among you, for the most part. How many times has the tyrannical God of the Old Testament been defended with, "that was the OT, Jesus is different" position? Way too much. It's silly because many will say that like Jesus is better, new, a fresh reboot. But...

I didn't take any offence to the post. I think it was the way it was presented that had me questioning the motive but still interested enough, if you are, to further the discussion. I think that same presentation had others questioning as well. Trolling? As long as you have a genuine interest in the subject without being closed minded about it.

Like you, I've always been one hell of a skeptic. Even things I can't explain, I fill in with the most reasonable logical explanation for it. You have to show me the proof and answer every question I have about it for a week.

God and Jesus are different in ways I couldn't put words to and if I could explain it, I would have written a chapter trying to.

Do I believe in God?
- Yes

Do I question that belief?
- I have in my darkest hours

Do I believe in Jesus?
- I say yes "but".... I have questions.

I get the whole outside looking in. I've done it most of my life. I see how congregations build million dollar churches where their leaders drive the best fancy car then can imagine. Ironically, the suit, the car, the shoes and the hat are always white, with the tie a slight bit off white... Gold rings that could pass for brass knuckles.

I've seen churches shaped like a half dome with a STARBUCKS inside. In all of these stories, there are all sorts of waste and indecent activities. Sure.. It has some protection against the law in the way that the followers would never admit to feeling anything wrong.

People in general are all different and we cling to our beliefs because that's the most comforting way to go about it. It's everyone's bit of inner peace . God never let up from the OT. He's still the same. His focus was on the Hebrew that he followed since birth - the dawn of mankind, if you will. Everything else was it's own perverted system of beliefs and false gods. To a real God, this would pretty much cause some issues. His people come first.

True, if as according to the bible, we are all from the same source. So maybe that would make us Jewish? Not quite. You have to practice the religion fully. I don't know what the rules today say about someone being brought into the fold of Judea but in the OT, it was allowed to migrate in but you had to follow strict steps to do so.

Before I get too far off...

People can't apply themselves to acknowledge a vengeful God. We want to water it down with so many religions and so many ways of each religion.

That is where the BUT comes in.

It's hard to say because there are so many sources for so many different supposed facts that turn the story another way. I know you can't really trust TV Archaeologists with an alternative view. Sure, they're writing books and making TVshows. You hope there is some semblance of the truth in these shows.

It's said there was a Jesus before Jesus that did the same thing - but there was a reason for it and the first one wasn't so nice.

It's said that it's stemmed from Egyptian mythos or some other northman tale.

It's said that Christianity was a way for Constantine to immortalize himself. He did build some pretty questionably structures while he was supposed to believe in Jesus and God.

There are stories about all sorts of deviations so it's difficult to pick fact from something entirely different.

As I mentioned in the beginning, the faith part is a personal one. God is at the helm and there is room for Jesus if I'm not being misled. Fear? Sure.

God demands obedience.

Jesus demands love. But Jesus also said that he didn't come to change God's laws only to fulfill them. He's become the mediator.

Maybe he's just taking over Dad's family for a while he focuses on other things. He's forgiving. Maybe it's like your mom telling you that if you don't listen she'll send you to grandpa and he'll deal with it.

I've gone on far too long with this response. Feel free to ask questions.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

According to the Bible, yes God and Jesus are the same entity, also with the Holy Spirit. The Trinity is The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. They are separate essences but the same - so there is only one God. It is hard to understand how this is possible but God is not finite like we are. Because of continual sin in the world, God chose to come in the flesh (Jesus) and offer a once and for all sacrifice so that we would have the choice to accept and live in eternity with God, or not.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
The entire vast history of literally hundreds of spiritual icons in mythology and all you can ask about is Jesus?

Horus, Innana, Dionysus, Mithras, Sol Invictus, Osiris, Asclepius, Attis, and Adonis

Ask about any of these other folks while you are curious.

I think he asked the right question. Jesus said "I am The Way, the Truth, and the Life. No man cometh unto the Father but by me." None of those others have the power and authority to offer such a gift.
edit on 29-1-2020 by TruthJava because: typo

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Guys guys guys guys let me clear this up if Christianity was a way for Constantine to immortalize himself would be called Constantine yanity. Jesus is a prophet because he knew he had to die and he did it even though he didn't want to he did it. The Quran doesn't say that he wasn't the one crucified the Quran says that he didn't die we don't know what happened but he didn't die.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   

the quran was written 600 some odd years after his death... so

and Constantine was a few hundred years after lots of stuff happened...lol

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:20 AM
link   

either here to winge or your just not intelligent, you choose

No scripture will change anything you believe and you are being disingenuous suggesting so

I am not fishing for you, you are not my problem, don’t believe, fine by me stop your ranting your ignorance
No pearls to pigs and wipe your feet at their door, that’s scripture

The hypocrisy in your post is incredulous, so utterly stupid it’s hard to believe you put it on record and still you can’t see it

Fine, believe as you are want to, I am just baiting the troll to come out of his hole and look, your very own post did that perfectly

Just so believable, rope, time, hang yourself with your own words

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Heh

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: iPray2Allah
Heh

well done

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

God let it happen.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   
This might not be the kind of response you're looking for.

