It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kobe Bryant dies in Chopper crash?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SulfurMercurySalt
Fair enough, I've misunderstood where you're coming from.

I'm sticking to intellectual snobbery, but I'm accepting I'm wrong in the motivations.

So often it's the people who look more like me than you crying about athletes getting all the attention for purely "poor me" reasons.

Apologies for putting that on you.

But 1 day Justin Bieber will die, and people will be equally distraught (and correct). Until those MIT grads get some PR expertise it's not gonna change.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarvinSapp
Hey believe what you want man, Kobe's determination to be the best at his craft definitely helped and motivated me to never give up until I know I'm the best at whatever it is I'm trying to do. Mamba mentality

It seems ur upset he didn't do anything for u, which is selfish
But the man has suffered a terrible fate with his daughter.
If you were to burn up and die with your daughter and her friend next to u I'll be sure to ask why anyone should care.... na jus kidding I'm nothing like you
Your right ! He was the only person to die a horrible death that day with his family ! Mexico , Venezuela , El Salvador , The Middle East , India , China etc etc etc .... yet we are to stop the world and honour a guy who publicly admitted to multiple affairs outside of his marriage , show off mentality etc ... all because he could throw a ball in a hoop ? Ill look other places for my hero’s ! Thanks for clearing up just how tragic it was that a famous person died !

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Why did they get directions to Van Nuys atc?... it's in the recording.
m.youtube.com...

Ahh ok yes Burbank was on pattern..

Ok ok I got you..
edit on 27-1-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Lmao I wonder if his wife is tripping as much as you are over these "multiple affairs"
You wouldn't be acting like this if u actually had AN AFFAIR u sound like those virgins that shoot up schools because everybody else is living they're life.
U would have a show off mentality as well if u were the best at anything other than talking down on a dead man
But yea man hope u feel better
Truth is nobody really cares and he'll be forgotten shortly by most so there's some comforting words for u

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
Fair enough, I've misunderstood where you're coming from.

I'm sticking to intellectual snobbery, but I'm accepting I'm wrong in the motivations.

So often it's the people who look more like me than you crying about athletes getting all the attention for purely "poor me" reasons.

Apologies for putting that on you.

But 1 day Justin Bieber will die, and people will be equally distraught (and correct). Until those MIT grads get some PR expertise it's not gonna change. Correct ! The US is so far behind the world in education , because of sports ! Our higher education system is a joke , because of Sports ! Von Braun has a statue in Alabama of himself and rightfully so ! Yet when Saban dies Alabama will have to shut down for a month ! Now who inspired more people that when on to help humanity : Von Braun the man who put us on the moon or Saban the man who calls football plays ! When I was a kid the hero’s we had were men who overcame insurmountable odds to save life and country ! Charles Barkley said it best “ Im no role model “

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I was a basketball player in high school so I can relate to the athletic, but whose decision was it to fly in thick fog when police helicopters were forbidden. What is this? Pilot error or rich man's decision? I want to make a point to all other rich folks out there that think they know better....you don't.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Hey believe what you want man, Kobe's determination to be the best at his craft definitely helped and motivated me to never give up until I know I'm the best at whatever it is I'm trying to do. Mamba mentality

Exactly!!!!

Thank you.
I'm a lifelong Kobe hater so I can't speak from personal experience but stories like yours are very familiar.

A lot of people are just completely ignorant of the impact he had on people.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Lmao I wonder if his wife is tripping as much as you are over these "multiple affairs"
You wouldn't be acting like this if u actually had AN AFFAIR u sound like those virgins that shoot up schools because everybody else is living they're life.
U would have a show off mentality as well if u were the best at anything other than talking down on a dead man
But yea man hope u feel better
Truth is nobody really cares and he'll be forgotten shortly by most so there's some comforting words for u[/quote Yep you figured me out ! Beethoven had his critics as well ! See if you can name one ! I was a 6’ 2 “ 215 lb Golden Gloves champ out of Sioux City Iowa when I was 17 yrs old . The year was was 1977 ! What did you do at age 17 ? Having a stereo in your high school car does not count , but its cool if you did have one as Im not against load music lol

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Special VFR, he was still legal to fly. Not sure about the police perhaps an SOP stating a minimum flight visibility for flight.

edit on 27-1-2020 by Slyder12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slyder12

Special VFR, he was still legal to fly. Not sure about the police perhaps an SOP stating a minimum flight visibility for flight.

Bad mess.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Kobe transcended not just basketball, but sports. It's a shame you don't understand and won't take the time to understand. Enjoy your miserable existence...

edit on 27-1-2020 by ValleyofAshes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I was looking up to Kobe when I was 17

Just because you couldn't make a difference with your athletic career doesn't mean Kobe didn't. Js bra

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Slyder12

Legal to fly doesn't always mean it's a good decision to.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Definitely, also a good idea to know when to knock it off and turn around. Or worst case park it where you are...it is a helicopter. The pilot in his flight planning would have checked the weather. I am not sure if it was a complete surprise but fog or deteriorating weather would most likely have been in the forecast and he would have planned for it. He very well may have departed in clear skies or at least vfr conditions encountering deteriorating weather enroute requiring special vfr.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Wrong decision to fly that day.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Sadly, a famed NBA basketball player died in a helicopter crash, on a hillside, in the fog. It's truly a shame.

He wasn't Gawd, he wasn't the Pope, or the president...he was just a guy.

I'm done debating what happened. Seems others (always) know better, so be it.

I guess we'll wait and see.

Done.

Take care.

ETA- my posts stand.
edit on 1/27/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Sadly, a famed NBA basketball player died in a helicopter crash, on a hillside, in the fog. It's truly a shame.

He wasn't Gawd, he wasn't the Pope, or the president...he was just a guy.

I'm done debating what happened. Seems others (always) know better, so be it.

I guess we'll wait and see.

Done.

Take care.

ETA- my posts stand.

Well, the police knew better because they grounded their copters that day.

Let everyone learn from this mistake.
edit on 01CST09America/Chicago12590931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Seems so, huh??

I provided my input. It has been debated and seemingly pushed aside by people far wiser than me. So far be it from me to contribute more input.

It is what it is.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Seems so, huh??

I provided my input. It has been debated and seemingly pushed aside by people far wiser than me. So far be it from me to contribute more input.

It is what it is.

Nobody here is wiser than you. Bring it on.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Nah, I'll just bite my tongue.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join