It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Impeachment Notes So Far...Did I Miss Anything ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime
no, my friend
that country insulted itself long ago
not forgetting about that insult is important
especially when it took sacrifice from the entire planet to stop them

history is not an insult

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Trump didn't ask, he threatened do it or else

Please provide the quote where Trump "demanded" anything, much less an "or else"

despite no real evidence ever being presented that Biden was guilty of any wrongdoing, just conspiracy theory. I still haven't seen proof of anything more than Hunter getting a paycheck and Burisma hiring his firm to do consulting

With no relevant experience, Hunter was paid roughly $80,000 A MONTH by a notoriously corrupt company that was owned by a notoriously corrupt oligarch in a notoriously corrupt country while his dad was responsible for U.S. policy in said notoriously corrupt country. His dad then used $1 billion in loan guarantees to have a prosecutor fired. There is evidence that this prosecutor was investigating the owner of the company. He even testified under oath that he was explicitly told that the investigation was why he was fired.
This is enough to warrant an investigation. Trump is not the first person to bring this up. More than one person in Obama's administration raised concerns about this but nothing was done. It was apparently such a concern that they included it in Yavonovitch's confirmation hearing prep. Numerous articles were written about the, at least, appearance of conflict of interest while it was happening. NYT, Washington Post to name a couple.
The Obama administration unlawfully spied on the trump campaign. This isn't debatable, it's fact. The "russian collusion" investigation went on for two years and finally concluded that...there was no collusion with Russia. Then Trump asks for an investigation into corruption in Ukraine and he's impeached? Give me a f****ing break.

As far as the impeachment, Republicans and Trump had every opportunity to present their side of the story. They could have compelled Biden to testify by presenting evidence themselves.

You're embarrassing yourself. If you had any idea what you're talking about, you would know that Republicans were prevented from calling any witnesses in the house. They've had two days in the senate to present evidence. Yesterday, the Biden evidence was entered into record. You should watch it.

the entire White house and those down the chain of command were ordered not to appear by Trump. They refused to provide any documents or allow any witnesses to testify, and yet the Comrades scream he should be exonerated.

Do you understand what executive privilege is? Do you understand that virtually every president has, in one way or another, exercised this constitutional right? The president was acting on legal guidance from the DOJ's Office of Legal Counsel.
The Dems had every right to challenge in court but they didn't. They could have pursued Bolton's testimony but they didn't.
You understand that, without a full house vote to give the house's subpoena power to an individual committee their subpoenas had no legal backing, right? The idea that a president can be impeached for using the courts to settle issues between CO-EQUAL branches of govt is not only ridiculous, it's wreckless . If successful, it sets a dangerous precedent.

It's obvious you haven't spent very much time doing your own research or watching the President's defense arguments. If you care enough to have an opinion, you should spend a little time learning the facts of the case.

edit on 28-1-2020 by elDooberino because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: whyamIhere

Democrats conveniently omitted the fact that United States and Ukraine have a specific treaty for rooting out corruption.

Again? Everyone knows about that agreement. Trump did not pursue that avenue. Had he followed the protocol of that agreement, we would not be talking about it.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: elDooberino

Trump didn't ask, he threatened do it or else

Please provide the quote where Trump "demanded" anything, much less an "or else"

despite no real evidence ever being presented that Biden was guilty of any wrongdoing, just conspiracy theory. I still haven't seen proof of anything more than Hunter getting a paycheck and Burisma hiring his firm to do consulting

With no relevant experience, Hunter was paid roughly $80,000 A MONTH by a notoriously corrupt company that was owned by a notoriously corrupt oligarch in a notoriously corrupt country while his dad was responsible for U.S. policy in said notoriously corrupt country. His dad then used $1 billion in loan guarantees to have a prosecutor fired. There is evidence that this prosecutor was investigating the owner of the company. He even testified under oath that he was explicitly told that the investigation was why he was fired.
This is enough to warrant an investigation. Trump is not the first person to bring this up. More than one person in Obama's administration raised concerns about this but nothing was done. It was apparently such a concern that they included it in Yavonovitch's confirmation hearing prep. Numerous articles were written about the, at least, appearance of conflict of interest while it was happening. NYT, Washington Post to name a couple.
The Obama administration unlawfully spied on the trump campaign. This isn't debatable, it's fact. The "russian collusion" investigation went on for two years and finally concluded that...there was no collusion with Russia. Then Trump asks for an investigation into corruption in Ukraine and he's impeached? Give me a f****ing break.

As far as the impeachment, Republicans and Trump had every opportunity to present their side of the story. They could have compelled Biden to testify by presenting evidence themselves.

You're embarrassing yourself. If you had any idea what you're talking about, you would know that Republicans were prevented from calling any witnesses in the house. They've had two days in the senate to present evidence. Yesterday, the Biden evidence was entered into record. You should watch it.

the entire White house and those down the chain of command were ordered not to appear by Trump. They refused to provide any documents or allow any witnesses to testify, and yet the Comrades scream he should be exonerated.

