It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So How Are We Feeling About OPEN BORDERS After Wuhan Corona Virus?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Hahahaha true. I bet op never takes foreign holidays either! In the most crucial time in human history. Were fighting each other, Over nonsense. My countries go to tatic is working phenomenally divide and conquer. InTheLight

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: UK2315
Hahahaha true. I bet op never takes foreign holidays either!

Hahahaha got me all figured out.
Funny Stuff!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Hahahaha true. I bet op never takes foreign holidays either! In the most crucial time in human history. Were fighting each other, Over nonsense. My countries go to tatic is working phenomenally divide and conquer. InTheLight

Yes, over nonsense. Let Trump do his next term and continue the entertainment factor...you U.S. of A. are a laughing stock.
edit on 01CST08America/Chicago10280831 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: makemap

Are you saying that pointing out that China is the country of origin of a potentially pandemic killer virus is racist?

Because THIS: "They uses any kind of propaganda to blame the Chinese first."...sounds like you are.

Remember those CIA testing bioweapons on US population.

Operation Sea Spray

For all you know this virus is not natural and the same tactics had been used against China then the blame will be to put on China. China had hundreds of medicines way before any of the west had. You got to wonder who is still testing bioweapons since WW2 Nazi Germany. It is obviously the West. Bio warfare = Nuclear Warfare. Great excuse for Russia/China to start throwing nukes all over the place. Life isn't a video game it won't look like Resident Evil. They will push the button if they have to do it.

edit on 27-1-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: IAMTAT

That the cronovirus is going to be a major problem for the united states. Same thing I have been hearing on t.v. for days now. I honestly thought your post title was the title of some msm article you were going to link.

Fear the wu-flu!
Only way to stop it is to shut everything down or we will all be sick!

Too late.

That ship has already sailed.

Buckle up mates - it's going to get a little rough...

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

That is a low blow. Dealing with deadly virus coming into our countries is a world away from dealing with not letting in people that are seeking sanctuary. So low.

Maybe.

But when worlds collide - so to speak - things start getting hinky very fast.

Watch this space...

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Yes, over nonsense. Let Trump do his next term and continue the entertainment factor...you U.S. of A. are a laughing stock.

Really?

Then why does everyone seem to want to move here?

Who's laughing now?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Maybe not.

Here is some useful information addressing that specific point. (Link.)

Of course, doesn't seem like we have much appetite for actually doing any of it, which isn't hard to understand considering the economic consequences.

No good choices here.
edit on 28-1-2020 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   

This is the REASON a country has to have borders. You have to have controls over who enters for multiple reasons but this is a MAJOR one. Globalism is a wet dream for a virus pandemic like this. People and goods travelling unimpeded would allow a virus to spread to every corner of the planet in days. While we are on that subject, I wonder how long this virus can live on surfaces? When you consider the volume of products we Import from China, if this bug can live for a long time on inanimate objects that's going to be a huge issue. Globalists want open borders because they want a flow of cheap labor and goods which results in ungodly profits and power for a small pool of elites, they DONT care about the common people. Until the people take back our governments from the globalists running them, this will continue.
edit on 28-1-2020 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

There is far too much "duh" here for ATS.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
TODAY: 17 Chinese cities now in lockdown with concrete walls being built around cities.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

We're talking about people, right?

People getting sick, people making decisions about people getting sick, etc - correct?

If so - then fear will rule the day, just like always.

Watch.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Unless you're banning air travel permanently, this thread is just more ignorant nonsense.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85
There must be something you don't understand re: a nation knowing and controlling who enters their country, as is the case with international flights, and an open border, in which case said nation has no idea and no control over who enters.

The fact that you thought that was a good argument is telling.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

This is the REASON a country has to have borders. You have to have controls over who enters for multiple reasons but this is a MAJOR one. Globalism is a wet dream for a virus pandemic like this. People and goods travelling unimpeded would allow a virus to spread to every corner of the planet in days. While we are on that subject, I wonder how long this virus can live on surfaces? When you consider the volume of products we Import from China, if this bug can live for a long time on inanimate objects that's going to be a huge issue. Globalists want open borders because they want a flow of cheap labor and goods which results in ungodly profits and power for a small pool of elites, they DONT care about the common people. Until the people take back our governments from the globalists running them, this will continue.

You do realise global trade is a historic thing, right? Globalism isn't a modern invention, it is simply a modern term for an historic thing.

Closing borders may well work for certain pandemics (some forms of plague, etc) but it simply doesn't work for airborne viruses, particularly airborne inter-species viruses. As someone said earlier in this thread, closing borders in this scenario would only truly work if you could enclose said nation in a sealed dome with controlled airflow. Since that isn't either scientifically or practically possible, then it is mute point at best.

Basically, Science says no.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Here's a link someone sent me in another thread.

Really good info. It takes a second to fully load but it's worth the wait.

ETA - You'll know it's fully loaded when the red dots populate the maps.

Spread of Coronavirus

edit on 1/28/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Grasshopper is that you? You reincarnated as squirrel?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Wasn't able to load your link...but spread maps I've seen are extremely alarming.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well as is plainly evident Corona Virus doesn't care about borders nor even species barriers for that matter.

What needs to be inforced is better cleanliness, prevention, and containment, just as with any other flu-like ailment.

Containment... You mean like a wall on the border that stops people from just walking in any time they feel like it? Containment is not just keeping people in a specific area, its also keeping them out of other areas.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
No nation was ever made great by people sneaking across its borders in the middle of the night. Many have been destroyed that way, but none made great.

The Great Melting Pot was not millions of people who wanted to sneak in unnoticed, live like parasites siphoning off wealth and resources to send home, and commit crimes against the citizens of this nation.

We have a means of legal immigration. Anyone who can not or will not respect that is proving themselves to be unworthy of the benefits of this great nation.

The idea of controlled borders is never more evident than when considering something as potentially devastating as a plague. It is true that even with our best efforts and the strictest of protocols we may still fall victim to this virus. But that does not mean we should stand idly by and just let it stream across the border at will. We owe it to ourselves and our countrymen to at least try to stop this invasion of both virus and carriers.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join