It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alan Dershowitz says Trump Impeachment Invalid Requires Criminal-like Conduct

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Law professor Alan Dershowitz is part of the Trump Defense Team and he took his turn Monday addressing the Senate.

He made a whopping case for the Impeachment by the House as generally invalid !!!! 😆

He emphasized some statements by Congresswoman Maxine Waters as unConstitutional !!! 😎

Almost like the House Democrats think they themselves are above the law !! 😁

Dershowitz: Trump Impeachment Invalid; Requires ‘Criminal-like Conduct’

Constitutional scholar and criminal defense lawyer Alan Dershowitz rose to the defense of President Donald Trump at his Senate impeachment trial on Monday evening, arguing that the conduct with which Trump had been charged was outside what the Framers of the Constitution had considered to be impeachable offenses.

Dershowitz drew upon the successful 1868 arguments by former Supreme Court Justice Benjamin Curtis, who had dissented from the infamous Dred Scott decision and resigned from the Court in protest, and who later defended President Andrew Johnson in his impeachment trial, the first ever of any U.S. president.

Impeachment, Dershowitz argued, required “criminal-like conduct akin to treason and bribery.” He stressed: “This is the key point in this impeachment case … purely non-criminal conduct including ‘abuse of power’ and ‘obstruction of Congress’ [the charges against Trump] are outside the range of impeachable offenses.”

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Looks like the Democratic party part of the impeachment process is going well.

For our President.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

For our President.

We can only imagine how Schiff & Company feel now that they have to stay seated and shut up while the Trump Defense rips them a new one !! 😀

Their press conferences are getting real desperate since Saturday 😀

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I thought he said the opposite...

Money's a hell of a drug.

Looks like this case is done with.

Please keep these threads going. From day dot, the inverse of all your threads come to fruition 😅

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Please keep these threads going. From day dot, the inverse of all your threads come to fruition 😅

Quoted for irony.

And I will place mark this particular post for fun...

And quote it for clueless later on.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

For our President.

I like Ice Cream Socials and County Fairs; I also like a good old fashioned Ass Kicking.
edit on 27-1-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Quoted for irony.

This is your rebuttal to every thing. Which makes no sense...
Makes it even better.

😂

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Patrick Philbin argued constitutional points too. On the subpoenas which are the basis of the obstruction of justice .

He argued that they barred the Presidents counsel from attending depositions . (6th) due process (5th & 14th)

But here’s the kicker . For charging Trump without the court decision he used the separation of powers . ( article 1) then brought up Nixon versus the US as caselaw . (Slack jawed)

I never thought Nixon could be argued as a pro .

Both of them are setting these issues up nicely.

Now I wish I would’ve watched more .

Good times !
edit on 27-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

So, Trump's defense is that he did something bad, just not really, really bad.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

So, Trump's defense is that he did something bad, just not really, really bad.

No.

Dershowitz’s defense is the articles presented are not valid for a constitutional impeachment.
Since that is what the senate is voting on nothing else matters.

It was a masterful presentation. If you did not watch it you should, he backed up why abuse of power is a ridiculously broad charge that the founders were very much against, and how similar charges have been rejected many times previously.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Quoted for irony.

This is your rebuttal to every thing. Which makes no sense...
Makes it even better.

😂

It obviously isn't my rebuttal to everything... it is just my answer to posts that don't really need any of my time to answer because they are stupid so I just point that out.

Trump right now here in this reality or any alternative reality will be not be removed from office.

It's just simple math.

He also has about a 99% chance of being reelected... barring a financial collapse.

I spent time with you now.

So I will go shower the ick off and you can feel happy.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

If you think that's his defense, you aren't paying attention.
Do yourself a favor and watch the defense's presentation.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Funny how Dershowitz had the exact opposite opinion when it came to Clinton's impeachment

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

If you repeat an opinion enough times it becomes truth.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

You finally got something right.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Law professor Alan Dershowitz is part of the Trump Defense Team and he took his turn Monday addressing the Senate.

He made a whopping case for the Impeachment by the House as generally invalid !!!! 😆

He emphasized some statements by Congresswoman Maxine Waters as unConstitutional !!! 😎

Almost like the House Democrats think they themselves are above the law !! 😁

Dershowitz: Trump Impeachment Invalid; Requires ‘Criminal-like Conduct’

Constitutional scholar and criminal defense lawyer Alan Dershowitz rose to the defense of President Donald Trump at his Senate impeachment trial on Monday evening, arguing that the conduct with which Trump had been charged was outside what the Framers of the Constitution had considered to be impeachable offenses.

Dershowitz drew upon the successful 1868 arguments by former Supreme Court Justice Benjamin Curtis, who had dissented from the infamous Dred Scott decision and resigned from the Court in protest, and who later defended President Andrew Johnson in his impeachment trial, the first ever of any U.S. president.

Impeachment, Dershowitz argued, required “criminal-like conduct akin to treason and bribery.” He stressed: “This is the key point in this impeachment case … purely non-criminal conduct including ‘abuse of power’ and ‘obstruction of Congress’ [the charges against Trump] are outside the range of impeachable offenses.”

I have tended to have very mixed feelings listening to Dershowitz on a variety of legal issues over the years.

I'd usually be impressed with his scholarship and logic whether I always agreed with his conclusions, or not.

It was impressive to me, that he has stood tall here in behalf of THE CONSTITUTION & thereby more or less incidentally in behalf of POTUS TRUMP. I think that is exactly the right priority. THE CONSTITUTION will either continue as our foundational substrate supporting our values, Republic, rule of law & way of life--or--we will allow the Marxist globalist oligarchy to shred it with their relentless attacks of every kind from every direction.

Thankfully, Dershowitz made an impressive call to support the CONSTITUTION at all costs & regardless of emotions, partisanship, biases, propaganda or whatever.

His arguments are extremely solid. His logic is iron clad. His conclusions are unavoidable.

It was all the richer that he's a liberal who voted for HRC. Thankfully, in high contrast to so many DIMS, Dershowitz is very capable of objective analysis, logic & rational conclusions.

I hope and pray he informs the public frequently. He is worth listening to.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

AS you are likely aware, this has been a

MAJOR PART OF THE DIM'S PLAYBOOK, STRATEGIES FOR MANY DECADES--AT LEAST 75-100 YEARS.

George Soros paying for a lot of such was likely a great buddy of Goebbels. Certainly he was in sympathy with Goebbels strategies & goals.

How treasonously hideous.
edit on 2712020 by JoseGarcia because: addendum

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Saying that from personal experience I see.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
Funny how Dershowitz had the exact opposite opinion when it came to Clinton's impeachment

He explains that in his testimony, with his reasoning.

He also explains no one bothers to poke holes in his arguments, they do what you are doing, they deflect or call him names, or don’t even read them.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
originally posted by: JoseGarcia

JoseGarcia:George Soros paying for a lot of such was likely a great buddy of Goebbels. Certainly he was in sympathy with Goebbels strategies & goals. How treasonously hideous.

I confess to not knowing that association; I do wonder why he has to puppeteer the machinations of the Democratic Party instead of just getting out there and running himself. Is he so vulgar or repulsive (unlikable/un-electable)? It is interesting how the Democratic Party has acquiesced to the idea of "the buying of an office IS A-OK".
edit on 27-1-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join