It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Verichip - New downloadable book points to the dangers of accepting subdermal chip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
A new book written by corporate author speaker Pat Necerato, purports to expose the truth about the implantable RFID known as Verichip.

The book, a 109 page report downloadable from www.theverichip.com..., includes insider information about how the chip will quickly make its appearance as much more than just a vehicle for storing medical information. The book takes a look at how the government, the media, and even the manufacturer of the device may be holding back critical information that could jeopardize people's safety and security.

The report is available in PDF format, and an email address is requested. Should you prefer not to use the email option, you can download it directly Here.

The book is full of interesting and astounding facts about Verichip and its possible use in the future, including medical, security and financial issues.

The Verichip is the world's first impantable radio frequency identification (RFID) microchip for human use.

The Verichip is about the size of a grain of rice and each Verichip contains a unique verification number, which can be used to access a subscriber-supplied database over the internet providing the implanted person's information regardless of where they are or what they are doing.
And unlike typical forms of indentifaction, the Verichip cannot be lost, stolen, misplaced or counterfeited.
Once implanted just under the skin ... the Verichip can be scanned when necessary with a proprietary Verichip scanner ...
The Verichip itself contains no medical records, just codes that can be scanned and revealed in a doctor's hospital. With that code, health providers can unlock part of a secure database that holds that person's medical information including allergies and previous treatments. The electronic database, not the chip, would be updated with each medical visit.

Sounds fair enough, doesn't it ? If you end up taken to hospital the doctors will know your blood type instantly, if you are allegic to certain antibiotics, what medicines you are taking etc. But do you really think that the only thing it will be used for is to keep medical records ? Of course not. And that is the problem.

It seems as though Applied Digital Solutions is also pushing use of the chip for emergency and security applications to "enhance present forms of ID"

The Mark of the Beast ?

Because the Verichip is invisible, its also unclear how health care workers would know which unconscious patients to scan. Company officials say that if the chip's use becomes routine, scanning people's arms for hidden chips would become second nature at hospitals.

Of course the alternative is to include a small 'Tattoo' above the implantation site which would tell the relevant authorities that a chip has been implanted and where it is to be located. Could this be the infamous 'Mark of the Beast' ?

The book continues:

Is the Verichip designed for cash and credit transactions? Will we be unable to buy and sell without the verichip in the near future ?
Yes, its possible. The verichip is defigned using subdermal RFID technology for cash and credit transactions.
The idea is that a consumer is simply a number, this makes it easier for us to spend our money from place to place without too much hindrance ...
Is it true that a Veripay program exists to eventually replace credit cards and cash ?
Yes, Veripay is intended to be a secure, subdermal RFID payment technology for cash and credit transactions.

Whether or not people believe in the 'Mark of the Beast', it is safe to say that the chip has implications far beyond the benign medical applications it is advertised as having being designed for. It can be used to track its host using the GPS system giving the Government the power to watch everyone wherever they are. In fact ACLU is particularly concerned with abuse of the chip, stating that it would be easy for the Government to sweep up the identities of everyone at political meetings or protest marches.

To anyone interested in this new technology and its possible dangers, may I suggest you download the report and make up your own minds.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The whole thing sounds scary. You know I never thought of the verichip this way before. Espically the part about having to make a mark on your skin to show where the chip was located. Makes sense.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
i support the chip BUT...

i support the chip because the hospitals could use this technology to help people in a positive way...

i also support it because it can track missing children (based on a history channel show)...

BUT...

the CORRUPT government of the US will use this technology to use it as "big brother"...

i support the chip BUT i wouldn't take it...

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I have no problem with the verichip, I'll just get a scrambler accesorie, to stop the gov. from knowing my position, I dont care if the gov. knows where I am though, Its not like I do bad things.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Thanks a lot for posting this! I did a fair amount of research into the Verichip awhile back, after a buddy of mine told me about it. As soon as I saw this post, I went and downloaded the book. This must be fairly new, or else I would have probably found it in my research, which was nearly a year ago.

top topics

join