It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Codex Alimentarius

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I apologize if this has been posted in this forum already.

Bowing and Scraping for the WTO

February 28, 2005

The World Trade Organization, which the United States joined in 1994, has been disastrous for American sovereignty. A tax bill passed last year provides a vivid example of just how blatantly Congress is surrendering our sovereignty to quasi-governmental bodies like the WTO. For years, high-tax Europe has objected to how we tax American companies on their overseas earnings. The EU took its dispute to the WTO grievance board, which voted in favor of the Europeans. The WTO ruling was clear: Congress must change American law to comply with European rules.

Make no mistake about it: WTO ministers tell Congress to change American laws, and Congress complies. In fact, congressional leaders obediently scrambled to make sure the corporate tax bill passed before a WTO deadline. Thousands and thousands of bills languish in committees, yet a bill ordered by the WTO was pushed to the front of the line.

You can read the rest here...........

www.house.gov...

[edit on 9-3-2005 by not_just_paranoid]

[edit on 9-3-2005 by not_just_paranoid]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Indeed it has been posted before and its bunkum

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The 'dr' spreading the hysteria about this stuff just happens to have a business of selling it. This 'new notice' is just the latest in a very very long line of hysteria over similar regulations.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
thank you, this came to my attention about a week ago, just didn't do anything with it.

WIth all the yelling and screaming that was around while Kerry was running for president about him wanting to give our sovereignty over to the UN, it will be interesting just what the republican congress and white house does with this one.......

They were quick to lay aside the Geneva Convention, so can they say no to this one also.....or will they do that which they accused Kerry of doing?

I'll glance over the other thread and see what it says I guess....thanks for the link, Nygdan.

join