It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So How Are We Feeling About OPEN BORDERS After Wuhan Corona Virus?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
"originally posted by: LordAhriman
What concerns me is the number of Americans who can't take off work, or afford to see a doctor if they get it. That's how you turn a small number of infected people into a pandemic. Fix our medical system."

Rather pointless comment since the virus doesn't show any initial symptoms.

And - the millions of people like me who don't go to a doctor, let alone hospital, because they get a sniffle (or even a bad cold or even the flu).

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

What ship?

Are you also saying that you think this flu will be a big deal and kill tons of people?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
With the new Corona Virus, China is on the verge of a virtual world quarantine with 5 million from Wuhan leaving before their lockdown of 15 major cities.

Progressives and Globalists champion a 'World Without Borders', and yet, imagine the impact of a deadly pandemic, such as this (or worse) on such a world.

MY feelings...
President Trump is right (again) about our borders defining and protecting us as a nation. Borders need to be enforced and reinforced for the safety and integrity of every nation and it's citizens.

FYI: Nancy Pelosi is unhappy and disappointed that so few Americans are dying from imported viruses, and terrorism.

She and her Democrats in the U.S. House will soon vote to remove the "Travel to USA" restrictions.

Source: www.nationalreview.com...

These people are SICK!

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

originally posted by: openminded2011
a reply to: IAMTAT

This is the REASON a country has to have borders. You have to have controls over who enters for multiple reasons but this is a MAJOR one. Globalism is a wet dream for a virus pandemic like this. People and goods travelling unimpeded would allow a virus to spread to every corner of the planet in days. While we are on that subject, I wonder how long this virus can live on surfaces? When you consider the volume of products we Import from China, if this bug can live for a long time on inanimate objects that's going to be a huge issue. Globalists want open borders because they want a flow of cheap labor and goods which results in ungodly profits and power for a small pool of elites, they DONT care about the common people. Until the people take back our governments from the globalists running them, this will continue.

You do realise global trade is a historic thing, right? Globalism isn't a modern invention, it is simply a modern term for an historic thing.

Closing borders may well work for certain pandemics (some forms of plague, etc) but it simply doesn't work for airborne viruses, particularly airborne inter-species viruses. As someone said earlier in this thread, closing borders in this scenario would only truly work if you could enclose said nation in a sealed dome with controlled airflow. Since that isn't either scientifically or practically possible, then it is mute point at best.

Basically, Science says no.

Um, yes I do realize its a historic thing. What's new is its under the control of multinationals and a small group of financiers and elites globally connected in Realtime, who have only their own best interests in mind. In the past globalism was a little more beneficial to nations, now its beneficial to ONLY the people controlling it, at the expense of everyone else living under it. You do realize that don't you?
edit on 28-1-2020 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

No different than before.

But - I'm not thinking a great deal of people 'sneaking' over the boarder are carrying the 'flu'.

Yeah, we need 'The Wall' - no doubt about it but I'm thinking you're comparing apples and oranges kind'a.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Riffrafter

What ship?

Are you also saying that you think this flu will be a big deal and kill tons of people?

No.

I was saying that this flu is already here in the US - whether we like it or not.

As far as what happens now?

Your guess is as good as mine, but since it involves people making decisions, I'm pretty sure it won't be good.

Of course, your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited, etc.

edit on 1/28/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Even multinationals aren't new. The Hanseatic League was a medieval fore-runner and then you have slightly later examples like the Dutch East Indies Company.

All of them controlled by the "elites" in society. But go back even further to Pharoanic Egypt - the Pharoah controlled trade. Anything that enriches is always controlled by the elite in society.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

MY feelings...

That's the real pandemic, fear and the resulting lobotomy.

We had over 20K people dying from the latest flu in Germany, have some fun locking down our airports and all borders for that?

Borders need to be enforced and reinforced for the safety and integrity of every nation and it's citizens.

Borders don't help to keep citizens safe, otherwise your Reaper drones would crash into them. The US is a rogue state, literally dissolving itself with violations of international law, and at some point in the future we'll have to deal with the Global Security issue that is the US administration. And the ongoing violations of human rights at your border only makes things worse.
It's a good thing that you support authoritarian politics from China openly when it suits your fear induced lobotomy. The irony! Priceless.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Why do you people allow yourselves to get so hung up and brainwashed on these elections.Democrats will do the exact same thing Republicans are doing to you...Promise you all this stuff and never be able to afford it all....Got to go to college or get a high paying job in every country if you want to make a decent living.....That will only get worse and worse as debt keeps piling up all over the globe or world..See the side effects of it happening now with out of control runaway debt and cost of living...Sadly and frustratingly all governments can only afford so much health care....

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I'm not sure you understand this problem

100 years ago, the Influenza virus, known as "spannish flu" tens of millions. The boarders were no where near as open. Yet it happened. Since you are using Trump as a champion here, I will talk about what would have to happen in the USA.

