It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sander's Field Organizers Talk About Militancy And Violence Towards Property

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

Here's the problem.

Our government is corrupt.

Sanders wants to make the government bigger and more powerful.

So in essence, he wants to create even further corruption that will impact our lives.

If you want Sanders, then you'd have to believe our government is not corrupt.

If you don't think our government is corrupt, then you'd be all for growing the size and scope of government.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

If you want the economy of the Nordic countries, why not move there? No one forces you to stay in the US? Could it be that the Nordic countries don't want you?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I see that myth a lot on this site. Prove it!

You had your fun with commies, SJWs and big gubbermint tales for years. There must be something tangible to debate by now?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

You had your fun with commies, SJWs and big gubbermint tales for years. There must be something tangible to debate by now?

So you're saying Sanders wants to make the government smaller?

His proposals include an additional 5 trillion dollars in spending and you think that means a smaller, less intrusive government?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

If government takes over the health care system, then all the jobs currently performed by private health care employees suddenly become government jobs not to mention the added ones needed to form the bureaucracy to oversee the functioning of the whole system and payment structure.

Often in our government, that means layers of bureaucracies for something like that not counting the added jobs in other bureaucracies that will need to spill over into the expanded area.

And that's just a small taste of the expansion.

Bernie wants to completely finish taking over education too by co-opting all college on top of K-12 which is already pretty nearly 100% socialized meaning all the teachers, administrators, and bureaucrats are also government employees.

For every environmental program ... you're looking at new government jobs and bureaucrats. That's expansion.

All of that needs to be paid for. Not just in terms of manpower, but also in terms of material. Where do you think that comes from? It's easy to say taxes, but every time he nationalizes a new sector of the economy, the part that remains to be taxes shrinks making the base to pay even smaller meaning with either make do with less in the programs leading to eroded services and quality and possible rationing or we make do with less meaning those of us who form the tax base pay a LOT more than advertised to support the new government cancer eating away at our lives.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Here's the problem.

Our government is corrupt.

So in essence, he wants to create even further corruption that will impact our lives.

If you want Sanders, then you'd have to believe our government is not corrupt.

If you don't think our government is corrupt, then you'd be all for growing the size and scope of government.

Why is the government corrupt? I think we all know the answer. The govt is corrupt because it’s in bed with big business. Sanders wants to sever those ties. Who else has a plan to address the corruption? The vast majority of other candidates just toady up to those very businesses. So yes. He wants to address the corruption at its source, and for this he is attacked for impinging on this imaginary “free market and enterprise!”.

And in what way does he want to grow the size of govt? He wants to cut back on military expenditures. That would be a huge shrinking of govt power. He wants to demilitarize police. That would be a huge shrinking of govt power.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I'm saying you're full of it, mainly with misconceptions and prejudices.

Show me what you've got, your claim. I couldn't care less about size, it's all about the diameter. Ask your wife in case of doubt.
See? Same logic applied, and now you're The Bern who just lost his wife to the free market.

High Melania!

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

*shakes head*

If you think government is only corrupt because of business then have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

*shrugs*

All I see is you defending big government corruption.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If you want the economy of the Nordic countries, why not move there? No one forces you to stay in the US? Could it be that the Nordic countries don't want you?

See, and here we have a dishonest comment, followed by a personal attack. Why? Did I call you a name or impugn your worth, ketsuko? It’s unreasonable and dishonest discussion tactics. Are you, right now, living in the best house, in the best neighborhood, in the best city, in the best nation? If so, damn lucky! If not, why don’t you move? You act, dishonesty, as though there aren’t numerous reasons why people stay where they are.

I get it. Your point is “if you don’t see things the way I do, then shut up and go away”.
This is a very childish attitude to take, and fortunately, most of our world, society, etc don’t resolve their differences with this kind of behavior.

I’d appreciate if you’d leave off comments that don’t add to the discussion, and are just vehicles for personal attacks.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

With asking you to put up or shut up?

Whatever you say, lazy one.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

*shakes head*

If you think government is only corrupt because of business then have a nice day.

See, and that’s not an honest response either. I made multiple points. Then you act as if I think business is the only bit of corruption in govt and portray me as therefore stupid. No, I recognize there are other pillars of corruption in OUR govt, but I think it’s being embedded with business is the largest factor. Sure, there’s also money, nepotism, and just plain laziness or graft. But all those pale in comparison to the cost of business in govt. just the trillions of dollars given to our contractors and arms dealers during the last several wars alone could have paid for national healthcare, roads, education, housing. And every One of the dollars spent on those things would go right back into the economy, multiplied.