Do you understand what executive privilege is? Do you understand that virtually every president has, in one way or another, exercised this constitutional right? The president was acting on legal guidance from the DOJ's Office of Legal Counsel.
The Dems had every right to challenge in court but they didn't. They could have pursued Bolton's testimony but they didn't.
You understand that, without a full house vote to give the house's subpoena power to an individual committee their subpoenas had no legal backing, right? The idea that a president can be impeached for using the courts to settle issues between CO-EQUAL branches of govt is not only ridiculous, it's wreckless . If successful, it sets a dangerous precedent.

It's obvious you haven't spent very much time doing your own research or watching the President's defense arguments. If you care enough to have an opinion, you should spend a little time learning the facts of the case.

Everyone but the prosecutor says that he had let the investigation run idle and was not pursuing the owner, which was why many trying to eliminate corruption wanted him fired. Biden etal wanted the Chairman to be convicted, but Shrokin sat down on the job.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

In December 2015, the prosecutor’s files show, Shokin’s office transferred the evidence it had gathered against Burisma to NABU for investigation.

In early February 2016, Shokin’s office secured a court order allowing prosecutors to re-seize some of the Burisma founder’s property, including his home and luxury car, as part of the ongoing probe.

Two weeks later, in mid-February 2016, Latvian law enforcement sent this alert to Ukrainian prosecutors flagging several payments from Burisma to American accounts as “suspicious.” The payments included some monies to Hunter Biden’s and Devon Archer’s firm. Latvian authorities recently confirmed it sent the alert. Shokin told both me and ABC News that just before he was fired under pressure from Joe Biden he also was making plans to interview Hunter Biden.

johnsolomonreports.com...

(post by 42DEGREESxPT2 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Nvm
edit on 28-1-2020 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Okay, dunno where I'm at. Too many off topic posts deleted.

Guess I may be next.

But with all the posts around and the thread poster I guess nothing has been missed by the OP. The impeachment machine will continue until Trump is finished.

My thoughts and regards,

Bally

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
(I'm so glad this is in the Mud Pit!
)

a reply to: whyamIhere

Let me see if I got this right...

No, you pretty much got it right.

Quid Pro Joe bragged to the CFR about leveraging a billion-dollar loan guarantee to Ukraine to get the prosecutor looking into Burisma fired, while his son was working there. Trump agreed with the media at the time it sounded suspicious. Zelensky was elected in an anti-corruption campaign. Trump checked him out and was convinced he was serious. Trump asked him to look into Burisma.

Now, according to those poster children for mental illness we are calling Managers, Trump demanded an investigation into Joe Biden because Joe Biden is running for President. Even though he is technically only running for the Democratic nominee for President. Even though Trump mentioned Crowdstrike in the same breath and Crowdstrike has a lot to do with 2016 but nothing to do with 2020. Even though the investigation Trump was talking about started before Quid Pro Joe even announced his candidacy.

According to those same lobotomy survivors we call Managers, Trump threatened Zelensky with the aid he was holding up to look into the state of Ukrainian corruption if he didn't cooperate. Even though Trump never mentioned it to Zelensky. Even though the aid was released on time. Even though Zelensky stated otherwise several times. Even though Ukraine made no concessions to get the aid.

According to the same walking advertisements for retroactive abortions we call Managers, Trump also withheld White House meetings with Zelensky. Even though Zelensky has had White House meetings. Even though there are multiple examples of written correspondence where Trump agrees to meetings. Even though Zelensky stated otherwise multiple times.

And finally, according to those same truth-challenged inhabitants of Xanadu we call Managers, these actions which Trump has now been shown to have never taken (and which Quid Pro Joe bragged about doing) are so dangerous to the very fiber of this country that it will crumble from within if we allow the American people to vote again before removing their previous vote.

That's about it in a nutshell.

So, does anyone else want witnesses ? Me either...

Bah, I don't care one way or the other. If the Senate wants witnesses, call witnesses! What I do care about is that if one witness is called for the prosecution, all witnesses need to be called for both prosecution and defense. Call Bolton! Call Mulvaney! But that means we also hear from the whistlebower, Shiff, Joe Biden, Hunter Biden, and anyone else the defense wants to call. All or nothing. The adjective 'relevant' does not mean 'anti-Trump,' and a person mentioned over 100 times by the prosecution is completely 'relevant'... heck, I'd say they were the most relevant.

I find it funny that some Republicans suggested letting all Senators view Bolton's complete manuscript in a classified setting, but Shumer then went on the warpath about how that was somehow wrong... maybe that manuscript, taken in it's entirety, doesn't say what they say it says?

I also find it funny how so many are going all doom and gloom over this coronavirus that seems mostly contained to mainland China but is causing widespread panic worldwide because it's slowly spreading, but we have a much more dangerous infection in Washington DC that apparently eats the brain from the inside out... and it seems to be spreading much more rapidly with a much greater infection rate!

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join