It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So How Are We Feeling About OPEN BORDERS After Wuhan Corona Virus?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
With the new Corona Virus, China is on the verge of a virtual world quarantine with 5 million from Wuhan leaving before their lockdown of 15 major cities.

Progressives and Globalists champion a 'World Without Borders', and yet, imagine the impact of a deadly pandemic, such as this (or worse) on such a world.

MY feelings...
President Trump is right (again) about our borders defining and protecting us as a nation. Borders need to be enforced and reinforced for the safety and integrity of every nation and it's citizens.

Talk about knee-jerk reaction. Coronavirus or any other infectious disease will spread through legal ports. Our first case is looking to be from a Canadian that traveled to China to visit family.

But go ahead and build a wall. It won't do a damn thing against pandemics

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
a reply to: IAMTAT

What the hell does an epidemic from China have to do with this?

President Trump is right (again) about our borders defining and protecting us as a nation. Borders need to be enforced and reinforced for the safety and integrity of every nation and it's citizens.

You're right in a sense though, harmful diseases such as xenophobia and ignorance should be quarantined for the sake of the rest of the world

Trump sucks so much as president that his minions constantly need to praise him, even on matters that have nothing to do with Trump or his politics.
Europe has "open" borders acording to many here on ATS so we should all already be infected, but we aren't.
Trumpster logic 1 on 1

And the loony left chimes in with more nonsense. Does it surprise anyone?

Trumps haters hate him so much they have to criticise him, even on matters that have nothing to do with Trump or his politics.

Your open borders are your problem. Just because you made that mistake doesn't mean we have to as well. Your argument is straw man. No one said that we should already be infected. What we collectively said was that having open borders does nothing to help the situation and can only make it worse.

So tell me, how are your open European borders going to help protect you? Can you honestly say that having a controlled border would not help in a situation where foreign nationals or international travellers are the method of transmission? Which would you prefer, an unknown number of unknown people with unknown health status roaming freely among your population, or, a known list of people you at least have a chance to track in the event of disease?

Logic - its not for everyone...

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
What a hilariously stupid thread.

Yea.. let's cut off ALL tourism, business, students.. MAGA BABY!

All the cases of the virus not in China I sort of think has nothing to do with immigration. But students, business, tourism, and so on. Which I assume even the Trump administration still wants, since they have not yet cut off flights from China.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I'm not sure how we could prevent the spread of diseases without completely shutting down all forms of interstate travel.

If a truly dangerous pandemic breaks, there's not really anything you can do to stop it's spread.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Excellent talking points and we will hear the unhinged left stutter an unintelligible response as is customary when confronted with facts.

On another note...if you haven't read the book, "Caffa" by Charles Fadis....I would highly recommend it.

But be warned it is the most frighteningly realistic version of the next "world war". A mate of mine who works at a particular company said this book is what he and his colleagues talk about as a legitimate threat.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Excellent talking points and we will hear the unhinged left stutter an unintelligible response as is customary when confronted with facts.

The entire thread premise is pointless. Do you really hate foreigners -that- much, that all tourism, students, business, family visits, weddings, foreign bands, on and on and on.. should be cut off from ever entering our country? Because you DO realize that a virus is not a major concern for immigration into this country.. right?

People want to control illegal immigration. Great. All for it, there are plenty of foreigners who worked hard to be here legally. As should be the case - it can be seriously difficult to live in many other countries in the world without going through the same pains.

But a virus has nothing to do with that topic. Lack of illegal immigration would not curtail this sort of thing - ever. So this thread is.. stupid. "Omg there is a virus out there how do you feel about immigration now HUH?!"

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

anyone or thing entering the U S should be put in quarantine 14 days before being allowed in coming from china.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Doesn't matter. Apparently, it's contagious before any symptoms show, so it is always too late when you are closing the barn doors after the horses are gone. People always find a way around borders, which is why smuggling never stops.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

With a pandemic though, travel alone such as business can spread.

I'm not for open immigration, but I am for our citizens and their business associates foreign or domestic to continue to do work... Even if I don't like it being with countries that I'd rather not do business with.
This isn’t about liking China or even working there. It’s about stopping people in a quarantined epicenter from entering our country until the epidemic is under control. It has been said on the news that China didn’t get it under control early enough, and they also kept it quiet for months.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

The entire thread premise is pointless. Do you really hate foreigners -that- much, that all tourism, students, business, family visits, weddings, foreign bands, on and on and on.. should be cut off from ever entering our country? Because you DO realize that a virus is not a major concern for immigration into this country.. right?
I don’t that anyone here hates foreigners, bands, students, etc. This should be an International quarantine at least till the epidemic is under control.
The OP is pointing out the obvious... that if Progressives care about national security they should be concerned about illegal immigration as well as infected people entering,

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: Flavian

anyone or thing entering the U S should be put in quarantine 14 days before being allowed in coming from china.

Why?

To prevent the spread of a virus that's already everywhere?

Ridiculous and way too late.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

I don’t that anyone here hates foreigners, bands, students, etc. This should be an International quarantine at least till the epidemic is under control.
The OP is pointing out the obvious... that if Progressives care about national security they should be concerned about illegal immigration as well as infected people entering,

Quarantines must be done very early Before it spreads.

It's too late.

You cannot prevent it's spread when it's everywhere already!

How do y'all not get this?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

People want to control illegal immigration. Great. All for it, there are plenty of foreigners who worked hard to be here legally. As should be the case - it can be seriously difficult to live in many other countries in the world without going through the same pains.

But a virus has nothing to do with that topic. Lack of illegal immigration would not curtail this sort of thing - ever. So this thread is.. stupid. "Omg there is a virus out there how do you feel about immigration now HUH?!"

Your response is more pointless than this thread will ever be.

What we collectively said was that having open borders does nothing to help the situation and can only make it worse.

So tell me, how are open borders going to help protect us? Can you honestly say that having a controlled border would not help in a situation where foreign nationals or international travellers are the method of transmission? Which would you prefer, an unknown number of unknown people with unknown health status roaming freely among your population, or, a known list of people you at least have a chance to track in the event of disease?

The only thing stopping this virus outbreak from becoming a major threat in this country is that we can track the suspected carriers and everyone they came in close contact with - because we know who they are. To say having secure borders will not change anything is about as stupid a thing as I have ever heard. It may not stop the virus in its tracks but at least it gives us a chance to track it and minimise the damage.

You DO realise that illegal immigrants have already caused multiple cases of tuberculosis, measles, mumps, whooping cough, scabies, and have reintroduced polio to this nation. Many of these people have received few, if any, vaccinations. How can you possibly think letting them roam free with no way of tracking them is not a bad idea amidst a potential epidemic?

They brought polio back to this country FFS. How bad does it have to get before you get off your stupid liberal soap box and stfu?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Quarantines must be done very early Before it spreads.

It's too late.

You cannot prevent it's spread when it's everywhere already!

How do y'all not get this?

Its not everywhere. There are five cases in the US. What would you have us do, throw open the borders and ignore it all? At least we can try to stop it from getting worse. One of the main reasons its not worse than it is now is because we can track the potential carriers and the people they had contact with.

You said it yourself - quarantines must be done very early before it spreads. Five US infections IS early and we are trying to control it but some brain dead liberals keep getting in the way...

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   
This thread is offensive to anti - wall groups ! I want it removed

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Thought you were smarter than this.

Guess what, you could have a 100% impenetrable border, and you’d still get things like the coronavirus coming through, because it’s being brought in by American citizens who have recently visited China.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join