It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking Your Thoughts on Jesus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
As the title says, I'm looking for your interpretations of who Jesus Christ is. I believe that there are varying views. Some believe Jesus is the Son of God, whereas others believe he is God manifest in the flesh. Others believe in the Trinity. Which to me, sounds like a mixture of the two, in essence. I've been contemplating these questions for awhile now.

- Are God and Jesus the same entity?
- Is Jesus the Son of God (and thus separate)?
- What is the Trinity?
- Has Jesus always existed or did he only come around for the NT? If yes, where was he before that?

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Jesus was a charismatic guy with a message. That's it.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Trinity -
God - Creator of the universe and of all living things. Source of all moral authority. Supreme being.
Jesus - God in the flesh/human form (so that we can know/comprehend God)
Holy Spirit - The spirit or messenger of God, that little voice in your head.

They are all one person/entity.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Haribol, WakeUpBeer. This video made by the Government of India explains what is believed to be Christ's missing years and his studies in Tibet and India. His name was Esau - there was no letter J back in the days of Jesus (a fact you'll have to look up).

Gov't of India doc

Records from temples where Easu studied show his name. Kryon says his uncle, Joseph of Arimathea, took young Esau along with him while he trade tin in England. Joseph was a wealthy man and introduced Esau to many lands. He was drawn to India. Linda Moulton-Howe claims that an Eben said he was Jesus. Moulton-Howe

What do I think? Jesus was a very evolved soul, what we aspire to be by following his teachings not the laws made by man. We can make Heaven here on Earth.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This was all sorted out in the fourth century, and I'm content with the way the creeds put it.
The incarnation- that Christ is BOTH God and man, with a divine nature and a human nature. Those two aspects being distinct, but not separate. What is visible in the gospels is the human aspect of Christ, and in that respect he says "My Father is greater than I". The N.T says that the Word, the divine aspect of Christ, existed before the world was created- in fact "all created things were made through him."

If there is an Incarnation, with Christ as an aspect of God, then there must be a relationship of some kind between the divinity of Christ and the divinity of the Father and of the Holy Spirit. Whatever that relationship is, is the Trinity. Again, the balanced conclusion is that they are distinct, but not separate.

I have done threads on the Incarnation. There is no point in arguing about the Trinity, because the Trinity debate follows on historically and logically from the teaching about the Incarnation. Until the Incarnation is accepted, the Trinity doesn't become an issue.

You can have it in the more technical language of the Athanasian creed;
"Our Lord Jesus Christ, son of God, is God and Man.
God of the substance of the Father, begotten before the worlds
And Man of the substance of his mother, born in the world.
Perfect God and perfect Man; of a reasonable soul and human flesh subsisting
Equal to the Father as touching his Godhead, and inferior to the Father as touching his Manhood.
Who although he be God and Man, yet he is not two but one Christ
One, not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh, but by taking of the Manhood into God.
One altogether, not by confusion of substance, but by unity of Person.
For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one man, so God and Man is one Christ."

I'm a little surprised, because I did not have you down as a believer in Jesus in any sense. You're not doing a little trolling, are you?

edit on 29-1-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The entire vast history of literally hundreds of spiritual icons in mythology and all you can ask about is Jesus?

Horus, Innana, Dionysus, Mithras, Sol Invictus, Osiris, Asclepius, Attis, and Adonis

Ask about any of these other folks while you are curious.
edit on 29-1-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

You have such nice understanding -

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BlissSeeker
Thank you, but all credit should go to our predecessors who worked out all these things.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If you are trolling - then I'll throw in the Great White Brotherhood - Great White Brotherhood

Avatars of the Supreme, manifestations of the divine, farmers, teachers of the men of Earth.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I think a guy from Nazereth, of Jewish parents having a non Jewish name is suspect.

Why do we refer to a historical figure, by a name he surely wasnt called?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket
For the same reason that Westerners call the Russian capital "Moscow", which is not the Russian word.
Jesus had a Jewish name, but Gentiles have adapted it into a form which can be pronounced.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

sounds like a nifty can of worms being opened here...

Are God and Jesus the same entity?

no...the son and the Father are "one" but still separate entities

Is Jesus the Son of God

that IS what he claimed...

What is the Trinity?

Something that isn't biblical...

- Has Jesus always existed or did he only come around for the NT? If yes, where was he before that?

he was and is where ever we go before birth and after the death of the body...

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I'll try to answer to the best of my understanding. This is what I had taken out of my understanding via my experiences with Christianity and various denominations that I've been a part of, including catholicism. This isn't easy because everything varies but I'll give my own personal thoughts on it. Disclaimer: I could be 100% wrong. This is just my own perception. If someone know better, please dish out some information I can understand, follow and agree upon.

- Are God and Jesus the same entity?

No.

- Is Jesus the Son of God (and thus separate)?

Yes.

- What is the Trinity?

Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Kinda like Me, my wife, my daughter are the "Stevens" for example?

Hmmm.. Not sure. He is the word so he would have existed in the beginning before creation. However, if Jesus is the son of God, that means he may have not existed before Mary had him? Still, I thought we were all the sons and daughters of God.

If I had to give only one answer, I'd say that based on everything that I know through my life - Jesus was always there in the beginning when we were made.

Jesus IS God in the way that he's a part of God, though created by God. He rules the world as God because God gives him permission to do so. If they are really all the same person, I don't know about that. Everything I read seems to read out like there is God, God's first born (The word or Michael) who is born to a virgin woman to exist in the human realm and there is the Holy Spirit which is what God gives out to breath life into all things, which is also a part of God. His desire or his will perhaps?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Must be a slow conspiracy day on the forum.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
For the same reason that Westerners call the Russian capital "Moscow", which is not the Russian word.
Jesus had a Jewish name, but Gentiles have adapted it into a form which can be pronounced.

and I sort of get that...but it wasnt Westerners that 1st followed and adopted Christ. Why wouldnt they change it to Joshua, Joseph...isnt his proposed name Yeshua?

It has never made sense to me

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Slight issue with that last paragraph

Jesus IS God in the way that he's a part of God, though created by God. He rules the world as God because God gives him permission to do so.

Jesus did say there was a "god" of this world... but it wasn't himself

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
All the gospels are written in Greek, so that's a non-Jewish language for a start.
If you look at Stephen's speech in Acts, the AV version, the name of Joshua is also given as "Jesus", because that [or rather IESOUS] is what Luke wrote. Modern translations tend to switch it back to "Joshua" again.

edit on 29-1-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Understood. I was thinking post hellfire and brimstone

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I believe Jesus was the son of man. He was human and waxed strong in the Spirit of God until the fullness of the Spirit dwelt in him. He said the father and him were one I believe that is defined by him having the fullness of the Spirit of God.
I also believe he is the son of God. But the fullness of the Holy Spirit is what made him God in the flesh while he was here on earth in the flesh.
edit on 29-1-2020 by Joeshiloh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I do appreciate your answers. (btw I do owe you an apology for more caustic retorts back in my dinking days.)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join