It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Has Been Said That Without The 2nd...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

good lord, I don't thing they thought this through. What if some lefty starts an orange man bad rant and says something mean about Trump on ATS and lives in VA? Would they be guilty?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Just say it.

A particular group in Virginia. The majority party have gone full blown NAZI.

They just lost the pretense of being hot for civil liberties.

We already knew they were'nt.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

The guy proceeds to tell me that they have had three M1919 (converted to semi-auto) pass through their shop in the past two weeks. This in a town with a population of maybe 8300 people. Gov. Blackface hasn’t a clue as to what could really and truly happen when enough people say enough is enough.

Holy crap!

Because deer hunting isn't really satisfying unless you have a Browning submachine gun...

~blink~

Things are getting a lot weirder then I thought.

Be safe out there!

Nope, the brownings are not for deer.

They are for the goddamn red squirrels.

Anything less than a six barreled vulcan, and the little jerks will survive...

I have one that found a way into my attic, and am seriously debating leveling the place with a D9 dozer just to get rid of him.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou

Holy crap!

Because deer hunting isn't really satisfying unless you have a Browning submachine gun...

~blink~

Things are getting a lot weirder then I thought.

Be safe out there!

[

Good choice, NotOne. Even if you miss with dropping that 6-yard
shovel on him, the wind will still blow him into the next county...
on the fly. I kind of like the D6's mileage; but they're tough to nail
voles with. Both our front AND back yards are getting DUMB-spongy.

Back to avoid skewing the thread about Mossberging the mosquitos.
I believe Gov. Northam is a little less thin-skinned than most give him:
and whatever the legislature is cooking up for a gun grab is going to
end as messy as exposing the Dem voter harvesting/gerrymandering.

But what do I know? If some other state out west had [VERIFIED] Six
Million illegal or otherwise unqualified on the rolls per Judicial Watch:
any hope of an honest election or even referendum is a pipe cleaner.
"Don't throw that ballot away! We can use it in the bird's cage!"

edit on 27-1-2020 by derfreebie because: NewzWitSchmooz.com/commercial/NOT

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It appears that Virginia is electing a majority body of snowflakes to represent them in their state government.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I think it gone straight onto a blizzard of ignorance at this point.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Just say it.

A particular group in Virginia. The majority party have gone full blown NAZI.

Oh no!! You're the one who's a Nazi!! /sarc

edit on 27-1-2020 by Deplorable because: Hillary

In all seriousness though ...

There was an equivalent of 5 light infantry divisions on-hand at the VA capitol a week ago. Just three hour's drive from the nation's capitol.

The entire country could have been immediately back in the hands of the citizens. But ... nooooo ...

edit on 27-1-2020 by Deplorable because: Frustration

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

What you post greatly offends me and I find it very scary . All your abilities to communicate with anyone anywhere should be taken away .

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
You poor child. Something somebody said offended you.

a reply to: 10uoutlaw

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

look up sarcasm , and I'm not a child or poor .

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The invidious part of this plot is how coincides with the impeachment circus as a distraction for the masses. The old magician’s “nothing in this hand” while rifling through their pockets with the other. Look how little attention paid right here where people should see it a little clearer.

What can you say?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw

look up sarcasm , and I'm not a child or poor .

Ha!

Well played!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yes, Virginia, there is a tyranny.

Say good-bye to the First amendment protections of Free Speech, if this goes through. That it won't escape the Supreme Court is quite beside the point.

The very fact that they're trying something so anti-ethical to America is quite alarming.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The Virginia Supreme Court is quite liberal. In fact, Virginia is not a super majority so much as a trifecta.

It will take the US Supreme Court to intercede...good luck.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

It seems obvious that this is completely unconstitutional, and if the state's high court doesn't think that, then it becomes, if it isn't already, obvious that something is seriously out of whack in the state of Virginia.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It would be very interesting if say the Virginian Citizens Defense League Link to prove it is a real thing was to somehow figure out that a State level Constitutional Convention could happen and vote to remove the standing state government and replace it with officials and laws more beneficial to all the citizens of Virginia.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Ahabstar

If any person, with the intent to coerce, intimidate, or harass any person, shall use a computer or computer network to communicate obscene, vulgar, profane, lewd, lascivious, or indecent language, or make any suggestion or proposal of an obscene nature, or threaten any illegal or immoral act, he shall be is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor

Speech has been regulated for a long time. It is illegal to yell "fire" in crowded theater. The same logic can be applied to hate speech which incites violence in other people.

"United States, 249 U.S. 47 (1919). It specifically rules on the limitation of freedom of speech (first amendment): The original ruling is this: The most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man in falsely shouting fire in a theatre and causing a panic."

I can see the Virginia law may be going a bit too far but maybe this is something for the Supremes to decide.

That's not really a limitation of free speech. That's causing a public disturbance. Yes speech was used to cause the public disturbance, but the public disturbance part is what's illegal.

It's like going onto a plane and screaming bomb, it's not the speech, it's the reaction to the people trapped inside the plane, and the terror they are subjected to erroneously. Speech is not limited; even if speech can be used to incite these other contextual scenarios, it's the contextual scenario that's illegal.

I don't think any reasonable person would suggest it should be totally fine to board a plane wait until you're trapped over the ocean and stuck inside the plane to yell "Bomb" and intentionally cause a panic... do you?

Virginia is flat out saying you're not allowed to say anything that could subjectively hurt a persons feelings. This restricts basically all speech, because literally anything can be claimed to fit that definition.
edit on 27-1-2020 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Lumenari

Yes, Virginia, there is a tyranny.

Say good-bye to the First amendment protections of Free Speech, if this goes through. That it won't escape the Supreme Court is quite beside the point.

The very fact that they're trying something so anti-ethical to America is quite alarming.

All true.

All alarming and all sad.

But you can still buy a handgun in VA in 10 minutes there if you're not a felon.

All is not yet lost.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD luckily the court is not stacked in your FLAVOR!!!~

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Ansuzrune

The Virginia Supreme Court is. Here’s hoping the SCOTUS gets involved. Even RBG could see this is wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join