It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton is looking for his 15 minutes.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It still shouldn't matter.
Bolton claims Trump said something, no corroborating evidence or witnesses and the aid went through to Ukraine without any quid pro quo. Bolton is playing"women scorned" with Comey lawyer/gameplan.
Just some mud slinging, I don't see this changing anything. Bolton is selling out and will regret it later.

originally posted by: carewemust
As far as I know, Bolton has yet to personally confirm what the NY Times reported. But...

The “House Bolton Maneuver” was a pre-planned operation to use a timed NSC ‘resistance’ leak to frame a new demand for testimony in the Senate. From the beginning the House intentionally constructed an impeachment process to avoid the judicial branch because the construction of the articles was dependent on an unconstitutional creation: impeachment by decree of the Speaker.
More at: theconservativetreehouse.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad
Regarding Witness testimonies, the downside/risk to President Trump is minimal.

But Democrats can be DEMOLISHED, if the Defense play their cards right.

(Schiff-Vindman-Ciaramella Framing the President, and Biden Corruption exposed, and 2016 DNC/Hillary/Crowdstrike)

BOOM - BOOM - BOOM

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe
You're right. The FACTS will not change, regardless of what Bolton says. But he's (hopefully) moving the needle towards having witnesses in the trial.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Barbara Boxer was just lying on Fox. Russia Russia Russia she whined.

McCallum tried to reign her in but the woman kept doubling down on the lies.

It doesn't matter what the defense reveals, Dems will stick to their lies and their idiot constituents will believe them.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

from pretty far left salon on the "Russian interference" i think they are finally realizing they will have to beat him at the ballot box www.salon.com...

For what it is worth, on May 24, 2016, at a forum in Los Angeles on "Populism Past and Present" hosted by Ian Masters that featured me and the historian Michael Kazin, I was asked if I thought Trump could win. I replied, "I think it's possible. I wouldn't bet on it." I noted that sometimes "a big chunk of the former electoral college presidential majority migrates to the other party." I said that I doubted there would be a "big enough chunk of people who formerly voted Democratic moving over to put Trump in the White House" but I hedged my bets by saying, "I may look foolish in November." The political scientist Alan I. Abramowitz has observed that Trump actually performed less well than might have been expected in 2016 in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, given shifts already under way from the Democrats to the Republicans in those states: "There is no evidence here that Russian interference, to the extent that it occurred, did anything to help Trump in these three states." In 2018, Hillary Clinton told Britain's Channel Four News: "The real question is how did the Russians know how to target their messages so precisely to undecided voters in Wisconsin or Michigan or Pennsylvania–that is really the nub of the question." No, the real question is why so much of the US and European establishment accepted and promulgated Clinton's alibi for her failure to follow her husband into the office of president of the United States. A Clinton or a Bush was president, vice president, or secretary of state in every year between 1981 and 2013, an era in which working-class incomes stagnated, offshoring devastated US and European manufacturing, the world suffered the worst economic collapse since the Great Depression of the 1930s, and the US plunged into multiple disastrous wars in the Middle East and Central Asia. Trump became president by running against a Bush in the Republican primaries and a Clinton in the general election. The desire of many American voters to disrupt the quarter-century cycle of nearly identical versions of technocratic neoliberalism under alternating Bushes and Clintons is quite sufficient to explain the presidential election of 2016.
so lol hopefully this means they are finally geting off that debunked ship and into reality one last snippit

The debunked "Russian influence" nonsense is infantilizing liberals The Russian money spent to influence the election was negligible. Its persistence as an explanation is bad for Dems
that is the full headline and if even salon is coming around on this front it shows they are finally accpeting reality on exactly how minimal if at all "the russian memes" actually accomplished

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

You're right. The FACTS will not change, regardless of what Bolton says. But he's (hopefully) moving the needle towards having witnesses in the trial.

Let's allow all witnesses and evidence.

Let's see, how many threads made when bolt 🔩 was announced... Trumps genius is truly unparalleled

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Agreed, the needle has moved, let's see if it moves far enough.
It is great to watch the MSM/never trumpers speak of the solemn words and virtuous claims from Bolton..lol.
Don't mind the timing of the "leak" from his transcript, nothing to see hear. Nevermind the book he is selling, that is irrelevant, right?
What a colossal waste of human resources and government/taxpayer funds/money.
Truly remarkable.

By the way Chris Wallace of Fox News is a total disgrace.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: shooterbrody

Why are you making this about me?

If Bolton has relevant evidence and testimony to add, I'd like to see and hear it.

a reply to: shawmanfromny

Well, if Bolton is lying to the American people about what Trump did and said, to protect the American people, I'd hate to know what Trump really did and said that's compelled Bolton to undermine Trump's impeachment defense by offering to testify.

The house did not do their job and make bolton testify
You pray he blurts it out as your only hope

Too funny!!!
No comey
No muller
Now no schiff

Lol

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Pretty insightful

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I never trusted Bolton, no matter who's admin he was a part of. Why trust him now after he got nixed? Because it fits an agenda. To me, that kind of flip flopping is no better than Bolton himself.

The biggest tell here is... the book deal itself.

The fact that he would write a 'tell-all', and even consider releasing it while the President is still in office - let alone actually do it - and leak the details (don't give me that crap that he didn't leak it - whether he did, or he helped someone else do it or at the very least made it possible).

No one with any amount of character would release a book like this, at this time, unless they had an ulterior motive. And Bolton, the war monger, has a huge motive.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I really wouldn't be surprised if he has puppet strings leading back to an alphabet agency.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

He's a politician. Nothing less, certainly nothing more.

