It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australians at risk of coronavirus in China's Hubei province to be evacuated to Christmas Island

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Australia has a few known cases already... but there are 600 Australians as being registered as visiting in the Hubei Province of China...

I can imagine these 600 or so would like to get out of the "hot spot" for this dangerous virus, being in "lockdown" basically in a lot of places.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison says the Federal Government will try to evacuate "isolated and vulnerable Australians" trapped in China because of the outbreak of the deadly coronavirus.

Key points:

Australians in Hubei province at risk of coronavirus will be airlifted to Christmas Island for quarantine
The Government has upgraded its travel warnings for all of China
600 Australians are registered as being in Hubei province
The National Security Committee of Cabinet met earlier today and decided to launch the operation, after a briefing from Chinese authorities in Beijing on Monday.

Mr Morrison said Australian children and elderly people in the virus-hit city of Wuhan would get priority.

They will be taken to Christmas Island for quarantine.
Australians at risk of coronavirus in China's Hubei province to be evacuated to Christmas Island

I would imagine they must be gearing up Christmas Island with medical staff, and supplies, etc?

I reckon the quarantine period is a good idea,...yes stressful for everyone involved and their families. Finally get a family member out of the hot zone for the disease, and still have to endure a long quarantine time to find out if they managed to run the gauntlet unscathed with this new flu.

Hopefully not too many of these eventual evacuees are sick, or come down with it..

Crossed fingers, prayers,

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Good. Glad to see common sense at work.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Agreed musicismagic; unfortunately it may have spread much further and faster than they might think due to its symptom-less phase yet being transmissable... arggh. Perfect "weapon bug" behaviour...

Glad they are doing some common sense efforts too.

I still wonder since the symptom-less phase is a well known I presume, why are they still letting people fly in from China? Or from a place where it is "infected"?

I got a feeling it is gonna get quite a bit worse yet.... the next few weeks will let us know I reckon; in how it went for their containment efforts.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: pravdaseeker

Agreed musicismagic; unfortunately it may have spread much further and faster than they might think due to its symptom-less phase yet being transmissable... arggh. Perfect "weapon bug" behaviour...

Glad they are doing some common sense efforts too.

I still wonder since the symptom-less phase is a well known I presume, why are they still letting people fly in from China? Or from a place where it is "infected"?

I got a feeling it is gonna get quite a bit worse yet.... the next few weeks will let us know I reckon; in how it went for their containment efforts.

Pravdaseeker

Well, now here in Japan, and I don't live in Tokyo, but we do have 7 now with the virus and the govt. is going to foot the bill that are on govt. aid. not sure what that means since it usually involves the handicap and others unable to work and single mothers (something like that).
As I mention many Japanese hospitals really are very old and there already is a shortage of medical staff.

Yes, I agree, this is a very tricky virus and how it works in the long run is anyones guess now.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

what a smart move ... Australia has many unspoken of benefits being an island

but the same things like it's concentrated population also make iit very vulnerable at times like this

plus I'm sure the question has been asked "how 'real' IS this?"

So a brief quarantine at Xmas island sounds like a superb compromise without 'committing to the virii's pathogenicity" aka "staying neutral" and doing it very cleverly

makes me wonder how 'race specific' this virus is?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyJetson

Thanks JohnnyJetson... Unfortunately, I got a feeling it is very real. There are a few "theories" as to how it got going, and/or how it got to China.. etc, etc...Those would probably be other posts and threads.

Suffice to say, it is most likely real. That is, we need to treat it as being real... to do otherwise is probably a bit foolish, if it is real..

As for race specific traits... argghhh. Who knows at this point.

My untrusting mind thinks it got loose from a bioweapons lab in China about 20 miles due south of the suspect wild animal food market..(Bat Soup Central) Ha! And I think a lot more folks in China are sick than the official numbers...

I hope the numbers aren't being adjusted by the government, but that is what they tend to do.. ANY government down plays this sort of stuff a bit, to prevent panic, riots, etc.. Reports are, or rumours are a lot more folks are sick, and they can't verify it because they ran out of corona virus test kits??? Good story anyhow...all rumours right now sneaking out of China supposedly.

One things for sure, China has a very serious medical outbreak going down... and it is spreading. Xi has got his hands full dealing with this right now I reckon. What a burdensome task to try and contain this flu virus!

My wife says a 6th case has been verified down in the state of Victoria, Australia...She read it to me as I was typing this reply to you.

We will probably see more and more self quarantining, or on doctors orders, government orders to self quarantine if you start showing symptoms, until it can be verified or not as the bad virus..?? Just speculating here.

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone, and trying to send good vibes to China... on being able to get it "fixed" some how.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   

You want to see Australia wiped out via a plague?

Glad you live on a fault line.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyJetson

what a smart move ... Australia has many unspoken of benefits being an island

but the same things like it's concentrated population also make iit very vulnerable at times like this

plus I'm sure the question has been asked "how 'real' IS this?"

So a brief quarantine at Xmas island sounds like a superb compromise without 'committing to the virii's pathogenicity" aka "staying neutral" and doing it very cleverly

makes me wonder how 'race specific' this virus is?

