It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Has Been Said That Without The 2nd...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It has been said that without the Second Amendment to protect your other rights that they would be gone as well. Virginia is trying to prove just that. Here is the summary.

SUMMARY AS INTRODUCED: Threats and harassment of certain officials and property; venue. Provides that certain crimes relating to threats and harassment may be prosecuted in the City of Richmond if the victim is the Governor, Governor-elect, Lieutenant Governor, Lieutenant Governor-elect, Attorney General, or Attorney General-elect, a member or employee of the General Assembly, a justice of the Supreme Court of Virginia, or a judge of the Court of Appeals of Virginia. In addition, threats to damage property may be prosecuted in the City of Richmond if the property is owned by the Commonwealth and located in the Capitol District.

Go ahead and read the full text as it is rather short and pay particular attention to § 18.2-152.7:1. Harassment by computer; penalty.

This little assault on your First Amendment protections to protect their feeling was submitted January 16, 2020. Four days ahead of the big gun rally. And already it has been referred to Committee for Courts of Justice, where it appears some strike thought of the language has been to change shall be to a flat out is guilty... Does that mean due process is being curb hopped along with it?

And while death threats and bomb threat and other ridiculous acts should have consequences. The above noted Harassment by computer section has legal language like this

If any person, with the intent to coerce, intimidate, or harass any person, shall use a computer or computer network to communicate obscene, vulgar, profane, lewd, lascivious, or indecent language, or make any suggestion or proposal of an obscene nature, or threaten any illegal or immoral act, he shall be is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor
So telling the Governor to “go stick his thumb up his ass and read the Constitution before you get hung for treason” on his Facebook page isn’t gonna work out so well. Because feelings were hurt. And more than that, it may be considered obscene or that you intended to coerce or intimidate the Governor into not going full gun grabber.

What a twit. And i do mean pregnant goldfish in every sense of the word.

edit on 26-1-2020 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

If any person, with the intent to coerce, intimidate, or harass any person, shall use a computer or computer network to communicate obscene, vulgar, profane, lewd, lascivious, or indecent language, or make any suggestion or proposal of an obscene nature, or threaten any illegal or immoral act, he shall be is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

Holy crap!

A lot of citizens in Virginia are going to be fined or imprisoned for their Youtube comments...

Facebook posts...

Twitter comments...

Posts to the internet version of their local newspaper...

Thanks for posting this!

Remember Virginia, if you want your Democrats you can keep your Democrats!!

If you don't please use your ballot box before they only allow Democrats to use ballot boxes there...

Not like you'll be allowed ammo boxes soon, after all.

A great warning to other purple states what can happen to your own state if you don't engage and vote.

edit on 26-1-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
When a political ideology has to resort to silencing the opposition by force through manipulating the law,
You pretty much have your answer on who the bad guys are.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Went to my local gun store Saturday to say hi to the guys and let them know I was still alive and kicking. Some interesting conversations were had. A few months ago a “barn find” was purchased of some 50 cases of canned ammo. And I said the amazing thing about a group of say five to ten tasked with the job of going out to gather things up would have no idea of what kind of other similar “barn finds” are out there.

The guy proceeds to tell me that they have had three M1919 (converted to semi-auto) pass through their shop in the past two weeks. This in a town with a population of maybe 8300 people. Gov. Blackface hasn’t a clue as to what could really and truly happen when enough people say enough is enough.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

There is another bill to really up the signatures needed in 60 days to add a recall to the ballot.

Ohio doesn’t have a recall ability...yet. It was added to the to do list though. Ohio can petition laws and amendments by direct vote, bypassing the legislature. That was the compromise given to the people to prevent a “constitutional convention” at the state level and redoing the state government in the early 1900’s.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I guess he’s tired of being called a blackface-wearing racist who supports brutal post-birth abortion and wants to take away your guns.

Who would have figured?

Asshat...

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   

If any person, with the intent to coerce, intimidate, or harass any person, shall use a computer or computer network to communicate obscene, vulgar, profane, lewd, lascivious, or indecent language, or make any suggestion or proposal of an obscene nature, or threaten any illegal or immoral act, he shall be is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor

According to this^^^^they themselves should be charged with class 1 misdemeanor. They are trying to “coerce” and “intimidate” me by “threatening” to take away my constitutional rights which is “illegal” as hell last time I checked.

As far as the Virginia gov officials who think their lives are more valuable than mine...Eff you, you worthless POS’s Come and get me you A-holes.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Oh boo hoo, the poor guy. Being called names.

Meanwhile in the Trump family..................

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

The guy proceeds to tell me that they have had three M1919 (converted to semi-auto) pass through their shop in the past two weeks. This in a town with a population of maybe 8300 people. Gov. Blackface hasn’t a clue as to what could really and truly happen when enough people say enough is enough.

Holy crap!

Because deer hunting isn't really satisfying unless you have a Browning submachine gun...

~blink~

Things are getting a lot weirder then I thought.

Be safe out there!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Speech has been regulated for a long time. It is illegal to yell "fire" in crowded theater. The same logic can be applied to hate speech which incites violence in other people.

"United States, 249 U.S. 47 (1919). It specifically rules on the limitation of freedom of speech (first amendment): The original ruling is this: The most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man in falsely shouting fire in a theatre and causing a panic."