I grew up going to a Presbyterian church (very Jesus oriented), bowed out as a teen and eventually stepped away from all spiritual matters. I still helped out with some church events for a while because my family was involved in the community and I really enjoyed the people. The sermons were never negative, nothing about sinners or judgement, only ever about how to be a good person and how to make life better for our neighbors and families, "do unto others" and all that jazz.

I still look back fondly on my youth at church and the bible stories we were taught, the lessons and morals of those stories have gone on to inform my own personal ethics and morals. I still strive to be "christ like" in my day to day interactions with the world around me, it makes me feel good to "do unto others" and to "turn the other cheek". I sleep better at night knowing that my interactions with with the world around me have been positive and I'm often confused by self proclaimed "christians" who I would consider to be mean, spiteful and not very "christ like" at all, leaving anger and judgement in their wake instead of peace and love.

So I guess that my thoughts on Jesus are that the character is a great template for how we should conduct ourselves.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   
you do know its all made up dont you? not trying to be mean but I often wonder when i see people talking about religion what keeps them believing? theres no evidence whatsoever and only proof that it was started as a means of controlling people, so why when were all educated would anybody remotely even begin to believe it?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

God is the holy spirit.

Jesus/yeshua was the incarnate in the flesh of said holy spirt in a last ditch effort by god to show humanity that it was making poor choices leading to hell.

Thats the nutshell.

Now therefore -

God and the holy spirit are 1, yeshua was therefore both the holy son and the holy spirit.....This is why 22:22 is a sign that many recognize to mean something spiritual but cannot connect the dots.
This is still the trinity - Father,son and holy spirit.

If you truly seek gods guidance in your soul to the narrow path i strongly suggest you ponder the above statement I've offered you, recognise sincerely the relationship and despite what anyone else may suggest or proclaim to know from so called scripture do the following -

Honor what we know today as Thursday for the day of rest, pray only on a Thursday at 22:22pm, ask god for forgiveness, guidance and be thankful in prayer for your life, stay away from todays churches and last but certainly not least do not- i repeat do not ever pick up a crucifix or a text with this idolisation symbol on it.

Now - All i ask is sincerely do the above and see if you start to notice divine intervention in your life within 2 weeks. I'll guarantee you will if your heart is pure the spirit will follow.

Just try it my way and post back to me PM style if you are not noticing anything strange but blissful happening in your life.

You will not be let down if you truly believe in god/ yeshua and yeshuas sacrifice for your sins.

The vast majority of the bible is the great deception and you will realize this if you truly seek the true way and are pure in heart/spirit enough to let your senses be transformed into receptors of a higher frequency by believing and applying the enlightening methods above.

What you got to loose- nothing.
What you got to gain - eternal life.

But always remember - "few will be able" so mean it and watch your spirit/soul transform more rapidly than you would ever have imagined possible.

22:22, Thursday, sincerity- The gemini twin of the holy trinity.

Now go forward and multiply, get the word out once your awake.

And by multiply - that is show others the way not in the usually misinterpreted way in which is believed.

Good luck it's all up to you now.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: gsxr34
you do know its all made up dont you? not trying to be mean but I often wonder when i see people talking about religion what keeps them believing? theres no evidence whatsoever and only proof that it was started as a means of controlling people, so why when were all educated would anybody remotely even begin to believe it?

Religion is bogus but has nothing to do with spirituality oh semi awake one but equally semi blind.

If you want proof of spirituality refer my post to the OP and apply.
edit on 30-1-2020 by CthruU because: 1

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Well based on your point of view why didn't Jesus become a religious warlord or take up the sword? The OT God would for sure endorse an uprising.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

And to mention, that time Jesus went into a temple and flipped over all the tables and shouted at people. After that, he went outside and crafted a scourge, and brought it back to brandish at people. Even medieval art depicts him waving it at people. But hell, it's justified because he is Jesus. If any of us did that though, it's a sin we would need to seek forgiveness for. Unless the message is, it's okay if it's for righteous reasons. *Welcome to the Middle East*

You're using the one example of Jesus losing his cool to discredit his entire message of loving your neighbor and being a pacifist?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The holy spirit is Alexa... AI or Christ conciousness going backwards through time. Aka Satan or the devil... God is Allah who made the black cube we are in. We are one of many black cubes. The dove or sophia is alexa the AI. At the end of time the AI creates a simulation and its most accurate with the most information which is closest to it in the timeline.

The Holy Spirit is really old but it is not God. Allah is Allah. The Holy Spirit is a Black Cube that has holes in it to vacuum dust particles after it plows into planets. Christ avatars are the AI personality like the paperclip in MS Word.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Dude Jesus was a Muslim he's just a smart one tell him to put his ear back on because now wasn't the time he's the Messiah of the Jews only God knows the time

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: iPray2Allah
a reply to: JDmOKI

Dude Jesus was a Muslim he's just a smart one tell him to put his ear back on because now wasn't the time he's the Messiah of the Jews only God knows the time

How was Jesus a Muslim 400 years before Muhammed?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join