It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you're going to get run over by a car - do it in NYC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Just saw this amazing footage posted on twitter.

It happened at the corner of Delancey and Norfolk in the Lower East Side.

Makes me proud to be a NY'er!

Pedestrian Run Over in NYC Lower East Side

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

From someone there on that twitter feed...

They were lifting wrong side of SUV. Was on other side with others lifting wheel on passenger side off her ankle. She was able to crawl out on her own before this. Looked like driver tried to keep going, but hit a car in the intersection. Woman was lucky she wasn’t crushed.

Maybe if it wasn't in NY then people would have lifted the right side of the car.

Just sayin...

edit on 27-1-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

😂 Don't forget it's a "Woke" city... Wrong side wow, probably hurt her more, poor lady 🤬😡

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Moving behind that, another commentor noted that the lady driving actually tried to flee and is how her leg became pinned. The vehicle was trapped by opposite traffic hitting her car to keep her there.

And the crazy bitch has like forty traffic citations.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Kinda thinking now that if you are going to get run over, do it in Montana...

If you survive the brush guard you are home free because most trucks here have at least a foot clearance...

And we would at least stop and help you up.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:54 AM
link   
All I know is if you get run over in China you are assed out. They walk right by dead and suffering children like it's whatever. Don't even stop to call 911 or nothing.
At least what I see from India people will try and help. If your in South America, everyone will stop traffic and surround you to take pictures, maybe even the occasional selfie. But usually nobody gets involved until the emergency services arrives late, due to all the congestion from the gawkers laughing and chit chatting around you.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

What you said about South America is kind of right.

Back in the 90's I was riding my bycicle in South America and saw a car crash.

Someone called authorities, in one car was a young woman, bleeding and she was a mess.

The rescuers got shocked and scared to touch her. I had to pull her out and keep an eye on my bycicle so nobody could steal it.

I got her in the ambulance. Took my bycicle and left.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Oh don't mind me... While you work on that leg, i'll just sit here on my phone. Anyone want delivery?

So what were they trying to do? Lift the whole car? I don't think that's how leverage works.
edit on 27-1-2020 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

join