Apparently the boss of xmas island doesn't want this as it will turn it into a veritable 'leper colony'.. lol

#FREETHEINFECTUGEES!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I can't imagine the residents of Christmas Island are very happy about this.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Doing similar thing for Brits but will be based at a military centre in the UK for 2 weeks!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Britons are due to be evacuated from the Chinese city of Wuhan tomorrow and will be quarantined for two weeks in a UK military base - as the global death toll from the coronavirus outbreak hits 132 and the disease continues to spread across the globe. So far more than 6,000 infections have been recorded in 19 countries, with cases tripling since Sunday and jumping 30 per cent in the last 24 hours.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

They’re not.

But they get boat people already so are used to (hating) it.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I read few minutes ago that Australian scientists duplicated the virus for research purposes. Kind of nervous about that. They're trying to find the way to detect infected people in early stages.

Feels like instead of finding a cure, they're more interested in spot sick people.

One step closer to FEMA camps maybe.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I'm not a doctor, but I don't think there's much they can do to 'cure' a virus once it's taken hold. I think all they can really do is treat the symptoms.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
There is now a 7th case confirmed on the Gold Coast. There is a Chinese football team staying in a Brisbane hotel that have been asked to stay in their rooms until next Wednesday. I think there are going to be many more cases of this on Australia.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Trueman

I'm not a doctor, but I don't think there's much they can do to 'cure' a virus once it's taken hold. I think all they can really do is treat the symptoms.

That's right, sadly.

Then wait for next mutation of the virus.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   

The moment a case is tested positive in Sydney, i'm issuing my aunty an order to gather her friends and GTFO, bug out and come to my F.O.B ASAP.

The doctors maybe telling porky pies, they say getting under control but they are doctors, not virologists, we went from the right brothers to Apollo 11 in 63 years, if the coronavirus was spread to human that would be 63 days, if not less.

But us brain dead aussies decided to recreate it, now it's time for our fine british botanists and naturalists to introduce invasive species to kill the endemic species such as the cane toad, the rabbit, the fox...there is a reason why smart Australians hate the pommy bastards (the British) because they screwed over the black man, the white Irish prisoners, so pretty much anyone who is not royal GFY.

If my aunty ever gets infected, there is a problem, she is a very prominent and essential figure in her fields, And now she knows what i'm capable of, she scours the news, she knows I do as well, This virus was manufactured, and was remanufactured in Australia, hopefully nothing bad will happen.

If any fatalities occur because of this "totally legit global chemical warfare testing for no reason whatever." yeah because all those thousands who died from atomic atmospheric testing.

Our species is hellbent on destroying ourselves.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TrustedTruth

Hello TrustedTruth... YEP, you are correctimundo.... win the 1 st prize...

Christmas Island was taken by surprise with this decision. And they aren't too happy about it.

Suppose one couldn't blame them for being upset with their island being selected as the place to fly in a possible bunch of sick people.

Christmas Island locals surprised, split over quarantine of Australians from coronavirus epicentre

I reckon this is just the beginning of some stressful times and situations being imposed on people all over the world thanks to this d**n flu bug getting out of Pandora's Box.

I know if I was a Christmas Islander; I wouldn't be all that happy about it. But the Oz government needs to have a place to hold them...until given the all clear to go home to Oz.

Sometimes, and in the future one can reasonably expect to get bad surprises with this disease and how governments deal with it. Sometimes, terrible situations get thrust upon people in certain areas.

I think of the citizens of Verdun, France; and the town suddenly becoming the epicenter for one of the worst battles in war ever, during WW1. The classic and maybe most extreme example of being thrust into a situation that is none of your doings/decisions/actions.

It was a tough call to make I'm sure... no detention/quarantine location would be real happy with flying in a bunch of possibly sick people. Risking the folks on the islands health, vs. exposing a large population center to it by flying them straight in to Sydney for example???

I feel for the folks on the island. No doubt it raises anxiety amongst everyone.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Greetings Flyingclaydisc... That is the general understanding about viruses....anti-biotics don't help with viruses..

You gotta treat the symptoms, and the world has to wait out the mutations the flu virus will go through. Until it is mutated into a less lethal form, or will it morph into a people killing plague monster....??

Folks might want to maybe consider getting their immune systems in good health... Garlic, Vit C, tumeric, colloidal silver, etc. So if you do come down with this new creeping crud bug... you stand a better chance of a smooth recovery.

I keep thinking about just how terrible the situation must be for the Chinese people in these locked down cities. They say they are all run out of food, etc. no medicines... Even if the "out of food" reports are not totally true, there surely must be severe shortages going on.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Dear ATS Readers, writers,

Greetings thecakeisalie, and thanks for your thoughts...

Here is to wishing you and your aunty in Sydney the best outcome with this health scare for everyone.

I did some looking on some survival websites, at my wifes request... I went to a few and all of the N95 type masks were sold out.. and a lot of bug out bags were sold out. Week supply of long term food meals were sold out too. Lots of goodies I would have wanted if I were looking to go bush due to a flu pandemic were sold out. water filter stuff, water storage stuff, etc.

I also have to admit this whole dang flu deal has a "Twelve Monkeys" stink to it....

Many with more knowledge than me on the subject are claiming it is a lab grown flu bug...

So perhaps once this disease has run its course, maybe they will figure it out...where it REALLY came from.

Some are even saying it is a planned release to achieve more control over everyone.. argghhh... Who knows really.

Bill and Melinda Gates stuff, the virus having a patent on it... Gates foundation running a simulation 4 or 5 months ago, wargaming this virus running amuck within the population. (65 million died supposedly in the sim). Working on a vaccine before all this hit the news, etc, etc. Lots of smelly dots in my book.

It is frustrating for sure at this point.

Pravdaseeker

top topics

join