It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump unveils Middle East peace plan with two-state solution, tunnel connecting West Bank and Gaza

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The fact that it's in there in the first place indicates that Israel is not genuinely interested in peace in the first place.

No genuine peace agreement is going to give one party the right to legally take land from the other party.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Another troublesome aspect is that it only halts Israeli settlement construction for four years.

Ah , I missed that.
I'm sure that seems fair given the Palestinians will have their own state , I wonder if international law would apply to one Nation stealing land from its neighbor.

Absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I am so curious to see how they carved up the new map...

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

These sound like great ideas but shouldn't Trump sort out his own country?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
Dems say, "DERP, PEACE BAD. ORANGE MAN BAD DERP"

he must be impeached for this

he is attempting to influence the 2020 election. impeach

No, you posted that.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Can't say I have much hope for the plan. But it seems like a nice try.

That's where I'm at. At first glanse it looks like it makes attempts to address each of the two state solution.... So kudos on making what appears to be an honest attempt.

But you can lead a horse to water and all that.

I'll give every president props for honest attempts for diplomacy in the region. I won't hold it against them if it doesn't work though. Some things just don't change.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I don't think peace is futile. Tough.. yes. Israel will have to do their part as well and discontinue their bad practices. Both sides have a lot of hate. However, you can't put everything on the Palestinians as Israel has done a lot to fuel the flames as well.

Props to Trump for trying and i hope he can work with Israel to treat Palestinians better. Only will work if both sides forgive each other.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Only problem is Hamas and the Palestinian Authority will only agree with complete dissolvement of the state of Israel

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This isn't a "real" plan. This will piss off the Palestinians and give the far right in Israel and here in the US (Evangelicals, etc.) a bone to play with. It's obfuscation from the impeached IMPOTUS and the indicted Netanyahu. They're trying to prop each other up and show what a "good" guy Trump is. They play us for fools.

reply to: OccamsRazor04

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

yeah!!
how dare he!!!

try to make peace????

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I looked all over, and I can't find any country called Palestine in 1917. Can you give me some more information on it?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: cfnyaami

And what needs to be added to this to make it a real plan?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Israel was attacked from day 1. I imagine I would have some hard feelings towards people trying to wipe me out for over 100 years too. Right now they are at the table, and are the only ones at the table.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

He did. The US has an amazing economy, for the first time the bottom 40% are seeing the biggest gains.

Or are you claiming until everything is perfect in America with a rainbow over every house no President should try to help this situation?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I would like to know when Palestine as a state ever existed?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

With that attitude there will be no peace.. How is Israeli snipers shooting unarmed protestors justified because of a 100 year beef?

Seriously..

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The fact that it's in there in the first place indicates that Israel is not genuinely interested in peace in the first place.

No genuine peace agreement is going to give one party the right to legally take land from the other party.

You are making stuff up, nowhere in the agreement gives Israel that right. You are looking for things to create problems where no problem exists. If after 4 years Palestinians refuse the deal Israel will go back to doing what it's doing. As a sign they ARE serious, they are stopping.

Please show me where Israel is saying after 4 years they will begin taking land within Palestinian borders.

link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: blueman12

Israel was attacked from day 1. I imagine I would have some hard feelings towards people trying to wipe me out for over 100 years too. Right now they are at the table, and are the only ones at the table.

Too right
and this is the arabs last chance to do a deal as Israeli leaders are planning to annex Judea and Samaria in a few months if an agreement is not resolved. With Trump in charge they'll be given the green light to annex so this is the arabs last chance to throw away some form of independence

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

With that attitude there will be no peace.. How is Israeli snipers shooting unarmed protestors justified because of a 100 year beef?

Seriously..

I imagine it's because of the continuous violent protesters and terrorist attacks. If you were constantly attacked you would be trained to look for attacks too, and you might think someone unarmed was armed and trying to attack you. It happens everywhere in the world.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
I would like to know when Palestine as a state ever existed?

Someone posted a map that showed them having a State since 1917, but I can't find any information on any such state. I asked them for more information, waiting for a response still.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join