It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-American hate speech outside the US embassy in Pretoria, South Africa.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
On Thursday protestors under the flagship of the South African Communist Party (SACP) chanted and cheered the slogan: "One bullet, one American!" outside the US embassy in Pretoria:

PRETORIA - A threat of 'one bullet, one American' was cheered when shouted outside the United States embassy in Pretoria on Thursday as hundreds of picketers protested US foreign policy in the Middle East. “The Americans are the biggest terrorists around the world. They committed terrorism against Cuba, Venezuela, and many other countries in South America. Now they have decided that the Middle East is their home base. Our message is that there is no home for you, otherwise you will go home in your coffins. Very soon, you will hear a slogan of 'one bullet one American," said Sheikh Shuaib Booley, chairperson of the Ahlul Bayt Islamic Council of South Africa, to cheers from the crowd. Booley led the crowd in chanting “Allahu Akbar” as embassy employees watched from a distance.

www.iol.co.za...

I'm going to take my comments here from an editorial in the Afrikaans Rapport newspaper, although there are several articles and Youtube clips (the edition is still on sale, and not yet for free online, but it's an anonymous editorial from 26 January 2020, Netwerk 24: p. 2).

I would concur with the author(s) here that whatever people think of President Trump, the US is still one of the most robust democracies in the world, and such protests would be illegal in any of the leftist dictatorships and Islamist theocracies that the ruling ANC and it's SACP alliance partners openly support (for example, Iran, Venezuela and Zimbabwe). The ANC secretary of the Gauteng Province, Jacob Khawe apparently joined the protests.

Meanwhile trade between the US and SA is worth 200 billion Dollars a year, and R6 billion is donated by the US to pay for ARVs and HIV/AIDS treatment. This after Nikkie Haley (a former US ambassador to the UN), said in 2018 that the US would be cutting aid to countries that are hostile to the US, and SA is one of the ten countries that votes the most against the US at the UN, usually in favor of "kleptomaniac banana-republics" like Zimbabwe, Burundi, Venezuela, Syria, North Korea and Cuba. Apparently one SA diplomat even offered to defend Venezuela militarily against "American aggression". Of course considering the current state of the South African army (once one of the best in the world), this is beyond laughable. This is while other figures in the ANC are trying to win foreign investment in Davos.

As a member of the white minority, long targeted with various hate speech and racist BEE (Black Economic Empowerment) laws, that severely curtail our employment and educational opportunities - and it appears that land appropriation without compensation (property theft) is now virtually a done deal - I obviously don't agree with the SACP and similar groups like the ANC and the EFF.

In fact, the slogan "One American, one bullet" is a reinvention of the struggle slogan "One settler, one bullet", which as far as I know was increasingly (although unofficially) considered to be hate speech in post-Apartheid South Africa a few years back. Especially as it was chanted during the murder of the US anti-Apartheid student Amy Biehl in 1993.
en.wikipedia.org...
But of course, hate speech from black majority leftist groups is rarely (if ever) censured in SA.

However, I would like to see the US at least taking the relevant groups to the South African Human Rights Commission, either in individual or collective complaints.
These groups can say and do whatever they like, and with the international attention now, I hope they can be stopped, or at least warned before they lead us into complete chaos, genocide, starvation and international isolationism (unless being an African maid in Iran is your life's ambition).

Anyway gonna add some more clips with news footage and opinions from vloggers as I find them.
Also never sure what forum to post stuff on SA, but let me know what you all think (and I know some leftist Americans will even agree with the communists, and oh, but we had apartheid back before April 1994 - yeah, yeah we know. Can we discuss things relevant to 2020 please?).
edit on 26-1-2020 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
So, maybe we should cut all American aid to South Africa till these people learn to shut up. The people there will revolt against these jerks trying to disrupt the peace in their country. If they ask us nicely, we will target and destroy these people that are trying to force their people into submission.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Some YouTube opinions (obviously with my bias, but I don't necessarily agree with every word):

From South African minority vlogger William Petzer, with news-clips and documentation:

From LMSTactical:

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I personally have suggested a diet of white powdered donuts and Brach's bridge mix to fight off the virus. It has worked everywhere it has been tried. I am proof positive.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

No don't cut me please, I need employment and HIV meds!
Although I haven't seen anything for free from anywhere.
In fact as the ANC and their allies have robbed themselves into bankruptcy (they couldn't pay their own staff in December), and the state utilities and municipalities are collapsing, I think they're going to appropriate all our property eventually.

