It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So How Are We Feeling About OPEN BORDERS After Wuhan Corona Virus?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I don't mean to make light of the flu, it is nothing to be trifled with. I'm sure it's killed more people than war.
I have not had the flu for some time, I have never had a flu shot, but ponder it. I would be more worried about that than Wu Han.

Flu season is just part of regular life I suppose.

I haven't had a flu shot since I was a kid, only got it once.. certainly didn't like it! But the worry here is what this could become, not what it is now. Even if this thing as a 4 to 7 day period where it can spread with minor or no symptoms, that could exponentially explode. The flu would have nothing on the # of serious cases requiring ICU beds this would create. I think we'll know where this will go in the next 10 to 15 days or so. Could hopefully just die out, but if enough of the 5 million who left ground zero spread this out enough, the flu will seem like nothing compared to this.

So.. cautious now, not too worried, yet.. but keeping an eye on it, for what it could become.

As far as borders go, sacrificing freedom for the sake of security and not deserving it come to mind. During the outbreak - OK. Tracking every movement in out of our country.. all the time? No thanks. This already happens to a degree, without our consent - but people should be fighting it, not embracing it. And a border wall wouldn't have stopped a single case of this virus, most likely.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

The cup is half full. I am grateful that we are blessed this isn't some jacked up version of a biolevel 4 pathogen.

I think the Chinese authorities look a tad fishy here. Walls around cities to lock up millions, building a hospital in roughly two weeks as if you can't prepare with basic infrastructure and now they have an ongoing battle with some stupid danish paper over a caricature with the Corona virus.

This escalated quickly. Do they expect anything we don't know or is full blown Nanny State madness their usual MO? I get the feeling (weird circle back to topic) this little revolt in Hong Kong has a few "communist" oligarchs twisting their pants. Here's an idea for conspiracies: weaponized Chinese Corona virus in order to deter the ultimate revolution.

My social score just went down the drain tho. Pity.

edit on 30-1-2020 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

A couple of things.

(a) What about nationals inadvertently caught in China, especially "ground zero". They are to be written off?
(b) More importantly. No y'all an't make masks out of coffee filters. Coffee filters do not filter out viruses, they filter out fairly course ground coffee (if you've ever tried to filter an espresso ground using that, you will know that some slips through). Even surgical masks are pretty useless, giving a few minutes at best protection. You want protection? Get a biological grade respirator, or better hood, with hepafilter unit.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

yep. shoudnt a been in china. lol.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Hey at least you are honnest. Some of us have little or no choice. I'm glad my current work means I'm not having to travel there.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This is from 2017

The number of illegals that are from China is 268K.

www.nytimes.com...

Where do they come in the country? Across the US/Mexico border. AND China doesnt cooperate with deportations.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Using that logic you could also say "shouldn't have been in Benghazi".

What difference, at this point, does it make?

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Usually I don't use reply, all I am here for is to gather info, but this debate is just stupid so I have a neeed.. Politics feel borders, but beings on planet does not! What you gonna, shot every animal that cross border ? Do you think immigrants will stop if they have a GREAT NEED ?
There are more opinions about current state of this epidemic but I think this is the most accurate : “By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread, till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for you are dust, and to dust you shall return”

a reply to: IAMTAT

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Was snooping around on Bill Gates twitter and came across @gavi in one of his reply posts...
their goal is to reach everyone by 2030.
"Global health security"

Yeah, no trust from me the intentions are for human benefit, more like hoarding fanatics who will eventually die of thirst.

My feelings are that it's a fever created in a petri-dish...when whatever goal is reached we'll be able to burn ourselves alive and not get charred because they have an anecdote.

Because I think the black death was brought to earth in a meteor, and haven't heard of any stellar objects breaching the atmosphere as of late.

Crap, there goes my last two cents.

link to add
edit on (1/31/2020 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
With the new Corona Virus, China is on the verge of a virtual world quarantine with 5 million from Wuhan leaving before their lockdown of 15 major cities.

Progressives and Globalists champion a 'World Without Borders', and yet, imagine the impact of a deadly pandemic, such as this (or worse) on such a world.

MY feelings...
President Trump is right (again) about our borders defining and protecting us as a nation. Borders need to be enforced and reinforced for the safety and integrity of every nation and it's citizens.

Open borders is the dumbest # I have heard! It is the equivalent of anti-vaxers. DUMBASSES!!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: yuppa

Using that logic you could also say "shouldn't have been in Benghazi".

What difference, at this point, does it make?

Nothing but shoudn't a been there either.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Star for consistency.

Still, the attitude that any american outside the continental US doesn't matter seems rather un-american.

Although it seems rather in-line with the new american attitude of "I got mine".

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Star for consistency.

Still, the attitude that any american outside the continental US doesn't matter seems rather un-american.

Although it seems rather in-line with the new american attitude of "I got mine".

No i give people credit to take care of themselves instead of relying on the government. Always assume you are on your own then you will have a easier life. If you are stupid enough to get in a situation thats all on you.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Whatever.

It also reads, I can't be bothered.

ETA: Also, I was just pointing out that some americans would consider your opinion un-american.
edit on 1-2-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Seems to me this is the very fear mongering rabble rousing we heard back in 2014 when the Zaire strain Ebola virus hit American shores. Will the American people fall for it again?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
People lock their doors at home for good reasons. They have screens on the windows to prevent bugs from coming in. Our borders prevent much more than people from coming in uninvited such as viruses, diseases, drugs, weapons and bad ideas and ideologies. Just because bad things aren't coming in to your direct contact doesn't mean the same principles shouldn't apply simply due to scale, in fact when things go wrong at a national scale it's a disaster and not just a nuisance.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join