It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So How Are We Feeling About OPEN BORDERS After Wuhan Corona Virus?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
With the new Corona Virus, China is on the verge of a virtual world quarantine with 5 million from Wuhan leaving before their lockdown of 15 major cities.

Progressives and Globalists champion a 'World Without Borders', and yet, imagine the impact of a deadly pandemic, such as this (or worse) on such a world.

MY feelings...
President Trump is right (again) about our borders defining and protecting us as a nation. Borders need to be enforced and reinforced for the safety and integrity of every nation and it's citizens.
edit on 27-1-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

With a pandemic though, travel alone such as business can spread.

I'm not for open immigration, but I am for our citizens and their business associates foreign or domestic to continue to do work... Even if I don't like it being with countries that I'd rather not do business with.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I can't wait to read the responses.

Great Thread!

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I'm not for open immigration, but I am for our citizens and their business associates foreign or domestic to continue to do work... Even if I don't like it being with countries that I'd rather not do business with.

You really can't see the difference between business travelers using normal means of travel and hordes of migrants wandering across a border?

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
So How Are We Feeling About OPEN BORDERS After Wuhan Corona Virus?

I feel like High walls,mines,moats,remote weapon sentry turrets,drones, C4ISR.

And placing holograms of certain individuals to discourage anyone from coming here. ILLEGALLY.
edit on 27-1-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Well as is plainly evident Corona Virus doesn't care about borders nor even species barriers for that matter.

What needs to be inforced is better cleanliness, prevention, and containment, just as with any other flu-like ailment.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

You really can't see the difference between business travelers using normal means of travel and hordes of migrants wandering across a border?

I think my comment showed that I can... However, the point was in this context, I don't see a valid arguement.

I even say the above with a personal stance on strong immigration standards. Legal immigration is better for the host, and the immigrants alike.

But if we use a case of global sickness as a topic for validation, it doesn't much matter if you have multiple international airports.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
eye roll

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

There is no difference.

How many infected places outside of China are there now?

All by normal travel.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Let's say we close the borders and it works.

We'll become the only healthy nation and everybody will try to break in in massive waves like zombie movies.👻😈

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Yes, let's build a wall between the US and China. China will pay for it!

What concerns me is the number of Americans who can't take off work, or afford to see a doctor if they get it. That's how you turn a small number of infected people into a pandemic. Fix our medical system.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Let's built walls to keep the flu out!!!

Peace

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
You can build a 2000000 foot wall but we are always going to let Americans , greencard holders, and students back in... even if they are Asian.
This is America. Not a concentration camp.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Progressives and Globalists champion a 'World Without Borders', and yet, imagine the impact of a deadly pandemic, such as this (or worse) on such a world.

I'm not exactly sure I understand your reasoning. No every person traveling across arbitrary country boundaries is contagious. It's not clear having strict border controls would stop a deadly pandemic anyway.

But it's funny how conservatives champion certain causes. Fighting imaginary problems is okay when it involves cracking down on people but when it comes to problems like poverty there's no interest to do anything about it. More people die each day in the World from poverty than any other cause:

"1 billion children worldwide are living in poverty. According to UNICEF, 22,000 children die each day due to poverty."

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
How about some actual intelligent responses from the 'Open Borders' crowd?
"eye roll" and quips about virus' running into walls only shows your own ignorance or your lack of a valid argument.
edit on 27-1-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The leftists who promote open borders can't be reasoned with.
They'll say we should let those poor sick people come here so that we can care for them.
I guarantee it. They won't be swayed by anything, including a pandemic.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
eye roll

Best post of the thread!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
For something like we are seeing now the closed borders will help some but not eliminate the problem. As mentioned above the amount of travel and importing done for business overseas to China and worldwide would make it virtually impossible to stop all threats.

The thing that the closed/controlled borders would help immensely is slow any transmission and allow some breathing room if something were to happen. If borders are open to all with no control it would be a free for all and any control would be lost and very difficult if not impossible to gain it back once a panic would ensue

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Closing borders and banning travel in cases of virus out-breaks are disastrous. Such moves always lead to a panicked rush of people across land borders, where unlike air passengers their movements can't be traced. It also causes economic damage to the countries, threatening the civil order essential to fighting the disease.

How I personally feel about open borders? It doesn't matter. My opinion has little to do with the speed or efficiency in which a virus can spread.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BoxerBrawler

Star for an intelligent response.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join