To stop a pandemic hitting the USA, you would need the following

(a) Prewarning, a long one
(b) to close all borders. This means you would abandon any member of your nation stuck outside
(c) Maintain closed boarders, and I mean 100% impermeable

Its not practicable. Flights enter the USA daily, trade from the affected country is important to the USA (no matter how hard you wish, the USA has tied its's infrastructure, including pharmaceuticals to the cheap Chinese sources).

This Coronavirus appears to have about a 7 day incubation period. It would mean all visitors and returning nationals to your nation (or mine) would need to be detained at least that long, in an environment where no contact was possible with well individuals.

So tell me how Trumps isolationist ideas would stop a virus again?

So tell me again how trump tightening boarders will help here?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

MY feelings...

That's the real pandemic, fear and the resulting lobotomy.

We had over 20K people dying from the latest flu in Germany, have some fun locking down our airports and all borders for that?

Borders need to be enforced and reinforced for the safety and integrity of every nation and it's citizens.

Borders don't help to keep citizens safe, otherwise your Reaper drones would crash into them. The US is a rogue state, literally dissolving itself with violations of international law, and at some point in the future we'll have to deal with the Global Security issue that is the US administration. And the ongoing violations of human rights at your border only makes things worse.
It's a good thing that you support authoritarian politics from China openly when it suits your fear induced lobotomy. The irony! Priceless.

or in other words, dramatic emotions from the logic free zone

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

With a pandemic though, travel alone such as business can spread.

I'm not for open immigration, but I am for our citizens and their business associates foreign or domestic to continue to do work... Even if I don't like it being with countries that I'd rather not do business with.

You really can't see the difference between business travelers using normal means of travel and hordes of migrants wandering across a border?

There is no difference.

How many infected places outside of China are there now?

All by normal travel.

No Difference? It's a huge difference LOL.

1 infected person vs 1000 infected people is a difference of 999.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

I'm not sure you understand this problem

100 years ago, the Influenza virus, known as "spannish flu" tens of millions. The boarders were no where near as open. Yet it happened. Since you are using Trump as a champion here, I will talk about what would have to happen in the USA.

To stop a pandemic hitting the USA, you would need the following

(a) Prewarning, a long one
(b) to close all borders. This means you would abandon any member of your nation stuck outside
(c) Maintain closed boarders, and I mean 100% impermeable

Its not practicable. Flights enter the USA daily, trade from the affected country is important to the USA (no matter how hard you wish, the USA has tied its's infrastructure, including pharmaceuticals to the cheap Chinese sources).

This Coronavirus appears to have about a 7 day incubation period. It would mean all visitors and returning nationals to your nation (or mine) would need to be detained at least that long, in an environment where no contact was possible with well individuals.

So tell me how Trumps isolationist ideas would stop a virus again?

So tell me again how trump tightening boarders will help here?

So you are using the same argument leftists use for the wall, some people can find away to get over or around it, so do nothing. Your answer is to not try to stop this virus cuz its just gonna find its way in anyway?

Every precaution that can be taken to stop the virus from spreading should be taken. There are other countries have shut down travel from China coming into their countries. I don't see you calling them out.

No, Trump is not an isolationist. You need to look up the meaning of the word because your TDS has hijacked your vocabulary.

edit on 28-1-2020 by kyosuke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: primus2012

or in other words, dramatic emotions from the logic free zone

That's the short answer, yes.

Now I'm thirsty for a few cold Corona's, the logic free zone is calling me.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: toysforadults
eye roll

Best post of the thread!

Eye roll...

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

What the hell does an epidemic from China have to do with this?

President Trump is right (again) about our borders defining and protecting us as a nation. Borders need to be enforced and reinforced for the safety and integrity of every nation and it's citizens.

You're right in a sense though, harmful diseases such as xenophobia and ignorance should be quarantined for the sake of the rest of the world

Trump sucks so much as president that his minions constantly need to praise him, even on matters that have nothing to do with Trump or his politics.
Europe has "open" borders acording to many here on ATS so we should all already be infected, but we aren't.
Trumpster logic 1 on 1

edit on 28-1-2020 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
f you look at this virus from its base (the cold causing corona virus )it appears this "harmless virus " appears to be weaponized to infect deeper areas of the system (the lungs),,,,, my take on this outbreak is that it could be an attempt at world population control made to look like a natural cause! I'm getting my bob & yacht ready to go now!

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Doesn't change my opinion, as I believe illegal crossings and visa overstays should always be treated as armed enemy combatants, and should carry collectable bounties.

However, I don't believe a "borderless world" woukd have any effect on area quarantines. We'll probably have sectors and our tracking implants will designate where and when we can go.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
a reply to: openminded2011

Even multinationals aren't new. The Hanseatic League was a medieval fore-runner and then you have slightly later examples like the Dutch East Indies Company.

All of them controlled by the "elites" in society. But go back even further to Pharoanic Egypt - the Pharoah controlled trade. Anything that enriches is always controlled by the elite in society.

Maybe its time for things to change.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join