It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside the horrific, inhumane animal markets behind pandemics like coronavirus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Have your ever been to China? How about Hong Kong. So you like Chinese food? You do realize that it's Westernized Chinese food as NO ONE outside of China would touch their real Chinese "old school" food. Correct that huge scaly grey carp that's about three feet long steamed with its guts and eyeballs intact. Right. So Google image a Sea [slug] Cucumber. Yea it looks like a sweet potato or in simple language; a turd. They deep fry that too in old grease. I ate one over there. Yep it all took me about two bites as after I stuck a fork in it and white puss started flowing from it. Right! Onward to Shanghai McDonald's at 3:00AM

My point is that to survive they had to eat disgusting stuff. In doing so they seem to be immune to Westernized hygiene, sewers and ways and means. That's why they live in filthy conditions and you do realize they DO eat dogs, cats, rats, insects including flies, and many many more on that Chinese calendar.

So what comes with that territory. Filth and disgusting places to live and eat. Along with there subhuman treatment of animals. You know the story as how a nation treats its animals is how a nation treats its citizens.

Well here's the article which is to the point. I have been to and worked in China briefly. I also studied at Hong Kong University for several weeks for my MBA. I have been a boat in Hong Kong Harbor on a Saturday morning and have witnessed things I didn't know were possible for a human to do. Simply incredible and no its not like the PG rated James Bond movies.

Here we go:

Inside the horrific, inhumane animal markets

t’s a sickly, almost sweet and nauseating smell of death. Once inside, the fetid stench — made worse by blistering temperatures and zero refrigeration — is overwhelming, and it is places like this where the deadly coronavirus originated. In stall after stall, a mix of live and dead animals, which run the gamut from the known (pig, ox, duck, chicken) to the rare or unknown due to the condition of the carcass — stare back at you. In the wet areas of the market — usually reserved for fish and sea creatures and where the ground is slick with water and often blood — the stink is worse. The animals that have not yet been dispatched by the butcher’s knife make desperate bids to escape by climbing on top of each other and flopping or jumping out of their containers (to no avail). At least in the wet areas, the animals don’t make a sound. The screams from mammals and fowl are unbearable and heartbreaking.

They need to clean up their 1000 year act. They are also bringing it over to the USA. [SNIPPED]

edit on 26-1-2020 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 26-1-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on Sun Jan 26 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Is There Civilization Without Civility

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

The thing that got me most was seeing an image of the infamous bat soup. I haven't been so repulsed by an image in some time (at least one not made with the intent of shock value).

China is at an incredibly dangerous crossroads. They're a country with the money and power that can dwarf most western nations.... Yet they haven't had much time for their people to transition into what we'd call a civilized western society.

Mind you, these are growing pains we all went to that helped to lead to our sanitation standards. And many of us Western nations still have isolated pockets of people who still engage in practices we wouldn't deem safe or acceptable... I just feel like China's explosion into the global stage has been at a pace that may ultimately be their demise.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I know people have to eat, but my god this is horrific and discusting to my western mind! Perhaps the virus is nature's version of population control. I'll have a bowl of soylent green please

ETA This practice may be the death of us all
edit on 03 08 2017 by TimHeller because: confusion

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Yeah, those places are pretty disgusting.

We can acknowledge this for what it is and why they needed to do it, but as a fledging nation, they must move beyond old and archaic practices and embrace something better.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Looks like it was gutted and its own wings used as separaters to keep open its hallowed carcass, the Chinese can keep this disgusting habits, just keep it at home and don't go anywhere.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Looks like it was gutted and its own wings used as separaters to keep open its hallowed carcass, the Chinese can keep this disgusting habits, just keep it at home and don't go anywhere.

I've been trying to catch myself though. Implying all Chinese do this may be painting with one brush. They're a very large country with many different cultures and ethnicities. I'm sure they have regional differences like with us.

I've eaten some weird things, but never sky rat.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Sick show.

In my opinion, over the last 30 years in the USA in media and in courtrooms across the USA, the Westernized culture to break away from the slums of Europe and Asia the US developed a system of sewers and water. It was better than what the others had along with how we evolved into medicine, animal control, human factors and other. That has been under attack by whom? Either The Deep state or those others from Asia who seem to want to destroy the American model.

