It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Boring UFO Ever

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Looks suspiciously like a silver metallic type ufo orb

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: schuyler

On the other hand, what are we supposed to do with it? Here it is. A real photo of an alien probe. Historic, really. And all we can do is file it away under "balloon."

How do you know it is an "alien probe"?

That
was
the
point
we
don't
know
either
way.

I gotta stop posting stuff to this board. Really.

What?
so we arent allowed to question it?
lets ask you something
even if you could prove without doubt that this isnt photoshop or a balloon or what have you

what does it proove? nothing, its just a random blue ball shaped object

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I think it looks like an out of focus golfball. I prefer a personal account over a nondescript picture. There is just no information to go off of in this picture to make a valid guess to what it is. We have no scale.

I understand people’s personal accounts can also be flawed but one can string together a series of related events and find a pattern.

But of course I have never seen an orb of any kind so I am possibly looking at this with the wrong set of eyes.
edit on 24-2-2020 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: PandaPrincess
what does it proove? nothing, its just a random blue ball shaped object

Ooh, you almost got it.

Yes, it doesn't prove anything. As far as anyone knows it's just a balloon -- despite what the witness said about it moving strangely enough for him to want to photograph it. But we just throw that out because it's just a story, right? Not worth anything. The thing itself is boring. It's just a dull sphere, and we like our flashy saucers or triangles or something that has some real zip to it.

And yet... it has as much chance of being an honest-to-goodness alien probe as anything. Maybe more, exactly because it isn't flashy. It's low-key and easy to dismiss. And spheres are very efficient shapes, something an advanced intelligence would likely know and utilize.

It could be all of that stuff. But, into the trash it goes! An actual alien probe. Ignored because it wasn't flashy enough for us. We're ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I actually think this is the better picture.

Are there any other description of events beside the one posted on this website?

“Object was very high altitude heading north. it stoped and made circle and proceed west. it then stayed stationary for 5 min before accelerating at extraordinary speeds in ne heading.”
edit on 24-2-2020 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
all of that discript and one photo screams cgi .
really so the dude is watching it do all this and takes just one still photo from a phone with a camera .
come on dude I understand you want aliens to be real but this is not a Disney movie .
ONE count them one photo and dude saying it stayed still for FIVE mints .
I do belive i would have gotten 100 photos in five mints I do believ any ONE who is thinking OMG UFO get photo would just start clicking like mad .

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

People frequently complain about how UFOs never seem to be photographed nice and clear. Well, here's a photo of a UFO that was posted to MUFON the other day that's about as clear as you could ask for. Taken last June in Thousand Oaks, California.

Oh, well, you say, that's obviously a balloon. Which is unfortunate, because what are we supposed to do with spherical UFOs that look like this? Is it just a balloon? Our prejudices get in the way. Too bad.

ufostalker.com...

On the other hand, what are we supposed to do with it? Here it is. A real photo of an alien probe. Historic, really. And all we can do is file it away under "balloon."

If it were a balloon, you should be able to see the inflation flap and what ever is tying it off, because that part always points towards the ground.

Also, most balloons are not perfect spheres, they are more pear shaped because one end is scratched to tie it off.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I happened to see this and am the person who witnessed and photographed the object. I shot this with a Sony A6500 G lens 400mm fully zoomed in to the object. Being that the camera is a cropped sensor the 400mm is more close to 600mm in total zoom. I then cropped into image to see the detail; sorry folks no CG no smoke and mirrors.

As far as sighting story; my wife and I both saw it while in the pool. The sky was very clear without any clouds. I am a FAA licensed pilot, typically travel 100k miles a year around the globe and have a great understanding of aircraft. What I saw was this object travel at standstill at very high altitude, if was to guess I would say 40 to 60k AGL hard to gauge without any clouds for point of reference. After ran in house and getting camera and snapping shot it took of at a very high rate of speed and then it returned to just disappear again in a flash. Call it boring, I kind of agree it’s not like something from a Sci-fi movie but it was real and not a weather ballon or any other type of ballon that I know of, I have seen my fair share of high altitude balloons and they are typically transparent in appearance and have some tail, not a perfect symmetric ball. Balloons also do not travel at
at high speed. I knock myself for not shooting 4K video but the opportunity was short and I figured going for a super clear image may be better at the moment I had my lens pointed at it.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MAC767

Is not a balloon as the ones you state you are used to watch, yet it is not an UFO either or, to be exact, it is not an UFO for some of us.

