It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranoid of Asians

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

My sister works for a fire Dept. One of the firefighters has a fiancée in Wuhan. He had visited her in December. He just returned to work sick. Coworkers refused to work with him so his superior told him “look just go home til you feel better” - He’s a White guy.

It’s paranoia not racism.

I can’t blame anybody for not wanting to get sick with a virus that may cause death.

edit on 29-1-2020 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
I'm geting a little paranoid about chinese people

-sigh- seriously?

As the old saying goes, '(irrational) paranoia will destroy ya'

Also a bit paranoid about Muslims!

And as another old saying goes, 'just because your paranoid doesn't mean theyr'e not out to get ya'...

There is a rational reason to fear Muslims, since the vast majority - meaning, 90+% - support, many silently while pretending to be your friend, radical Jihad and the radical Jihadists.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

This is just racism.

Please... it is not 'racism'. It is irrational fear out of ignorance.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Normally, I'd be one of the first to call you out for this being irrational, prejudice, however..
I was at the grocery store yesterday, and there was a group of about 5-6 Asians, walking around coughing on everything. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.
People will call you many names, but, it's not irrational to want to stay away from danger.

I get it.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
I'm geting a little paranoid about chinese people and people of East Asian ethnicity. Today i was out at the nearest shopping centre and everytime i saw an asian, i immediately thought 'sh&&, i hope they don't have it' and i wanted to get out of there asap. Only feel like this because the chinese New Year was celebrated over the wk/end and most would of been out at some function. Many have travelled over the last Month and the incubation period is 2 weeks, so that's plenty of time for this thing to spread with some not showing symptom

Some guy sneezed as I walked along the street, I looked back at him and thought 'sh&&, I hope he didn't have it'

I won't be visiting any shopping centres for the next Month at least.

How bout you?

Also a bit paranoid about Muslims!

how bout slathering yourself with hand sanitizer, alcohol,lysol and getting a UV light to help you grow a pair of bullocks in your nut sack

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

My sister works for a fire Dept. One of the firefighters has a fiancée in Wuhan. He had visited her in December. He just returned to work sick. Coworkers refused to work with him so his superior told him “look just go home til you feel better” - He’s a White guy.

It’s paranoia not racism.

Honestly that situation doesn't even elevate to paranoia. If you were visiting the epicenter of this virus last month and are now sick, then anyone who knows you were in Wuhan is simply practicing common sense and survival instincts to avoid you. Hell, just being sick, really is all that's needed regardless of where it came from. Most species of animals shun the sick because we are all imbued with the personal instinct of survival. It's kept the species alive for this long, so it's clearly there for a reason and should be listened to.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

This became a platform for virtue signalling and that's always a hoot... Anyway, I understand somewhat where you're coming from. I feel similar, only it doesn't have any real racial or ethnic connotations with me and it effectively predates the Wuhan virus as well. If I see someone who is clearly sick, I avoid them at all costs unless they are directly related to me (in which case I'm already probably carrying whatever plague they are shedding). It isn't general germaphobia... I wonder if there's some named fear of diseased people and their walking pitri dish tendencies?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

I want to hear more about these Australian violinists please and why they would be such a touchy subject. Lots of Australian Nazi’s in your timeline? Also if he were a carrier would he play a stratavirus?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I don't know what is going to happen with this flu. We might all die, it might be nothing.

Social media is a bastard though. On one hand, social media brings up fear, terror, horror, nightmare scenarios, apocalypse, death and destruction everywhere!

Then social media, the same social media, attacks you for believing what they put out.

Stay safe!

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

It's literally the definition of uneducated, paranoid racism.

What is? Your comment?
I agree
Maybe you need to update your dictionary.

Racism is superiority over a race. Not avoiding a race that is carrying a disease right now.
Get out of here with that crap.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Exactly. thanks for your reply.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Normally, I'd be one of the first to call you out for this being irrational, prejudice, however..
I was at the grocery store yesterday, and there was a group of about 5-6 Asians, walking around coughing on everything. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.
People will call you many names, but, it's not irrational to want to stay away from danger.

I get it.

Thankyou very much too.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Another who agrees with me, its best to be cautious and safe then to be dead or suffering from some illness

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The OP just seems like standard paranoia to me..

I live in NJ right across the bridge from Philadelphia and I work remotely for a company in Cali so I travel a good bit from coast to coast.

Prior to this virus I have seen people wearing masks.
During the outbreak I see people wearing masks.
After the outbreak I will see people wearing masks.

I mean honestly when compared to the Flu or other seasonal outbreaks this current scenario doesn't really hold a candle but CT's and the like have decided to focus on this Virus and turn it into the next big bad so I think that is contributing to the fear you have. Not saying for you it isn't warranted but that rather the overall fear around it is most likely not relational to the results.

edit on 29-1-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I don't know what is going to happen with this flu. We might all die, it might be nothing.

Social media is a bastard though. On one hand, social media brings up fear, terror, horror, nightmare scenarios, apocalypse, death and destruction everywhere!

Then social media, the same social media, attacks you for believing what they put out.

Stay safe!

Thats very true too. Thanks for the support

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I would be lying if I said that I hadn't been taking more notice of Asians while at the airport. It's been in the media so my conscious mind is looking for it. Although considering the time of year, I usually wear a mask for air travel. I'd rather not catch anything anyone has, be it the common cold or this new virus.

Edit: sitting at the airport just now there are at least a dozen people of various ethnicities hacking and sneezing without so much as covering their mouths. Some people are just inconsiderate when they're ill.
edit on 1/29/20 by Hypntick because: additional info

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
paranoid paranoid everyone coming to get meeeeee

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Honestly, you're probably #ed now. You were close enough to see them, best start writing that will now. There's a 100% chance one of those random Asians, from who knows which country, that you briefly passed by have corona virus. You're done dude. Done like a glazed Ham that's been slow roasting for 12 hours that's just melting off the bone.

I'm hungry I haven't eaten lunch yet. I did just get some food served by some Philippinos though so I may be joining ya budz.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I'm right there too. I know someone (as has already happened) will call it racist but I have been the same for the last day or so. More since we started hearing reports of possible cases (although all apparently false) in the UK. I walk walking home today from work and had two Asian people walking towards me both wearing those white face masks, I've only ever seen that on television in news reports and documentaries and it freaked me out so I crossed the street.

I'll add though that I'm like his for everything - If I'm walking down the street and hear or see someone coughing or sneezing I hold my breath and cross the street. I normally avoid shaking hands and or being touched by another person who I don't know. I'm a recovering OCD person though so I like to use that as my excuse.

There is no shame in fearing something.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

I have mild schizophrenia and analyze everything, maybe sometimes over analyze but best to be safe then sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join