I can see the Virginia law may be going a bit too far but maybe this is something for the Supremes to decide.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

100% legal to yell fire in a theater if there is a fire.

Doing so for means of criminal mischief in causing a panic when there is no fire is, was and always should be illegal because it is criminal mischief to cause a panic which may result in injuries.

Death threats and other similar ilk are already illegal. Petitioning the governing body of legitimate grievances incited by words and actions of said government should not be by any means illegal.

Simply put if burning a US flag is freedom of expression (speech) then telling the governor that he a whole string of expletives (and thank me for not typing them out as it may be too colorful for most to handle and may in fact cause Northam to drop dead away reading half of it) is also freedom of speech.

If you think that the above is an exaggeration, pray you never witness me stub a toe in the middle of the night. I can be rather creative and long winded while ad libbing.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   
America keep your guns cause they 💩 all over us in the UK .

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The same logic can be applied to hate speech which incites violence in other people.

Perhaps in your opinion, but not in real life.

It's illegal to falsely yell "fire" in a crowded theater, because it's purpose is to create panic, which would present a clear and present danger to the general public.

What the OP is talking about, is a bill that blatantly violates our freedom of speech, because lewd language DOES NOT cause panic or violence in other people.

If I call someone an "asshole," it may tear down a person’s feelings of self-worth, but it's my first amendment right to call a person whatever name I want, even if it is profane. You can't , however, threaten immediate bodily harm to a person.

You must be a blast to go to a comedy club with.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

According to this^^^^they themselves should be charged with class 1 misdemeanor. They are trying to “coerce” and “intimidate” me by “threatening” to take away my constitutional rights which is “illegal” as hell last time I checked.

I expect most here will agree with that, but we know these things do not work this way. This is the government using its power to direct industry to follow out its orders. By the time any legal challenges work their up to the supreme court a lot of the damage would of already be done.

With the states legislator and executive branches working together for their own political agenda it is a tough one to challenge. The Sheriffs done well in defending gun rights, the National Guard did not sound interested in a domestic political matter. How will big tech go when Virginia sends out their moderators? Big tech has shown it does have a lot of capability in automated censorship. How the Trump circus whistleblowers name (Eric C_A Marshmallow?) has been censored around the internet is one recent example of this.

Internet censorship and moderation is going to be a long ongoing battle. The internet is a big communication tool, lots of ways to communicate on it, lots of redundancy around. The larger and more political platforms do tend to listen to government and big business more than the individual. A lot of it is all about the money. Estimates of 10% - 20% of political influence in the last election is an important figure in the out come of political power. America has a reputation of corrupt voting practices, the dead voting, voting machines changing votes, fake polls and other trickery going on.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   
""Harassment by computer"" hmmm

The perfect way to spoof somebody with a setup !!! 😧

I wonder which Democrat deep cover operation is feeding all this BS legislation into Virginia ? 👁️ 🐽 👁️

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   

It would only be illegal deer hunting in Ohio due to the bottleneck cartridge of 30-06. We have to use straight wall cartridges .357 magnum minimum. So a semi-auto Tommy Gun with only three rounds of .45 ACP in the drum is considered okay for deer hunting.

Conversely you can drop a deer with a .44 magnum, so long as only three rounds and it has a six inch barrel minimum. Not sure how much of the deer will be enjoyable that close.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

It would only be illegal deer hunting in Ohio due to the bottleneck cartridge of 30-06. We have to use straight wall cartridges .357 magnum minimum. So a semi-auto Tommy Gun with only three rounds of .45 ACP in the drum is considered okay for deer hunting.

Conversely you can drop a deer with a .44 magnum, so long as only three rounds and it has a six inch barrel minimum. Not sure how much of the deer will be enjoyable that close.

Oh how odd.

My last elk here I shot with my Glock (45).

My last deer with a 10/22.

My last bear with an old lever action 308.

In my defense, the elk got shot with a handgun because I opened my patio door and it was there.
So was the Glock.

~shrug~

Whatever is the reasoning behind not using a bottleneck cartridge and deer hunting?

Because to me a .243 is the perfect deer cartridge.

edit on 27-1-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   
All that’s lacking in the is “ except democrats “.

Because we all know that’s how it’s going to be applied .

edit on 27-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I'm not American, nor have I ever visited the states. I have American relatives and hope to one day visit.

That being said, if I WAS American I would probably be buying another gun right about now.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

If any person, with the intent to coerce, intimidate, or harass any person, shall use a computer or computer network to communicate obscene, vulgar, profane, lewd, lascivious, or indecent language, or make any suggestion or proposal of an obscene nature, or threaten any illegal or immoral act, he shall be is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

Holy crap!

A lot of citizens in Virginia are going to be fined or imprisoned for their Youtube comments...

Facebook posts...

Twitter comments...

Posts to the internet version of their local newspaper...

Thanks for posting this!

Remember Virginia, if you want your Democrats you can keep your Democrats!!

If you don't please use your ballot box before they only allow Democrats to use ballot boxes there...

Not like you'll be allowed ammo boxes soon, after all.

A great warning to other purple states what can happen to your own state if you don't engage and vote.

It seems I moved from VA just in time.

What a shame too. It really is a beautiful state...

At least I easily bought a few guns there before returning to NY.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join