But targeted sanctions against individuals, arms embargoes, travel restrictions against certain parties and persons, freezing bank accounts - that might do us a huge favor as minorities in SA.
I mean, as a start for now.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

It sounds entirely reasonable to limit each American to only having a single bullet.

That way, they would be far more careful about the use of their precious bullet, and there would probably be far fewer fatal shootings.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
So, maybe we should cut all American aid to South Africa till these people learn to shut up. The people there will revolt against these jerks trying to disrupt the peace in their country. If they ask us nicely, we will target and destroy these people that are trying to force their people into submission.

Your country has no right to anything in their country.

That is what being a sovereign country means.

Pretoria offers no actual military threat to America.

Military action against people of differing views to your countries, in another country, is an act of war, which would make your country the bad guys going to war against another country that does not have the ability to defend itself against you.

So, to be true to your principles, you have to simply butt out.

edit on 26/1/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

America should cut aid from everyone to be honest. But, nope. We need those aids to keep those military bases in their country and piss everyone off. Even Venezuela said no to American aid. But the gov keeps forcing aid on them as some sort of excuse. Have you not thought of that?

Its call "Double standards." Say no we go in. Say yes we go in. Don't be complaining when the whole world invades US.

Just fking leave already. Leave Venezuela, leave Okinawa, leave Iraq and leave Syria. Stop endangering more Americans and American soldiers. The Military should be bearing arms against the generals right now who want to keep bases on others countries that don't want American soldiers in. That is how the Ancestors fought against the Brits in revolutionary war.

If people run from other countries let them run. Either that US generals need to unite and say no to creating new bases where people don't want even if it was invited by the Government of that country because we all know the Gov could be corrupt on its own ways like always.
edit on 26-1-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Military action against people of differing views to your country, in another country, is an act of war.

Yeah, we should not be interfering, we should also not be giving them one stich of aid. Right now, the Brits seem to control a lot of that country, our presence there is to assist the Brits be secure. The Brits do not belong there either. If these people need food, we should supply them with seeds and maybe drill them some wells, not hand them food that makes suppliers rich. Educate the people to take care of themselves. Right now, the aid actually benefits the government more than it benefits the people of that country.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I personally have suggested a diet of white powdered donuts and Brach's bridge mix to fight off the virus. It has worked everywhere it has been tried. I am proof positive.

I think you posted your response in the wrong thread. It happens occasionally to me but now before entering I actually scroll up to the title. I am always off topic, just how off topic is the big thing. I think you might have thought you were in the coronavirus thread.

If you are in the thread you want to be....I do not know what to say.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

a reply to: halfoldman

It sounds entirely reasonable to limit each American to only having a single bullet.

That way, they would be far more careful about the use of their precious bullet, and there would probably be far fewer fatal shootings.

/TrustedTruth changes mod to SniperOnly.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Ah well. One smart bomb, fifty South African Communist Party members.

It's all expectations.

On a serious note. These people are just parroting a tired old mantra, ignorant of the fact that communist groups and their pay-masters have caused huge harm in Africa.

link   
Isn’t this the same place that thinks it’s ok to kill people to acquire their farm land?

link   

Military action against people of differing views to your countries, in another country, is an act of war, which would make your country the bad guys going to war against another country that does not have the ability to defend itself against you.

dood, you seem to have lost it. The poster you are referring to is saying he want's to do exactly what you say. Butt out and stop interfering with our aid. We should stop interfering in their affairs, and yours as well. We don't need to bother any nation that doesn't like us.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Military action against people of differing views to your country, in another country, is an act of war.

Yeah, we should not be interfering, we should also not be giving them one stich of aid. Right now, the Brits seem to control a lot of that country, our presence there is to assist the Brits be secure. The Brits do not belong there either. If these people need food, we should supply them with seeds and maybe drill them some wells, not hand them food that makes suppliers rich. Educate the people to take care of themselves. Right now, the aid actually benefits the government more than it benefits the people of that country.

