It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kobe Bryant dies in Chopper crash?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SulfurMercurySalt
Who cares about a sports figure !

You know all those girls that ignored you and went for the athletes at school. There's your answer.

I may be way off but I'm definitely getting a sense of nerd rage from many of the people upset about the coverage.

Maybe they just don't understand the reach that Kobe had and are confused.

If you're having trouble understanding why this impacts people so much try this for a thought experiment....

What if it was captain Kirk who died?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarvinSapp
a reply to: SulfurMercurySalt

Someone just posted about a housing project funded by the man himself for homeless young and vulnerable people.. at least he was good at a sport and contributed to his community.
Why wouldn't people mourn a top scientist? What Are you even going on about?
Didn't mean to feed it but Kobe was the man I had to reply
He did not do anything for others ! He had a PR group that did things so he appeared to be caring ! Once again he played basketball !!! How has that helped the world ? Christopher Hitchens , Joseph Campbell , Gore Vidal , MIT students, theoretical physicist, Tokomak engineer’s etc.... are hero’s ! Its sad that people die , but way more important people to society die everyday and you wont hear poop about it ! The international doctors who fight ebola and corona virus’s are way more deserving of money and attention than some dude who dribbled a ball around !

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
RIP Kobe one of the best kobe alan mike lebron

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Who cares about a sports figure !

You know all those girls that ignored you and went for the athletes at school. There's your answer.

I may be way off but I'm definitely getting a sense of nerd rage from many of the people upset about the coverage.

Maybe they just don't understand the reach that Kobe had and are confused.

If you're having trouble understanding why this impacts people so much try this for a thought experiment....

What if it was captain Kirk who died?
I was a Golden Glove boxer in high school as well as number 2 on our varsity golf team ! By no means do any of those accolades deserve more attention than the education I pursued , invented something and retired early ! What year did Mozart die ? People have their priorities all messed up ! Von Braun put a man on the moon , do you know how and when he died ?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Mozart was an entertainer, the help he gave people isn't really tangible, much like Kobe.

Why do you separate the 2?

I'm still falling back on my nerd rage theory.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Mozart was an entertainer, the help he gave people isn't really tangible, much like Kobe.

Lol ! If you only knew who you were saying nerd to ! LMAO ! Im saying who cares if he died ! People die everyday! Mozart was buried in a mass grave ! No giant production of his life ! Did the world stop when Tolstoy passed or Solschenizyn died ! Im 6’ 1” 225 and in my 50s still train boxing and workout daily ! Why does education have to be nerdy ! Sport nuts are usually myopic in their understanding of the world ( not all ) Communist countries push State sponsored sports hero’s so the people become entrenched with hockey or soccer all the while the powers that be can do as they want . A society obsessed as bad with sports figures as America is shows itself in the lowest test scores in the world ! Texas has multi million dollar high school football stadiums and the majority of the kids from these schools are below 3rd world education test scores !
edit on 27-1-2020 by SulfurMercurySalt because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The pilot requested permission to climb above a cloud layer before the crash. He was asked what his intentions were but there was no answer. It's believed he became disoriented once he got into the clouds.

dayton247now.com...
edit on 1/27/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

No one got to hear Mozart when he was alive ! Only the wealthy could afford such a luxury! Mozart did nothing for society until the phonograph was invented ! Quite a bit longer after his death ! Kobe did not stir anyones soul like Rodan, Michelangelo,or Goethe’s Faust has and will !
edit on 27-1-2020 by SulfurMercurySalt because: Words !

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
The pilot requested permission to climb above a cloud layer before the crash. He was asked what his intentions were but there was no answer. It's believed he became disoriented once he got into the clouds.

dayton247now.com...

I heard Kobe "co-piloted" the helicopter before. It is a 2 pilot chopper and only had one pilot on board correct?

