It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Flag Nellis 20-1

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Anyone in the area for the first Red Flag this week? Should be relatively unique high-volume sighting opportunities for USAF and RAF birds out of Nellis and elsewhere. I know the RAF contingent at Nellis will feature F-35's if they sorted the tanker hiccup.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

They left one F-35 behind at Lajes, but he made it in with another tanker. Five B-1s, the RAAF contingent all made it in.
edit on 1/27/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Good news!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Did a few Green Flags back in the mid 80’s with the Tornado GR1’s....good times..work hard play hard....😀a reply to: RadioRobert

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Silentvulcan

Rumor is the Germans are coming to -2 with Typhoons and Tornados.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Tonka’s still good at what they do best...ultra low level...the American’s used to call them the “bunny burners” as they used to fly so low...buccaneers still the one to beat though..some good vids of them low over the desert kicking up dust!!! a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   

The USAF should start prepping for B-2s flying a terrain following profile in future Red Flags. Future's coming up fast.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masisoar

The USAF should start prepping for B-2s flying a terrain following profile in future Red Flags. Future's coming up fast.

There's almost zero operational use for terrain masking with a VLO platform. High altitude is better for a whole slew of reasons.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 04:27 AM
link   

You know that's not true.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   
It's almost always true.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Brother, agree to disagree.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I can see the base from my backyard so this should be good! Kinda reminds me of being close tinker..
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I really miss participating in Red Flag. Took our Lekenheath Strike Eagles twice. But honestly, i really detest Vegas after two days. Now, TLP in Belgium is faaaaar better IMO.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
We used to do TLP in Jever in the 80/90’s with the GR1’s...many a beer was had in the local “Beer Academy”...!!! Hi a reply to: lakenheath24

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silentvulcan
We used to do TLP in Jever in the 80/90’s with the GR1’s...many a beer was had in the local “Beer Academy”...!!! Hi a reply to: lakenheath24

WHAT ? You guys enjoyed beers during the Cold War ?!

Had a few myself in West Germany.

Cheers!
edit on 27-1-2020 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Yep...three tours...8 years in total...Weiss beer the best!!! a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hiya,
We went to Florennes near Charleroi. I loved it, we had Brit Tornados's, Belgium F-16's, an East German Mig 29 and an Italian F-106 among other stuff. The best part is every country had to host a perty. I remember the Greeks buchered a live goat outside the mess hall. That didnt go down well with the locals, but damn, it tasted great!

The Brits are animals, we did the dice game with Pink Polar Bears. We refused to participate in Splatter and the bisquit game.

We did burgers and dogs of course, with two large bins of jungle juice as a side. There was a steady steam of barf covering the sidewalks and roads all the way back to the dorms! lol

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
We partied with the enemy. LOL

We found ourselves at a bar that we later realised the Russian mob obviously owned. They found out we were Yanks and I thought we were gonna die. Instead, these giant Russian dudes fed us vodka all night for free. Coolest dudes ever...then there was Amsterdam. Ahhhhh...Amsterdam!!!!!!!!

a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
LOVE "Vice" beer! LOL
Worst farts ever though if I may be so crude. Nothing worse than being in a van full of maintenance pukes after a Weiss beer session.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

So for the Weizenbier ... did you guys drink the cloudy (with yeast) kind, or the Kristall-clear with the slice of lemon? Both were great IMO.

(sorry for the thread derail)

To make small amends, I recall enjoying seeing the NATO forces aircraft practicing low level flying and maneuvers!

Cheers

top topics

<<   2 >>

join