So on another tell me why the Chinese and India bring a Coal Power Plant on line in this century WITHOUT scrubbers and other pollution controls? Why, because they are as backwards as the deplorables in the USA. Those who are and continue to be ignorant. Its all about being generational.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I have eaten Prairie Oysters. I never knew until they told me. Never again after that 1st time.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It’s all a cultural difference, hygiene plays a huge role and availability of adequate food sources in a viable public health program. These markets are one of the major theorized future causes of a pandemic. I suppose if it’s prepared and housed correctly you could eat whatever you want, these wet markets that sell questionable or illegal food sources need to be regulated.

One of the major cultural differences I notice in medical research using vertebrate models is how they view animals.

They do not view them like other cultures, whether that be sacred or as a part of a family. They see them as tools to sustain life and build their research project. It causes many problems in our new investigators from China because they have to shift their societal norms to our regulatory standards and it is very difficult for them to rationalize taking the extra time in treating animal models humanely when they will be used during the study in the long run.
edit on 26-1-2020 by TheAMEDDDoc because: Typo

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

It was better than what the others had along with how we evolved into medicine, animal control, human factors and other. That has been under attack by whom?

It was better than what was in other countries because it was new, it served less people over a wider area over all.

Now America is becoming hugely populated, and not keeping up with
infrastructure at the same rate everywhere.

No one is interfering there but Americans.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If It ain't Steak,potato's,corn,beans,hamburgers,fries,pizza.

I don't eat it.

And no I've never been to China and never plan to. If I want to see a foreign society and see them eat crazy snip.

I'd fly to California for a weekend, but I disgress.

Communist regimes are off my place to visit list.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It's one thing to criticize food storage and preparation, but in my opinion entirely another thing to criticize people for their cultural choice of culinary diet.

Given China's population, maybe we should be thankful they eat a diverse set of things.

Just saying.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
It's one thing to criticize food storage and preparation, but in my opinion entirely another thing to criticize people for their cultural choice of culinary diet.

Given China's population, maybe we should be thankful they eat a diverse set of things.

Just saying.

Part of me agrees with you, because I said the same thing in a thread dealing with meat.

But some foods are just known to get humans sick. In big cities you're really playing with other people's health as well.

I know the world is complicated and I was lucky enough to be born in a cushy setting... But I think we should be able to reach out to other humans and say maybe bats, open air exotic meat markets, and sewage reclaim cooking oil may be bad for humanity as a whole in terms of pandemics.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

You should go combat try some "old school" Chinese cuisine and give it a go. Let us know how long you can keep it down. Especially after it moves inside your intestines. I also DON'T touch Sushi. Worms anyone?

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Yall dont know what you're missing! The Yulin dog meat festivle is the shizzle. They stuff dogs tightly in mesh csges cuz the fear makes the meat taste better. And i gotta agree.....mmmmmm.

www.animalsaustralia.org...

How old is Chinese culture? This is where they are?

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Here's a pic of several Palmetto Bugs [Roach] that I baited and trapped one night on rear porch in a suburb of Columbia, South Carolina. I used cheap box Cabernet Sauvignon by Franzia. At least that's what the box calls it. So I load up a glass and leave of it out overnight. They crawl in get drunk and drown in their pleasure.

Did you notice the wood stick I used to fish them out? Actually its a wood shim. I wont touch them with my bare hands. Never.

I will assume they would eat them also. Pickled Palmetto Eue de Sauvignon. I should bring it over there for test market trials as a delicacy

Thoughts?

edit on 26-1-2020 by Waterglass because: added pic

edit on 26-1-2020 by Waterglass because: aded

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

But sushi is sooooo goood. I love sushi, hopefully they freeze it first, which I’m sure reputable places will, cross contamination would be more likely. I’m sure some day helminths will come pouring out but at least it will help me pass height and weight.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

I hope so. I do eat raw oysters and clams. I just cant get the thought of tape worms out of my head. Sorry. One can get a tapeworm from simply eating grass.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Sushi is not raw fish. Sushi is rice prepared.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Never been to China. My wife went for the Beijing Olympics. She told me that toddlers didn't wear diapers and would just squat one out right on the side walk. She also didn't partake in the local cuisine. Her company wouldn't let them bring their laptops due to spying / theft.

The worst I've seen is a video in a Chinese market where a guy is skinning a cow alive. Literally just hacking off chunks of meat while the cow is squirming around on the ground. In another they were boiling live dogs.

Sure, the Chinese have some nice things about their culture, but let's not kid ourselves. They are about as backwards as our friends in the middle east.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join