That pic is HAVn, where the n is usually a 6-digit number. They are devices used as radar target proxies for radar testing and validation. They are also used routinely, with varying diameters, for test purposes in the development of the LEMV (Long Endurance Multi-Intelligence Vehicle).

There are also other spherical beasts out there consisting of perfectly conducting black spheres, all of them used to test radar designs by RCS engineers.

It is not boring, though it is not alien at all.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 01:42 AM
link   
When I was in Cancun on my honeymoon I took a picture of the beach. One of these showed up in the picture about 100yards out above the water. It looked just like that and of course we didn’t see it when we took the picture.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Why do you keep saying alien probe if you dont know what it is? Why not just say its a sphere moving in the sky and we dont know what it is....honestly youre saying alien probe because thats what you believe so you automatically go into ufo cases with a bias. This is fundamentally the problem with the believer community. They THINK they have the answer which is objectively, just not true.

Maybe check yourself before casting stones in your OP or you can just leave if youre afraid of actual discussion. Have a nice day

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MAC767As far as sighting story; my wife and I both saw it while in the pool. The sky was very clear without any clouds. I am a FAA licensed pilot, typically travel 100k miles a year around the globe and have a great understanding of aircraft.

Thanks for posting your encounter on here MAC767
sounds like an awesome experience and the more pilot reports on here the better it gets

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: gnarkill1529

Why do you keep saying alien probe if you dont know what it is?

You're just not getting it. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This?

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 11:01 PM
link   

No I'm getting it...youre another true believer like ufoorbhunterballsdeep_69....please if youre not going to think critically just leave...if youre afraid of discussion, just leave. We dont know what UAP's are so it IS NOT any kind of probe alien or not....im going to make this simple..

WE DONT KNOW WHAT UAP'S ARE
edit on 1-7-2021 by gnarkill1529 because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I actually think this is the better picture.

Are there any other description of events beside the one posted on this website?

“Object was very high altitude heading north. it stoped and made circle and proceed west. it then stayed stationary for 5 min before accelerating at extraordinary speeds in ne heading.”

This is exactly what I saw many years ago here in Finland exept that there were two of these objects and they slowly vanished into the clouds.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Prowler77Here is my little addition...

This image is entirely CGI. I MADE this in about 45 minutes using Poser 11 Pro. The most difficult part was lighting. Other than that, this scene consists of a sphere and a "sky dome"...the sky texture probably came from a photograph somewhere.

I really wish folks would stop posting these kinds of image. a sphere in the sky isn't anything that can be proven with an image, since I can MAKE that image in just minutes. The same goes for "lights in the sky".

posted on Jul, 8 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'm not sure it's a balloon. Why?

1) Balloons are essentially masses of buoyant gasses in a flexible container. They are generally NOT symmetrical or spherical. This is because the gas biases upward due to buoyancy and makes the balloon larger at the top than the bottom, making them somewhat teardrop shaped. If the balloon is inflated to very high relative pressure, it can appear more-or-less spherical, but then as it rises it will likely experience an overpressure failure (it pops), then it's *really* not spherical.

2) Balloons generally have seams or inlets for gas on them, and non are visible in that picture. I have never seen a balloon that is a single piece and perfectly smooth, as that one appears to be. Such may exist, but I'd contend that construction would be pretty rare.

I'm *not* saying this is not a balloon. I'm saying that keeping an open mind and running through some thoughtful analysis more than "yo it's a balloon brah" is the only way we can learn anything.

posted on Jul, 8 2021 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I totally understand what you’re saying. Thank you for posting.

I saw a similar object above LA floating towards LAX. I have my suspicion what it is.

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CyberBuddha

I totally understand what you’re saying. Thank you for posting.

I saw a similar object above LA floating towards LAX. I have my suspicion what it is.

There certainly are a lot of balloons flying around. I remember walking at lunch one day and seeing a white sphere go over my head at low altitude from north to south at a pretty good clip. No obvious string or payload, which I easily see on party balloons all the time. There are several large close airports in the area, and I thought it was reasonable to assume the thing I saw was a fairly standard weather balloon, and so I basically forgot about it. It's not like I could easily find out anything more about it. Could it be "aliens" hiding in plain sight?

The vast UFO investigations follow a fairly standard interest curve, which interestingly is very similar to the curve you get when you plot how someone becomes addicted to something. Rapid rise in interest followed by a fairly sharp drop-off. Then you start looking for the next cool UFO thing. Just like snorting coke.

edit on 9-7-2021 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join