It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside the horrific, inhumane animal markets behind pandemics like coronavirus

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

That's nastier than the bat. My stomach's churning over here.

I hope you didn't drink the wine after you dished the roaches out.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog
a reply to: Jay-morris

I am not saying that all Chinese people eat like that and I am not saying that all Chinese people eat at markets such as this. What I am saying is that for many hundreds of years we have grown in technological and scientific advancement that has shown us that keeping animals like this is not safe and is not necessary based on what we know. If the Chinese people want to eat dogs, mice, bats etc more power to them if that is the only source of protein they can get.

That said if they choose to eat those animals the Chinese Government should have some type of regulations on how they are kept in the markets and some type of evidence showing where they came from. To have Bats for example in cages sitting on top of ducks or cats where the droppings of bats have no where to go but on the animals below contaminating them and everything they touch is not the right way to go about it. I think there is a risk to the "safe" animals when "unsafe" environments are allowed to continue.

It is interesting that the Chinese Government would spend the Billions of dollars on ghost cities why can't they spend some of that money on providing modern marketplaces for the people to bring and store their goods properly. I would think that would be money better spent than a bunch of empty buildings

I agree with you. The government could do a lot more when it comes to animal welfare and how animals are treated. But more chinese people are waking up to this. Most places you eat in china are perfectly fine. Like i said, 3 years living and travelling china with no problems with food at all.
But I know it's not perfect.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Thanks for clearing that up. I’d never assume an entire population was eating or living the way most less than reputable media would have us believe.

Rural areas, yes I can believe that. Do you think it’s for a lack of resources? Eat what’s available mentality?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
When it comes to mass food production and the welfare of animals, elderly and veterans there is no perfect system, is there?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoxerBrawler
Thanks for clearing that up. I’d never assume an entire population was eating or living the way most less than reputable media would have us believe.

Rural areas, yes I can believe that. Do you think it’s for a lack of resources? Eat what’s available mentality?

I think it's just things they have been eating for centuries. Could say custum I guess. To them it's normal as eating any other meat or animal. It could also involve China going through famines and basically having to eat what they can get their hands on, and some of these people liked it.

When I lived in China, all I are was beef, chicken and pork dishes. I am not one to try new stuff and I certainly cannot eat something thst looked the same as it did alive.

For me, with all the countries I have been too, China has the best food in my own opinion. Supposed to be going back this summer eith my wife and daughter but can't now this year.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

When it comes to mass food production and the welfare of animals, elderly and veterans there is no perfect system, is there?

No there is not, and it depends who you talk too. Alot of people are against the way animals are treated in the West regarding argriculture farms.

Really, thst mskes me a hypocrite I guess because I am 100% against animal cruelty, but still eat meat from animals who suffered
A guess a lot of people are guilty of that.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Oh # that’s not true at all. I just replied to another post regarding this. I am not sure how to link it here but basically I said it’s entirely possible to love animals and eat them. We are all animals and animals eat other animals. It all depends on the life the animal had before it became food. Seen as a thing and treated poorly I don’t agree with. Treated ethically sure.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Here it was

You don’t have to be a vegetarian or vegan to love animals.

Vegans had a bad rap because some can act very superior and treat those who aren't vegan like they are monsters. It is a great thing to be a vegan because animal cruelty is such an important issue, and it is incredibly unnecessary for us to treat them with so much cruelty when it has been proven that there are alternatives. However, it does not mean we have to cut off using animal products completely.

I fully believe that for some being a vegan or vegetarian is a great thing that more people should consider. But I am also fully aware of how some in the vegan community can take their ethical views and alienate people who eat meat. This is not right.

I have seen slogans that say that “you can’t love animals if you eat them.” This is an incredibly ignorant and unfair thing to say.

It is not eating meat that is the problem. Humans eating meat is a part of the circle of life. Animals eat other animals. People always seem to forget that humans are also animals. There is nothing wrong with eating other animals. The thing is, humans can be cruel and greedy. It is okay for us to eat animals; it is not okay for us to mistreat those animals before we do so.

The problem is not eating meat. It is eating too much of it--which is not good for our environment--and allowing food industries to beat, confine, and basically poison the animals we eat. This is not healthy for anyone. Humans do not have to stop eating meat. What they can do is be more conscious of the companies they purchase it from, and how much they consume.

What you can do as a meat eater, as an animal lover, or as both (because you can be both), is make sure to buy meats that say free-range, with no added hormones, pasture-raised, grass-fed, organic, or with humane certifications. I know that there are those that argue that more ethical products are more expensive--but the thing is, ethical products are also far healthier, and by supporting their businesses, it will create an incentive for more companies to go the ethical route. It will expand the market for ethical products, which will eventually lead to lower prices.

And not all ethical products are more expensive.

Try not to write off those who consume animal products because, it is a part of the circle of life. The focus should not be trying to turn everyone into a vegan, but instead on creating more incentive and support for ethical products.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Here it was

You don’t have to be a vegetarian or vegan to love animals.

