It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In what ways can society discourage people from whitening their skin?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Maybe if everybody stops spreading lies about the benefits/no drawbacks of sunscreen amd damgers of exposure to sunlight, tanned skin will become sexier again.

Totally agree with this.
My dad had melanoma and was told by his dr that it might have been caused by LACK of sunlight!

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

originally posted by: Edumakated
It is a form of self-hate from being directly and subliminally told you aren't attractive. It is a cultural thing.

I'm not really sure what can be done about it. It took hundreds of years of oppression to get to this point and won't change over night.

Is that why women use cosmetics? Oppression and stuff? Or are they allowed to do what they like?

It's more oppressive to not allow someone to do what they want with their skin, you know. Like saying people just do it because they're oppressed.

That was a not so smart comment and I think it may be racist, or oppressive .... maybe micro aggressive or something.

If you can't understand the difference between using makeup to enhance your looks versus skin bleaching then you aren't smart enough to engage in this conversation. Seriously.

The two are worlds apart. As I mentioned in earlier posts, there is plenty of historical information on skin bleaching and colorism. As a 40 something BLACK male, I speak from experience. Not just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: IndigoLLC

Does this problem include anal bleaching?
Asking for a friend...

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: IndigoLLC

Does this problem include anal bleaching?
Asking for a friend...

Anal bleaching is just good common sense.

A lady friend told me.

Everybody could use a little anal bleach and a bidet, can't get any cleaner than that.

Also tanning your taint.
edit on 1-2-2020 by geezlouise because: metaphysical meagan and perineum tanning

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join