I thoroughly agree that the humanitarian aid should be distributed in a way that fairly gets it to those in need, rather than any group that is trying to use it as a tool for control. I don't however, think that such aid should be stopped.

I do think that a military presence is NOT called for. American troops should defend it's own borders, not its far-flung money making interests.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
In fairness though, there are also voices of "sanity" (as I would describe it), even in the ANC, such as Patrice Motsepe, a relative by marriage of President Ramaphosa.

He was "caught" (imagine ... "caught"!) making pro-American remarks to President Trump in Davos. Since then he has been ruthlessly torn to shreds by leftist parties and their mainstream media in South Africa.
www.iol.co.za...

What, making friends and influencing people; creating investment and jobs?
Being diplomatic.
Why the scandal!
Somebody bring that man a noose!
Well, that is the mainstream leftist narrative in SA (clearly not mine though).

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
America should cut aid from everyone to be honest. But, nope. We need those aids to keep those military bases in their country and piss everyone off.

What's this 'we' stuff? You're not an American.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Most of the money for humanitarian aid goes into the pockets of people providing the medicines and food to the people. Teaching these people how to more successfully provide for themselves is much better and it actually lowers their dependance on the USA. I know our government wants these people dependent on us to survive, but it doesn't have to be that way. Africa has water under the ground, we could drill many wells to help them instead of supplying them with bottled water, which I see in many of the ads they have out there of help being given to these people.

I thoroughly agree that the humanitarian aid should be distributed in a way that fairly gets it to those in need, rather than any group that is trying to use it as a tool for control. I don't however, think that such aid should be stopped.

I do think that a military presence is NOT called for. American troops should defend it's own borders, not its far-flung money making interests.

Most of the money for humanitarian aid goes into the pockets of people providing the medicines and food to the people. Teaching these people how to more successfully provide for themselves is much better and it actually lowers their dependance on the USA. I know our government wants these people dependent on us to survive, but it doesn't have to be that way. Africa has water under the ground, we could drill many wells to help them instead of supplying them with bottled water, which I see in many of the ads they have out there that are trying to get donations for helping the people in Africa. I watched a video on PBS and the woman said that helping these people get started is way better than us sending them a bunch of highly processed foods. She said that they drill wells for the people but money for that is scarce and it would be nice if we could help them help themselves. Also a few of the wells they did drill, were poisoned by some of the bad people there, causing a lot of problems. The terrorist groups do not want the people to be independent either, they want them to fear them.

Our presence is needed there to wipe out the bad groups of people that are making their people's lifes miserable. I think it should be an international venture though, not just Americans. Not all the people ruling the African countries are bad, but there are some and there are many groups that want to take over these countries and make the people bow down to them. We cannot allow that to happen. To do so would be inhumane.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Isn't there a little american in all of us?

Mine is called Eddy and he has a pretty strong opinion about the current political circus.

Peace
edit on 26-1-2020 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

dood, you seem to have lost it. The poster you are referring to is saying he want's to do exactly what you say. Butt out and stop interfering with our aid. We should stop interfering in their affairs, and yours as well. We don't need to bother any nation that doesn't like us.

I know you must necessarily take issue with what I say, but agreement with things the OP was posting does not demolish my argument in the slightest.

I was, in fact responding to a post by rickymouse about his statement that the US should "target and destroy these people that are trying to force their people into submission".

The protestors referenced in the article are calling for violence against America precisely because of the American attitude that they are somehow the world police.

Let me make things very clear, no matter how honorable and righteous you feel the crusade is, defending the human rights of people by killing them or oppressing them militarily, is perverted and evil.

And humanitarian aid is used a tool of the US for financial control. Just look at the countries which have issues of famine and real need, and where the US aid is pitifully inadequate. Those same countries have little to offer the US and the aid is therefore similarly apportioned. The pie is not apportioned according to the appetite.

Have a look at this page and sort by the amounts of aid given, and see if you agree that the aid is warranted there in relation to humanitarian need:

United States foreign aid
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join