I am wondering if Kobe was piloting when it went down.
edit on 1/27/20 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/27/20 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It's possible, yes. There could have been a mechanical failure as well, but yes, there was only one pilot on board.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Fair enough, my bad I misunderstood the Mozart bit.

If I only knew who I was calling a nerd?
You're an inventor who feels athletic accomplishments are essentially meaningless.

Not a definite indicator but you're definitely leaning more nerd than jock.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I strongly doubt a 20 year pilot would let Kobe pilot in those conditions.

I’m not liking all the haters. He died, let people acknowledge it and discuss.

It brings nothing positive to the conversation to tear him down or get upset because others are sad.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

You're an inventor who feels athletic accomplishments are essentially meaningless.

I love Mike Tyson , but a MIT grad has more worth to society than anything Iron Mike did ! Mike is starting to help people now with plants ! Mike May redeem himself in life if he keeps using weed and healing ! Kobe was a flashy , womaniser who died , because he was to important for land base travel ! Helicopters are a status symbol that are very dangerous! Your odds of dying in a helicopter are way higher than a plane ! Look it up ! Copters go down all the time !

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Kobe did not stir anyones soul like Rodan, Michelangelo,or Goethe’s Faust has and will !

So now you're able to declare if and how moved others can be?

You're just flat out wrong here.

People can be equally moved by listening to Beethoven or even Hitchens as they are listening to Carrot Top.

It's just intellectual snobbery to suggest people should only be moved by certain people or things.

That's probably better word than nerd, although "intellectual snobbery" doesn't seem to move people as much as "nerd".

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

The pilot radio became none ( ATC couldn't under stand the transmission)

Pilot Squawks 1200 to land.. then the helicopter flies off dropping altitude... did the pilot have a heart attack, stroke.
The aircraft went in a direction very quickly.. wind shear, mechanical malfunction or did the pilot have a medical crisis?

The aircraft was in pause to land at VNY..KVNY Van Nuys. Then swoosh down into a canyon.
edit on 27-1-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I was a very accomplished boxer , but that has nothing to do with who I am ! Im not a boxer ! Im a man who reads , listens to music , collects film and art ! I just happen to have a devastating 3,2,1 and a left hook to your liver ! Thats all !

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

He was also an instructor, but whether he did or not, they had no business being in that mess with only one qualified pilot on board. A second set of eyes could catch if he started to get disoriented.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

They held at Burbank and crossed Van Nuys. They weren't supposed to land there.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Kobe did not stir anyones soul like Rodan, Michelangelo,or Goethe’s Faust has and will !

So now you're able to declare if and how moved others can be?

You're just flat out wrong here.

People can be equally moved by listening to Beethoven or even Hitchens as they are listening to Carrot Top.

It's just intellectual snobbery to suggest people should only be moved by certain people or things.

That's probably better word than nerd, although "intellectual snobbery" doesn't seem to move people as much as "nerd".
You don’t understand what Im saying ! No sports event ever changed the world like piano or a pen ! We pay music teachers 45k a year while the High school football coach is paid his 45k plus another 45k for coaching ? Come on man ! Colleges in Europe , Japan , South Korea and India don’t spend one dollar on school sports ! Were they do spend money is on the worlds best and brightest professors and it shows ! Here in America the NCAA is all that matters to all but a few schools and all the money and resources go to their sports programs ! Our American college grads are ranked among the dumbest in the world ! Yet they all know sports stats and who’s Nike shoes are the coolest ! When we are going through an impeachment, China’s corona virus , and US cities that are garbage dumps this is what is on all major networks and social media Kobe died ? Who cares !!!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hey believe what you want man, Kobe's determination to be the best at his craft definitely helped and motivated me to never give up until I know I'm the best at whatever it is I'm trying to do. Mamba mentality

It seems ur upset he didn't do anything for u, which is selfish
But the man has suffered a terrible fate with his daughter.
If you were to burn up and die with your daughter and her friend next to u I'll be sure to ask why anyone should care.... na jus kidding I'm nothing like you

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join