It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would America/the world be like if President Romney had served two terms?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It is 2015 and President Romney is currently serving his last term as President of the United States. He has thrown his support behind frontrunner Governor Rick Perry who is widely touted to be nominated to run in 2016.

What does America look like? What is the state of the world?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: IndigoLLC

How the hell would anyone know?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Probably still like this:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Horrible.
That is all

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
We would have probably had a way better healthcare system than Obamacare in this country if Romney had won.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Well Obamas admin looked a lot like Bush's other than ACA which is similar to RomneyCare in Mass.

If Obama didn't win I wonder if Trump would have though. 🤷‍♂️

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

We would still be exactly where we are today. Politically, Romney is not that much different from Obama. They are both puppets to the one world agenda. Obamacare was Romneycare, so naturally, we still would have ended up with Trump since Clinton still would have been running in 2016 to take over the adenda and still pissing everyone off!

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

There would be more sister wives???

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

As an internet expert in made-up future timelines, I can tell you exactly what America would look like.

1. I'd be in nipple-clamps and wearing a ball-gag.
2. Space robots.
3. They never would have made that "Ghostbusters" remake.
4. We'd have a trade agreement with Nebraska.
5. The chicks, the womenfolk would be wearing Poodle skirts again.
6. "Firefly" would not have been canceled.
7. Man-buns would be outlawed.
8. Chicago Bears would have won 5 Super bowls in a row!
9. Flying cars.
10. The democrats would still be trying to impeach a regular businessman named Trump.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
We would have probably had a way better healthcare system than Obamacare in this country if Romney had won.

To a large extent, Obamacare IS Romneycare. From a discussion back in 2012:

“Both leave in place the major insurance systems: employer-provided insurance, Medicare for seniors and Medicaid for the poor. They seek to reduce the number of uninsured by expanding Medicaid and by offering tax breaks to help moderate income people buy insurance. People are required to buy insurance or pay a penalty, a mechanism called the "individual mandate." And companies that don't offer insurance have to pay fines, with exceptions for small business and a few other cases.”

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: rickymouse

To a large extent, Obamacare IS Romneycare. From a discussion back in 2012:

“Both leave in place the major insurance systems: employer-provided insurance, Medicare for seniors and Medicaid for the poor. They seek to reduce the number of uninsured by expanding Medicaid and by offering tax breaks to help moderate income people buy insurance. People are required to buy insurance or pay a penalty, a mechanism called the "individual mandate." And companies that don't offer insurance have to pay fines, with exceptions for small business and a few other cases.”

Romneycare was way cheaper than Obamacare. Obama took advice from the AMA and businesses that profit from healthcare, Romney considered some things they said but chose to form one that was cheaper and better for his citizens of his state.

I know people who have obamacare and the things they complain about were not a problem in Romney's state.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

As an internet expert in made-up future timelines, I can tell you exactly what America would look like.

1. I'd be in nipple-clamps and wearing a ball-gag.

Are you trying to make us believe you aren't wearing that now?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndigoLLC
It is 2015 and President Romney is currently serving his last term as President of the United States. He has thrown his support behind frontrunner Governor Rick Perry who is widely touted to be nominated to run in 2016.

What does America look like? What is the state of the world?

Same as if Hillary would have won. Same employer as Bush and Obama

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
We probably would have invaded Iran, been bogged down in another insurgency IED war.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Romney is a progressive globalist so we would be a lot worse off in many areas...especially personal liberty. Romney is a RINO in every sense.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
5 and 6 are winners.

But I have to ask, could 5 and 1 be combined? Asking for a friend.

Seriously, if Romney had been elected, I suspect that indeed, healthcare would suck the same but the economy MIGHT have been better.

a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

No alchohol
No weed
No gambling
No coffee
7 wives

edit on 29-1-2020 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It’s a non issue, Romney didn’t have enough support.
Period.
I voted third party because of him.

top topics

join