It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So How Are We Feeling About OPEN BORDERS After Wuhan Corona Virus?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Progressives and Globalists champion a 'World Without Borders', and yet, imagine the impact of a deadly pandemic, such as this (or worse) on such a world.

Please provide a link to what you quoted a 'World Without Borders'

I've only heard Mos Def talk about literal open borders that humans should be able to roam free on Earth, and that the system we have now is tied into the Illuminati. What are you talking about? Links please

link   
You are aware we dont border China?? So cant see how this is even relative to people crossing the border.

link   

How about some actual intelligent responses from the 'Open Borders' crowd?
"eye roll" and quips about virus' running into walls only shows your own ignorance or your lack of a valid argument.

Why expect intelligent answers in such an unintelligent thread?

link   
Not sure what this has to do with immigration/open borders.

I doubt it's refugees moving the virus around, more like travellers, business people.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Not sure what this has to do with immigration/open borders.

I doubt it's refugees moving the virus around, more like travellers, business people.

Why do you doubt refugees can move the virus around?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: IAMTAT

With a pandemic though, travel alone such as business can spread.

I'm not for open immigration, but I am for our citizens and their business associates foreign or domestic to continue to do work... Even if I don't like it being with countries that I'd rather not do business with.

You really can't see the difference between business travelers using normal means of travel and hordes of migrants wandering across a border?

There is no difference.

How many infected places outside of China are there now?

All by normal travel.

Until mass migration, infected with it unknowingly, are given forced entry, status, and all.. I mean, how does a global pandemic start... in crowds... started off a few individuals in planes.. well, that's how the last movie I saw on it went.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Let's say we close the borders and it works.

We'll become the only healthy nation and everybody will try to break in in massive waves like zombie movies.👻😈

Yes but we can extract their blood and make an immunity so they don't even smell us.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

How about some actual intelligent responses from the 'Open Borders' crowd?
"eye roll" and quips about virus' running into walls only shows your own ignorance or your lack of a valid argument.

No offense...

But the original arguement is flawed... So I don't think you're going to get what you like as responses.

Using this for open boarders vs closed borders is like someone making a thread about Australian wildfires and framing it as "what say you now people who don't believe in global warming".

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Why are you making a potential worldwide epidemic about US politics and border patrol?

You do know this is why ATS sucks right now right? Due to silly little threads that ask totally irrelevant questions just to score political points. Lame man, just lame.

But I'll play...

Border control means nothing to a disease especially this one because the virus spreads in it's incubation period. So therefore even if you screened everyone entering your nation you would not see signs of symptoms because it hasn't "overrun" the hosts immune system. Chances are their body doesn't even know it's there.

How do you test for a virus?

I guess you could lock down your nation and create a buffer zone on border areas but that would involve detaining American citizens and denying them their rights and freedoms.

Unless of course this is a disease that doesn't infect legal citizens or those visiting the US legally? Nope... Now I'm being silly.
edit on 27-1-2020 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

There's a old saying I'm quite fond of.

Ask stupid questions, get stupid answers. It's sad how everything has to be political.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

So, the usual suspects that are proponents of mandatory vaccination - the logic that people who don’t get vaccinated are a danger to others who apparently do get vaccinated - are on here stating that mandatory strict border control won’t help with the spread of disease.

Strange days indeed!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

No offense taken.
I simply asked how people now feel about unrestricted mass migration in a Progressive-conceived utopian world concept where no enforced borders between nations exist during a deadly viral pandemic.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
ATS needs a section that's lower than the hoax bin for low-grade low-IQ partisan-baiting threads/OPs like this.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The question: How do you feel about open borders in relation to the spread of disease?

The answer:

originally posted by: okrian
ATS needs a section that's lower than the hoax bin for low-grade low-IQ partisan-baiting threads/OPs like this.

Fixed answer:

ATS needs a section that's lower than the hoax bin for low-grade low-IQ partisan-baiting replies to OPs like this.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Define open and closed borders....are we going to blow up all bad things coming our way? I know some guys in the military that eat crayons and love blowing bad things up.

I’m against illegal immigration, unfortunately a ton are already here and we have to help them, protect them and make sure they aren’t taken advantage of by others. The morons who keep committing crimes, give them to us, we’ll either train them or well, don’t worry about it.

If this does become a pandemic, the only way to stop it is closing ports, airports, militarizing borders and that’s just way too much area to cover without physical devices that limit movement or kill others and we get into a very gray area, I would hate to be in charge of that decision. Plus we’re not shooting unarmed civilians last time I checked, citizen or otherwise. Lucky for me I’m medical so I don’t really have to worry about it.

Anyways Plague Inc. says the safest areas are Greenland and Iceland, sometimes other islands and Canada.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

No offense taken.
I simply asked how people now feel about unrestricted mass migration in a Progressive-conceived utopian world concept where no enforced borders between nations exist during a deadly viral pandemic.

How many people are actually advocating for no physical borders though?

Are there a few loony politicians? Sure, there always are, on both sides. But picking the most extreme and then applying it to a problem that is unrelated is a bunch of stretches.

Lets say we close the borders to all human travel...this virus can still live on surfaces for days... Do we truly believe every nation would stop commerce with China? So what happens when we get a package from Vietnam that was in China days earlier.

I was very specific on my analogy to Australian wildfires. The fires are not unprecedented though they are uncommon. Eucalyptus trees have flammable oil, that mixed with dry summers and arson allegations doesn't equate to global warming.

Just like the world's petri dish being just that and doing what many predicted doesn't have a thing to do with our immigration standards, or looney politicians dreams of changes to said standards.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Reminds me of people who get offended when you don't want their germs, flu, herpes etc.

Dang bigots.

edit on 27-1-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Honestly this just gives us an excuse to come up with a moderate regulatory solution instead of the far right or far left where most of us do not fall politically.

The immediate and future threat of disease and/or a pandemic confirms the need of regulatory guidelines that monitor human movement across interstate and nation state lines. It’s common sense, plus if we start regulating all this crap, raising public health standards, educating people, then birth rates drop and we have a more viable population management solution that reduces overall costs and strain on the system. If we ever agree on a solution.

Finally figured it out, they released the virus to give the UN more power for the world wide shadow government, I do love watching the Black List, entertaining show.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Would it really matter? It's not the majority of these things would come through physical borders, but probably legally through airport travel.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Yes, let's build a wall between the US and China. China will pay for it!

What concerns me is the number of Americans who can't take off work, or afford to see a doctor if they get it. That's how you turn a small number of infected people into a pandemic. Fix our medical system.

China already has a wall. Perhaps you have heard of it. it's called the "Great wall of China".

eta, and yes, China did pay for it.
edit on 27-1-2020 by network dude because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join