It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolton is looking for his 15 minutes.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Former National Security Adviser John Bolton's team was under fire from the White House and conservative commentators Sunday night, after a report in The New York Times revealed a bombshell excerpt from Bolton's forthcoming book that could prove pivotal in President Trump's impeachment trial -- just as the Amazon product page for the book went live.

The drama began earlier Sunday when the Times exclusively reported that Bolton's manuscript included a claim that Trump explicitly linked a hold on Ukraine aid to an investigation of Joe and Hunter Biden. Trump told Bolton in August, according to a transcript of Bolton's forthcoming book reviewed by the Times, "that he wanted to continue freezing $391 million in security assistance to Ukraine until officials there helped with investigations into Democrats including the Bidens."

It looks like Bolton wants to be popular now. He's alleging that Trump told him all about the aid being held so he could get dirt on Joe and his boy. The big question is........does it even matter? I ask that because the aid was delivered, before the deadline. And the interesting part of this is, Bolton's very, very timely news might prompt a longer trail and witnesses. But will it just be democratic witnesses? Or will Trump's side get a few choices of folks to call?

Just when you thought it was over, they pull you back in.......

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I've always hated Bolton... Do find it funny though watching both parties flip and flip like fish out of water on this guy though. The right defended him while he was in the admin (though some Trump supporters who never really aligned with the right may not be grouped in here). The left said he'd start WWIII and now act as if he's one of the most prestigious government dwellers to walk the hallowed halls.

The guy is an opportunist. He'll do whatever it takes to stay in the good graces of the establishment. I doubt this is the last we'll see of him. Even if he doesn't make it into an admin, he'll likely head a prestigious "foundation" or think tank with some pull.
edit on 27-1-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
link   
Trump denies it

Bolton denies he leaked it to “close associates” (NYT lied)

Didn’t see the word alleged in any of the fake news media .

Nobody has seen the actual quote

The irony of this story is the left finally believes John Bolton .

link   
a reply to: network dude

The big question is........does it even matter? I ask that because the aid was delivered, before the deadline.

Yeah, it matters.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Write the truth in your own book. No one makes up stories in a book!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

If he has first hand evidence pertinent to the hearing then he should testify just as anyone with pertinent first hand evidence for the defence side should be allowed to testify.

Surely the truth is what matters here , Bolton will never be popular.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Wont help get 67 votes in the senate
Desperation from the dnc

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

The big question is........does it even matter? I ask that because the aid was delivered, before the deadline.

Yeah, it matters.

I think it matters.... But I'll take whatever he says with a grain of salt.

I never trusted Bolton, no matter who's admin he was a part of. Why trust him now after he got nixed? Because it fits an agenda. To me, that kind of flip flopping is no better than Bolton himself.
edit on 27-1-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

If he has first hand evidence pertinent to the hearing then he should testify just as anyone with pertinent first hand evidence for the defence side should be allowed to testify.

Surely the truth is what matters here , Bolton will never be popular.

If Bolton has evidence, I'd love to see it. Don't know if I could call his word evidence.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Why does it matter ? Can you prove Trump was going to use it to his political advantage ?

One scribbled note doesn’t amount to proof .

The Bidens might have committed corruption .

Are you saying because he is a presidential candidate he’s not allowed to be investigated ?

I’ll use one of the left’s favorite phrases .

“NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW “

edit on 27-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
“that he wanted to continue freezing $391 million in security assistance to Ukraine until officials there helped with investigations into Democrats including the Bidens."

Wow, they are trying to convict him on something they say he wanted but didn’t do. They have accused our president of a pre-crime because he was getting too close to exposing the corruption of the last administration.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Has it come out of Bolton's own mouth yet that what the NYT's insinuates is in his book is ACTUALLY in his book?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Is this the same nyt that has been consistently wrong about trump?
That nyt?
The list of retractions is large.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Yeah, it matters.

Could you explain your position a bit please? I don't disagree totally, I just don't think it matters in the outcome of impeachment.

If any evidence of corruption exists tying either Joe or Hunter to it and Ukraine, then everything Trump did would have been warranted, and expected. At least that is my opinion. What do you think about that aspect?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Partisanship over facts..

I wonder why Trump only put people whom will turn on him in office... Statistically could it be possible everyone are traitors or...

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Has it come out of Bolton's own mouth yet that what the NYT's insinuates is in his book is ACTUALLY in his book?

The timing is what makes me just a tiny bit suspicious. If nothing like this came out, the Trial would likely be over in a few days. Now, it seems perhaps not. Convenient and shady are two words that come to mind.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

I wonder why Trump only put people whom will turn on him in office... Statistically could it be possible everyone are traitors or...

Bolton never really made sense, but I assumed Trump had some plan for why he chose a war hawk for that position, when that stance is exactly opposite of his policy as proven over time.

Part of my thinks this is all part of a play, and Trump is involved in this, setting up the cards for something. This doesn't have to be 56D chess, just a step above checkers. Time will tell.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

So now asking if Bolton actually VERIFIED what the times reported, you know, asking for actual facts, is partisan?

SMFH

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

The timing is what makes me just a tiny bit suspicious. If nothing like this came out, the Trial would likely be over in a few days. Now, it seems perhaps not. Convenient and shady are two words that come to mind.

Yes, and you know who reviews books for the NSC, Vindman’s twin brother.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I won't be surprised if it does. Bolton was a Neocon from the get go. I was pissed when Trump picked that UN scumbag.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join