It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK vs. US...Lets Get Ready to Rumble!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Thing is...she could have gotten off extremely lightly by saying sorry and blaming it on lack of training from the USAF. The State dept would have ponied up some Benjamin's for the bereaved family and it would have been all square.

Now...Well who knows.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

All i ken is nobody should be above the law of the land, royal or Diplomats Mrs.

Just goes to show one rule for some and another for the rest.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
As far as i understand it, Andrew has not actually been accused of any crime so there is no reason for him not to co-operate - it is simply to learn what he knew of Epstein's activities.

However, he is a serving Royal (although now mostly stood down!) so i can understand the reluctance to travel to America to be interrogated. Look at it this way, would America expect the President or Vice President (or other senior role) to go to the UK to be interviewed? No they wouldn't - but they probably wouldn't object to our cops coming over to interview.

So why can't the FBI get off their arses and go interview Andrew in London?

I certainly wouldn't conflate this issue with the Harry Dunn case though, they are very different.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This bozo should be sent back to stand for the charges

I haven't followed the case, have charges been made? When the buzz first went up around the case they wanted her sent back to talk, no charges were made yet.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Personally, I think diplomatic immunity is horse @#$^, particularly as its extended to family members.

When in Rome, and all that...the American woman needs to face justice...period.

I dont get monarchy, I dont believe in "special people" and fully support the revolutions through history against tyranny/monarchs. Apparently the Brittish people are fine with this dbag not having to face the scrutiny of a thorough investigation.
edit on 28-1-2020 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Iā€™m sure the FBI has a contingent at the US Embassy in London. In Tom Clancy novels they were referred to as the men down the hall.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
But they are being conflated in the press....rightly or wrongly. You are correct as far as one has committed a crime and Andy is a witness. However, he could become an accessory or even be accused of something depending how the questioning goes. I doubt his lawyers will allow him to be questioned wihout producing probable cause.

a reply to: Flavian

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
They do but they do a lot of security clearance investigations. Pretty sure they would need a team already involved in the case.

a reply to: Nickn3

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Maybe the SAS could 'extraordinarily rendite' the lady in question, and drop Prince Andrew off on a rock along the way?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
I haven't followed the case, have charges been made? When the buzz first went up around the case they wanted her sent back to talk, no charges were made yet.

Not sure, but when you're driving on the wrong side of the road and kill someone there are typically charges of some kind.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Not sure, but when you're driving on the wrong side of the road and kill someone there are typically charges of some kind.

Once someone has been charged there are strict rules regarding further questions. So she wouldn't be charged until she is interviewed and a decision made if charges are appropriate.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Pending. I'm sure. Which is why she doesn't want to talk.

edit on 28-1-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: šŸ‘ā¤šŸ•

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Pending. I'm sure. Which is why she doesn't want to talk.

If true driving on wrong side would almost certainly be some charge, more just a matter of how serious.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
She has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving.
Looks like the UK lawyers are looking at trying her in abstentia and getting interpol involved. No more foreign holidays for Sooks.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
When I was active duty it semed this happened once a year. It was mostly single car accidents but i remember someone pulling off base right smack into a lorry....it didnt turn out well.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
She has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving.
Looks like the UK lawyers are looking at trying her in abstentia and getting interpol involved. No more foreign holidays for Sooks.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I stand corrected she has been charged.

I assume they must be confident enough of the evidence as stands.

Either that or is only way to try and force the US hand.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
When I was active duty it semed this happened once a year. It was mostly single car accidents but i remember someone pulling off base right smack into a lorry....it didnt turn out well.

Is quite an easy mistake to make particularly when pulling out a junction. Unfortunately in this case it had serious consequences.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Pretty sure the motorcycle sized dent in the bonnet gave it away.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Like I said...I have done it. Pulled an 18 hour shift and drive 40 miles home....worse than drink driving. I got lucky was all.

Thing is...i have done it in the states.....was a pants pooper moment.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake one rule for some and another for the rest.

quite so, as it always has been.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join