I read him the same exact way you do. The hypocrisy of the left on this particular issue is an amazing thing to see. The right has it's share, too.

He's a shameless opportunist looking out for the main man...himself. Look for a book deal, or a gig on prime time opinion-TV as the token "Republican".

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Hey, why not?

Nothing else has worked... Remember the mantra. By any means necessary!

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Just wait...

The same networks who called him a war hawk and a danger to America (one of the few things they got right) will start prefacing his appearance with something like... "On next we have John Bolton, a seasoned foreign policy expert, and one of the key opponents to the Trump administration".

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
www.washingtontimes.com...

The twin brother of a key administration impeachment witness against President Trump is in charge of the National Security Council’s process for reviewing publications by current and former NSC officials, according to a new report on Monday. Breitbart reported that Army Lt. Col. Yevgeny Vindman, a senior ethics lawyer for the NSC, is in charge of reviewing publications such as the book manuscript submitted to the NSC on Dec. 30 by former National Security Adviser John Bolton. The report cited a source close to the administration. The NSC had no immediate comment.
no idea if this is true or not but if so will cast a nice new light on the leak and situation

www.wsj.com...
www.pbs.org...

Vindman told his twin brother Yevgeny about the call and his concerns about it. His brother sat behind him Tuesday in the hearing room. Yevgeny Vindman is also a U.S. Army official who is an attorney in the White House. The House intelligence panel is holding public hearings into Trump’s pressure on Ukraine to investigate his Democratic political rivals while also withholding aid to the Eastern European nation.
so he does have a twin but in the pbs article at least once again second hand information ,he is apparently an attorny in the white house

nypost.com...
and this one names his actual position hes an lawyer ethics lawyer in the white house which would line up with the breibart article about it i didnt post but washington examiner cited

yevgeny Vindman, also an Army lieutenant colonel, works in the White House in an office next to his brother as an NSC lawyer handling ethics issues

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I can't believe it either.
A White House cabinet member, high ranking government official, can get away with a tell all book in the middle of, not only Trump's first term but smack in the middle of an impeachment trial.
This is exactly what executive privilege was designed to combat, I say there is no way Bolton gets to testify.
Trump orders executive privilege and SC Justice Roberts backs it up, it is just the right thing to do.
It is unbelievable what goes on and what is tolerated in Washington DC.

Bolton is a traitor and should be ashamed of himself.

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I never trusted Bolton, no matter who's admin he was a part of. Why trust him now after he got nixed? Because it fits an agenda. To me, that kind of flip flopping is no better than Bolton himself.

The biggest tell here is... the book deal itself.

The fact that he would write a 'tell-all', and even consider releasing it while the President is still in office - let alone actually do it - and leak the details (don't give me that crap that he didn't leak it - whether he did, or he helped someone else do it or at the very least made it possible).

No one with any amount of character would release a book like this, at this time, unless they had an ulterior motive. And Bolton, the war monger, has a huge motive.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
During the morning coffee/headline hour, the recurring theme seems to be that Trump is divisive, a threat to the Nation, and hates every person that isn't blonde haired and blue eyed. I don't get it.
I'm 42 and remember Presidents through Reagan. I remember Bush 1 saying, "read my lips...", I remember Clinton looking at the camera and proclaiming, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman.", I remember Obama tout, "If you like your doctor, you can keep them."
Trump is the ONLY President that I can remember that has kept (or tried to keep) every single campaign promise. He is the only one that seems to be looking out for ME and MY family at every single turn. He has started no new wars. He has made my 401k skyrocket. He has told other countries that they will no longer suck of the teet of Americans. He has gotten us out of NAFTA and negotiated trade deals that are far more fair than ones we've been under for decades.
What has this man done besides look out for each and every American that is so bad??

I do not believe for one second that Trump is worried about anyone in ANY election because there is nothing for a Democrat or Independent to run on. Can't say the economy or unemployment is bad. Can't claim that there's another endless war started. Any debater against this man will look like a complete fool to claim they can do better...or that the reason America is doing so well is because of Obama. Having said that, the Democrat claim that he was scared of Joe Biden and wanted Ukraine to investigate his son is just ludicrous at best.

One only needs to look at the current rallies that each side have and notice the difference in crowd size to understand this better. Just last night, Trumps rally in New Jersey packed the house and there were requests for 175k tickets. People camped out in freezing temperatures for DAYS to see this man. Meanwhile, Joe Biden has a "rally" that garnered less than 100 people... that never clapped, cheered, and looked rather bored. Yet the media will still claim that half of the country wants Trump out of office. What a complete and utter sham! I absolutely cannot wait until November so I can watch the debates. It will be the best television in the history of mankind watching Trump demolish the other nominee.

Sorry for the rant...couldn't help myself.
edit on 29-1-2020 by MrBuddy because: rw

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
word on the street is that bolton is angling for a job as the next kfc colonel....
he has the look....

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Bolton is a warhawk whom thinks the United States should be involved militarily in all theaters around the entire world. I don't know whom convinced President Trump that Bolton would further "Trump's foreign policy" when it has been obvious that Bolton just wanted to advance his own foreign policy. Bolton thinks he should have more power than the POTUS. Just like Vindman, Yovanovich, etc.

edit on 29-1-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
i think bolton telling truth but his book he just want to make money but this is america dammit if a man want to write a book to make money all the power of the gods to him this is a capitalistic society i wish i can make millions off a book

go john!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join