It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats are already bracing for a ‘hostile’ Trump transition

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Democrats are already bracing for a ‘hostile’ Trump transition

Democrats are bracing for the possibility that if President Donald Trump loses the 2020 election, he and his aides will bungle a smooth handover of power – and maybe even try to outright sabotage the transition.

At least one outside group that works with the 2020 Democratic campaigns has quietly launched a transition-related effort designed to offer an early look at the landscape that awaits them if they oust Trump.

Separately, a prominent good government organization, the Partnership for Public Service, is openly appealing to Trump and his Democratic opponents to start thinking early about transition planning, even if it comes across as “presumptuous.”

And one leading Democratic presidential candidate, Elizabeth Warren, just days ago unveiled a plan that, among other things, describes how she would move quickly to staff the government if she wins the White House.

In the plan, Warren voices the fears of many Democrats. “This will be no ordinary transition between administrations,” she states. “Unlike previous transitions, we will not be able to assume good faith cooperation on the part of the outgoing administration.”

That Democrats are making transition-related moves more than nine months before Election Day underscores not only their distrust of Trump but also the reality that taking over the U.S. government is a mammoth task with high stakes.

Any government is especially vulnerable during a transition of power, and Democrats who deal with national security are among those most concerned about a Trump-to-Democrat handover.

Why is it that in the last 30 years of Presidential transitions we constantly get stories/rumors that the out going administration is trying to sabotage the incoming administration. Time after time, there has been an orderly transition despite huge differences in the way each administration wants to govern.

This last transition into the Trump presidency has been the most disruptive, but even that transition didn't lead to massive issues of govern-ability (perhaps despite some of the more "colorful" reports about trying to unseat the new President).

Rumors that George W. Bush wasn't going to leave office...followed by rumors that Barrack Obama wasn't going to leave office....so on and so forth. I don't know about anyone else, but the state of our politics hasn't reached the point where a sitting president will attempt a blatant coup against the duly elected incoming president. It doesn't mean they will get along and work together, but I don't see them hindering them either.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

If Trump were to LEGALLY lose the next election,I don't think
he would cause any trouble on his way out.I pray that he wins
the next election if a democrat gets in,I'm bugging out!

+38 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Title of this thread should read:

"Democrats are bracing for the possibility that Trump will win by a landslide in 2020 and are working hard to sabotage the inevitability of that happening."

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think their behavior in 2016 has them scared that Trump might act the same way. But this is putting the cart well before the horse. Let's see what happens with the election before we worry about Donald barricading himself in the white house with a couch against the door.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I think democrats should start putting their face between their legs and kiss their rearenda goodbye!! MAGA 2020

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I cannot wait for the giant "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" heard the world over !!!

I will wear ear protection

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Modern Democrats, do as I say, not as I do.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

Yah, you also could take the first sentence and just change the date and name to Obama and you have what happened in 2016.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Why is it that in the last 30 years of Presidential transitions we constantly get stories/rumors that the out going administration is trying to sabotage the incoming administration.

I can't recall any time where this happened. Examples please.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Why is it that in the last 30 years of Presidential transitions we constantly get stories/rumors that the out going administration is trying to sabotage the incoming administration.

/facepalm/
DOHHHHHHH

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
yeah no shenanigans on trump moving into the white house......
lol watching regulars pretend everything was on the up and up is delicious

thehill.com...

“I probably wouldn’t have … gotten away with it.”

What was shocking was not that Comey violated protocols or policies again but the reaction of the audience to his admission. In describing how he set up a critical meeting with Michael Flynn, former national security adviser to President Trump, the audience was audibly thrilled by his cleverness in keeping Flynn unrepresented by legal counsel and unaware of the true nature of the meeting.

“I sent them. Something we’ve, I probably wouldn’t have done or maybe gotten away with in a more organized investigation, a more organized administration. In the George W. Bush administration … or the Obama administration, two men that all of us, perhaps, have increased appreciation for over the last two years. In both of those administrations there was process.”

garbage people

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Democrats get hostile over personality and ignore policy.

I (as a trump voter) could care less about who is in office, as long as that person didn't raise my taxes, attempt socialized medicine, control the means of production, take away rights, or any other communist bull crap!

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

/facepalm/
DOHHHHHHH

it is a magnesium deficiency
it happens in older people
is today the red jello or the green???

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

/facepalm/
DOHHHHHHH

I think it's a gray matter deficiency.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It is good to see some of this impeachment stuff is finally sinking in for the Democrats. They have been quite happy to dish out all these ridiculous allegations and waste time. The thought that these political games could be used against them has them worried.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

/facepalm/
DOHHHHHHH

I think it's a gray matter deficiency.

possible
www.verywellmind.com...
things shrink with age and poor maintenance

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
as an impartil outside observer - i finds it highly amusing that the democrats have delusions of wining the US 2020 POTUS election

they are - a bunch of muppets - who currently - are unfit to run a bath - and thats my polite response

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
as an impartil outside observer - i finds it highly amusing that the democrats have delusions of wining the US 2020 POTUS election

they are - a bunch of muppets - who currently - are unfit to run a bath - and thats my polite response

You are giving them far too much credit. You must be from one of the "polite" countries of world.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
If trumps doesn’t win and there are videos of illegals voting It won’t go well

Instead of people yelling at the sky, there will be people letting their ARs do the yelling.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

the plan, Warren voices the fears of many Democrats. “This will be no ordinary transition between administrations,” she states. “Unlike previous transitions, we will not be able to assume good faith cooperation on the part of the outgoing administration.” 

Wise assumption; instead of a good faith transition the Trump administration might do everything in its power to make the transition difficult. They might try to over turn the election by campaigning the Electoral College for faithless electors. Or they might put people in place who can leak all sorts of confidential information about the incoming administration. Or worse still they could push their agencies or foreign counterparts to further the idea that the incoming administration is the puppet government installed by a foreign enemy. They may even remove all the W keys from all the keyboards so that Warren can't type her name.

I'd be very worried if I was a Democrat transitioning government; they finally met a Republican willing to play the same dirty game they've been playing for years.

I don't know if thats good or bad for the country; but it is interesting to watch.

edit on 29-1-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join