It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Party Stands To Lose The Most From Impeachment Witnesses Testimonies?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Tuesday, January 28, 2020

The Senate Majority Leader concedes that he does not have enough votes to block witnesses:

Senator Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.) says he doesn’t have the votes to block a resolution to allow witnesses in the Senate impeachment trial, according to multiple reports.

McConnell made the admission in talks with Senate Republicans after President Trump’s defense team concluded its arguments, earlier today.
More at: www.nationalreview.com...

Which party has the most to lose from testimony by witnesses like Bolton, Biden, Kelly, Schiff, etc..? I doubt if most of them will voluntarily show up to testify in the Senate impeachment trial. They will need to be subpoenaed.

-CareWeMust

edit on 1/28/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

McConnell wants to block witnesses, right? I don't think it's because he thinks the Republicans would benefit the most from witnesses.
edit on 28-1-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Trump has nothing to loose. He’s not going to be convicted even from the start. I imagine Hunter Biden has a high pucker factor this week.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

McConnell wants to block witnesses, right? I don't think it's because he thinks the Republicans would benefit the most from witnesses.

Most of the Senior Senators don't want to open a door that could ultimately expose their own corruption. McConnell included.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

All you got to do is let Giuliani talk and do about a 10 minute PowerPoint presentation with all the evidence that the Ukrainian government has more than willingly handed over to him

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Trump has nothing to loose. He’s not going to be convicted even from the start. I imagine Hunter Biden has a high pucker factor this week.

From what I've read over the past 6 months, if Schiff-Ciaramella-Vindman are summoned, and tell the truth, the House Impeachment articles will be nullified...like they never happened.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I can bet you that both parties have been profiting from this military aid scheme. Not all member though. Just some on both sides. If McConnell is blocking witnesses then it can be seen as he too knew about and pocketed from it as well. I see no other reason why he would do that.

I think it's time that our government gets a purge. None of these politicians have our best interests at heart.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The strategy is brilliant.

Democrats under Schumer want "witnesses and documents" but thought it would be blocked by Republicans, so they keep pressing and lying.

Now some Republicans are in favor of witnesses !!!!

Schumer not liking it hahahahaha 😎 🤣

Democrats stand to lose by a factor of 10. The joke's on Schumer and the "Managers" 😆 🥳 😆

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
My hope is that witnesses come forward, get their story on the record, and then the Senate votes to exonerate Donald Trump.

That way the Republican Party as a whole has to own everything that comes out after that. And you better believe there will be floodgates opened between now and November.

With the constant evidence coming out, I want every Republican on record as supporting what Donald Trump is doing. So there is no hiding from what is coming next.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

That's not why.

It's because they are going to vote to acquit with or without witnesses.

Having the witnesses just draws out the whole process for weeks longer when the Republicans want to get it over with.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

I can't speak from experience, but it could be his crack smoking that puckers his butt.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I think McConnell just wanted to have the benefit of pointing back at this after months of trial and a public growing increasingly fatigued from it as well as disgusted at what a waste of time and money it will ultimately be and correctly stating "Look, the GOP tried to avoid this wasteful circus... if you voters want blood, look at the Democrats because they own this entire snipshow."

...and by and large he's looking like he will get that moment and reap the rewards from it.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
My hope is that witnesses come forward, get their story on the record, and then the Senate votes to exonerate Donald Trump.

That way the Republican Party as a whole has to own everything that comes out after that. And you better believe there will be floodgates opened between now and November.

With the constant evidence coming out, I want every Republican on record as supporting what Donald Trump is doing. So there is no hiding from what is coming next.

Enjoy your fantasy while you can.

Election night is going to end it.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

if you voters want blood, look at the Democrats because they own this entire snipshow.

Witnesses, no witnesses, which witnesses, is all up to the Republicans. The Republicans don't need one Democrat's vote to get what they want, whatever they want. This is all on the Republicans.

link   

originally posted by: dashen

All you got to do is let Giuliani talk and do about a 10 minute PowerPoint presentation with all the evidence that the Ukrainian government has more than willingly handed over to him

For some reason, the DOJ is not taking his evidence seriously. It will need to be certified by U.S. authorities first.

link   

I believe the reason why Mitch wants to end this charade now, and not call witnesses, is because he knows this thing will just get draggggggggggggggggggggged along, and in an election year he wants this wrapped up as soon as possible, especially if they have the case in their favor, which they do... The House could have subpoenaed everyone, but they decided to rush the impeachment through the house at record pace, pretending they had a clear cut open and shut case, which is far from the truth...

I believe the left has the most to lose, because the Bidens being exposed has a massive ripple effect to Obama and his whole administration... it should (and likely would) turn all the eyes on the past admin to see if there's other instances of them profiting off the positions, like Quid Pro Joe obviously did...

If Bolton gets called, so be it... Its hard to take anyone credible who's directly profiting at the moment via a book deal.. let the guy tell his story and any lies he may.. ultimately, Alan Dershowitz crushed any idea of a Bolton testimony meaning anything in terms of impeachment earlier during the trial
edit on 28-1-2020 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: underwerks

At what point are you going to realize that the joke is on you?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGhoul

If voters agree with you, the purge should happen in November. We just need to have the bad apples exposed before then.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The doj has actively been turning away all Ukrainian official efforts to hand over this evidence since before Trump was elected

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It is funny listening to some of the liberal "experts" start to back-track on the need for witnesses all of a sudden. Actually, they started saying last week, "Trump's gonna be acquitted anyway. Why drag this out and risk damaging Joe Biden?"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join