Vegans had a bad rap because some can act very superior and treat those who aren't vegan like they are monsters. It is a great thing to be a vegan because animal cruelty is such an important issue, and it is incredibly unnecessary for us to treat them with so much cruelty when it has been proven that there are alternatives. However, it does not mean we have to cut off using animal products completely.

I fully believe that for some being a vegan or vegetarian is a great thing that more people should consider. But I am also fully aware of how some in the vegan community can take their ethical views and alienate people who eat meat. This is not right.

I have seen slogans that say that “you can’t love animals if you eat them.” This is an incredibly ignorant and unfair thing to say.

It is not eating meat that is the problem. Humans eating meat is a part of the circle of life. Animals eat other animals. People always seem to forget that humans are also animals. There is nothing wrong with eating other animals. The thing is, humans can be cruel and greedy. It is okay for us to eat animals; it is not okay for us to mistreat those animals before we do so.

The problem is not eating meat. It is eating too much of it--which is not good for our environment--and allowing food industries to beat, confine, and basically poison the animals we eat. This is not healthy for anyone. Humans do not have to stop eating meat. What they can do is be more conscious of the companies they purchase it from, and how much they consume.

What you can do as a meat eater, as an animal lover, or as both (because you can be both), is make sure to buy meats that say free-range, with no added hormones, pasture-raised, grass-fed, organic, or with humane certifications. I know that there are those that argue that more ethical products are more expensive--but the thing is, ethical products are also far healthier, and by supporting their businesses, it will create an incentive for more companies to go the ethical route. It will expand the market for ethical products, which will eventually lead to lower prices.

And not all ethical products are more expensive.

Try not to write off those who consume animal products because, it is a part of the circle of life. The focus should not be trying to turn everyone into a vegan, but instead on creating more incentive and support for ethical products.

I like the way you think.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
There's a cultural tolerance of publicly visible animal cruelty in China. In the West, it's less accepted and largely concealed to protect the meat and dairy industries.

For lack of food regulation and hygiene (not to mention wildlife protection), the Chinese government is certainly culpable. In the West regulation was largely driven by grassroots campaigns and individual activists, neither of which are tolerated in China. The other driver is public outrage when multiple deaths result from lack of it.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
People have rights , but when their ignorance threatens everyone else’s way of life its time to go ! I hope this ignorance comes to an end ! China is trying so hard to be the tech giant of the world and their people eat like sewer rats ! Mother nature punishes stupidity!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SulfurMercurySalt
People have rights , but when their ignorance threatens everyone else’s way of life its time to go ! I hope this ignorance comes to an end ! China is trying so hard to be the tech giant of the world and their people eat like sewer rats ! Mother nature punishes stupidity!

Their people eat sewer rats? So you know every chinese person in China and what they eat? Do I know what every person eats in America, France, UK etc etc?

Seriously! Stop painting everyone In China with the same brush. You do not know them.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

Their people eat sewer rats? So you know every chinese person in China and what they eat? Do I know what every person eats in America, France, UK etc etc?

Seriously! Stop painting everyone In China with the same brush. You do not know them.
I worked in China ! I said “ they eat like sewer rats “ , but by default a sewer rat would eat another sewer rat ! Good show !

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

I worked in China ! I said “ they eat like sewer rats “ , but by default a sewer rat would eat another sewer rat ! Good show !
On what planet is China’s sanitary standards even close to those in the west ? In the west the lowest scored restaurants for cleanliness are the oriental ones ! More Chinese food shops are shut down in the US for sanitation violations than any other type !

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
I'm curious as to how they invented egg drop soup. Why do it and name it that when egg whites have no perceivable taste. Would it not taste the same without the egg? Or is it just a cool gimmick to make the connoisseur believe it is something special?

Protein and texture maybe? Without it, you're just eating (drinking) broth. Its probably named egg drop, because they "drop" an "egg" white into the spinning broth.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SulfurMercurySalt

So, while you were working in China, you met every chinese person? Is that how you know they eat like sewer rats?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SulfurMercurySalt

On what planet is China’s sanitary standards even close to those in the west ? In the west the lowest scored restaurants for cleanliness are the oriental ones ! More Chinese food shops are shut down in the US for sanitation violations than any other type !

Do you have the evidence to back that up?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I hope you didn't drink the wine after you dished the roaches out.

Quite plump and meaty aren't they at 3+ inches in length.

You kidden Me? I not only DIDN'T drink the wine but I put the unwashed glass into the garbage-recycle bin. Never to be used by any fellow human ever.

So much for those whatever's out there in MSM land starting to push for humans to eat insects.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

That video was gross and the workers , owners or whomevers don't seem to be bothered by it.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BoxerBrawler

Agree with you 1000%. You know only what you know as we are who we are. That's it. Thanks

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join