It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy video of a guy claiming to have photos from his grandpa from 1940s catching a ufo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: sprockets2000

FAKE . A Bowl and Dish put together to Resemble a UFO ..........

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   

When I read the title of your thread my first thought was ...Wow...must have been a quick catch. When I opened up the thread and saw the picture I realized what you were talking about.

But that brought me onto an other thought... who says ufos are the size from a few fighterplane carriers to one man size disks..?

Maybe there are ufoos the size of butterflies or even crazier...the size of a pinhead.

edit on 30/1/2020 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucky109
a reply to: Blaine91555 You talk as if it can only be a cloud or a UFO. There is not enough evidence to prove what it is. You cannot prove it is a cloud. That is just your opinion. Your opinion is not fact. Also, do not try to frame everyone that believes it is not a cloud as people believing it is a UFO. That's a ridiculous misrepresentation and you know it.

I can prove it to me since I've seen clouds very much like that myself. I know what it is as do many people.

I'm surprised so few people seem to know what those clouds are.

One with nice sharp edges. Google lenticular clouds. The evidence is the photo of what is obviously lenticular clouds.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Looks like a spline that's been lathed in Cinema 4d and then dropped into Analog Efex or something of the like.

Or a cloud...

edit on 30-1-2020 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

a reply to: mtnshredder So if it's a cloud please explain the odd features of this cloud. Why does this object appear to be reflective? Why is there an oddly colored ring in the center that doesn't appear to be caused by shadows? Why is the object symmetrical? Why are there such sharp edges that do not appear like the edges of clouds?

Why does this object appear to be reflective?

Clouds reflect light.

Why is there an oddly colored ring in the center that doesn't appear to be caused by shadows?

The left and right bottom edge of center ring is a shadow, same as the bottom of the cloud. You see a little bit of same on the second to bottom ring.

Why is the object symmetrical?

It's not, it's very obvious that it's asymmetrical.

Why are there such sharp edges that do not appear like the edges of clouds?

It's just a well defined lenticular cloud. Could have something to do with photo quality,IDK. Some of the other examples of lenticular clouds have the same definitive lines as the pics in question as do other types of clouds.

You never answered what you thought it was. What is it?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

a reply to: Blaine91555 You talk as if it can only be a cloud or a UFO. There is not enough evidence to prove what it is. You cannot prove it is a cloud. That is just your opinion. Your opinion is not fact. Also, do not try to frame everyone that believes it is not a cloud as people believing it is a UFO. That's a ridiculous misrepresentation and you know it.

I can prove it to me since I've seen clouds very much like that myself. I know what it is as do many people.

One with nice sharp edges. Google lenticular clouds. The evidence is the photo of what is obviously lenticular clouds.

That's a killer pic.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
What an incredible picture? magine seeing that in real life.

originally posted by: Blaine91555

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Scanning above 600 dpi is pointless for something like this, increasing dpi to a ridiculous level will not bring out more detail than is actually present on the negative. The physical size of the image depends upon pixels per inch for a screen. The neg can be scanned and printed out large but what would be the point in that, it would only lose detail. I think Brownie cams used a 120 or something similar...I had one but cannot remember exactly.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

That was my thoughts

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join