But when we were going to war, or bailing out the banks, or giving the tax break, where were the cries of “where’s the money going to come from??!!”? Where’s the money come from for the stimulus and qe? Where’s the money come from for mass surveillance? For militarizing the police? For imprisoning millions of Americans?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

All of that needs to be paid for.

I didn't see you running berzerk over increasing debt, nor did you scream foulplay as QE and stock-buybacks have been praised a "booming economy". I would be glad if you had a point there, or maybe some appearance of consistency.

Fascinating.

Do you read articles, maybe books? Could you share some material that made you think along those lines, for scientific purposes?
edit on 30-1-2020 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I didn't attack. I asked you an honest question.

If you don't like it here, why not move there where you claim you do like it?

My comment about them not wanting you is because very often, countries with those types of economies are very strict about their legal immigration. If you do not have the skills they need, then they will not let you in because they have to be very careful in the balancing act of their social systems or else they get overloaded.

Perhaps you've tried to emigrate and were not needed there was what I was saying. If you think that's a personal attack, it says more about what you think of yourself than anything I said about you. Whatever skills you have may not be skills they need, and sometimes, those can be very good skills indeed.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

If government takes over the health care system, then all the jobs currently performed by private health care employees suddenly become government jobs not to mention the added ones needed to form the bureaucracy to oversee the functioning of the whole system and payment structure.

Often in our government, that means layers of bureaucracies for something like that not counting the added jobs in other bureaucracies that will need to spill over into the expanded area.

And that's just a small taste of the expansion.

Bernie wants to completely finish taking over education too by co-opting all college on top of K-12 which is already pretty nearly 100% socialized meaning all the teachers, administrators, and bureaucrats are also government employees.

For every environmental program ... you're looking at new government jobs and bureaucrats. That's expansion.

All of that needs to be paid for. Not just in terms of manpower, but also in terms of material. Where do you think that comes from? It's easy to say taxes, but every time he nationalizes a new sector of the economy, the part that remains to be taxes shrinks making the base to pay even smaller meaning with either make do with less in the programs leading to eroded services and quality and possible rationing or we make do with less meaning those of us who form the tax base pay a LOT more than advertised to support the new government cancer eating away at our lives.

There’s no evidence for any of your points. Historically, most education and healthcare were almost 100% subsidized until 30-40 years ago.

If he’s downsizing the military, that’s getting rid of tons of bureaucrats too. If he’s overhauling the irs to make a simpler fairer tax system, that gets rid of em too.

And with our new massive middle management corporate paradigm there’s plenty private bureaucracy too.
And how much of a return on that 5 trillion will go back into the economy? All of it. All of it will be spent buying homes, phones, cars, and iPads. This is a far more important stimulus than the 5 trillion sitting in foreign bank accounts or in the stock market.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

My comment about them not wanting you is because very often, countries with those types of economies are very strict about their legal immigration. If you do not have the skills they need, then they will not let you in because they have to be very careful in the balancing act of their social systems or else they get overloaded.

Perhaps you've tried to emigrate and were not needed there was what I was saying. If you think that's a personal attack, it says more about what you think of yourself than anything I said about you. Whatever skills you have may not be skills they need, and sometimes, those can be very good skills indeed.

You’re full of sht. It was a dick statement meant to be a dick statement, just like your attempted disparaging psychoanalysis of me in this post. Just be honest and engage in honest debate, don’t be a smug dick slinging sideways insults and acting innocent. And when you do, at least own it and don’t play the victim. My prepubescent kid has more balls and honesty.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You may lack the empathy to realize your mistakes, or the character to apologize, but that doesn't change a thing.

No. Yes. D'Oh!

If you don't like the wind of change in politics, why don't you find a place with a different kind of... er... "grassroot" movements? I dunno... Russia maybe?

Honest question!

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421

You’re full of sht. It was a dick statement meant to be a dick statement, just like your attempted disparaging psychoanalysis of me in this post. Just be honest and engage in honest debate, don’t be a smug dick slinging sideways insults and acting innocent. And when you do, at least own it and don’t play the victim. My prepubescent kid has more balls and honesty.

Whatever you want to think.

You will anyway.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I think that if we’re lucky, one day, maybe honesty and integrity will find you. Until then, anytime you feel the need to reply to an honest question or post of mine with snarky sarcasm or attacks against my intelligence or sense of self worth...... resist that impulse. You’re not welcome.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

But all the freebies we're getting here!

It's like racing on a track with a f***ing bicycle and those amateurs crash their astounding vehicle's of freedumb and poogress in the first corner.

*waves*

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join