It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a Smart Republican Too Much To Ask For?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Admitted

You might call it whining, but it's really a strategy. Every-time Dems attack him he would call them out. Every time they mention Russia, he will mention it is a hoax. What this does is forces the lemons to actually research the topic and when they do they will realize Trump is right.

Trump is playing high level chess, and it you haven't figure out what he has been doing which works because it drives up his poll numbers, then you are piss poor at chess. He intentionally baits them back to a subject where he knows he will win. It fairly obvious what he is doing. Only the people with TDS is too blind to see that he is playing them like a fiddle.
edit on 26-1-2020 by ambassado12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

You seem to be in denial about how divisive the Democrats are and right in the middle of a fully partisan impeachment attempt also?

Hatred and bigotry have always been a part of the Lefts repertoire. To be a hard core Democrat, you must also believe that you are smarter than everyone else and morally superior to everyone else. The more accurate statement on that is you must be willing to be a genuine bigot to be in the Democrats inner circle. If you are White, you even have to hate yourself to be a Democrat now. It's all about hate with the Left.

The Far Left operates completely devoid of basic critical thinking skills, the most important thing necessary to calling oneself intellectually superior. You literally have to believe in obvious lies or be willing to lie about what you believe.

The Right however, uses brute force, which is not much better to be honest. Which is why the smartest people IMO are in fact Independents and the most moral people could never be partisan.

The Far Right, although shunned by 99% of the Right and rightly so, are the Neanderthals, but again they are not dumb. They have to import people from all over the country to fill a small venue, but the Democratic leaders all lie about them and claim all Republicans are racists. I mean really, how sick of a person do you have to be to defame innocent people like that? I'm old enough to remember when Democrats wore their hatred of Blacks on their sleeves like a badge of honor and now they rewrite history and lie to the kids, instead of teaching them real history. Now they just treat Blacks like they are all illiterate and helpless which is a form of hate just as bad as when they wore hoods to the National Democratic Convention way back when. That went on well into the late 1960's and beyond.

Both parties get away with the carefully orchestrated hate, because of voter apathy.

Democrats give you a fish, Republicans teach you to fish. A starving person needs both a fish right now and to learn to fish for the future. Independents recognize that.

We Independents make the decisions in the end. No Democrat or Republican can be President without our support. If you want a smart President, you would have to look to Independents and partisans are so out of touch, they don't realize we took over long ago. We control 40% of the vote and unlike partisans, we vote based on real things, rather than emotion and illiteracy.

Trump is and idiot and a creep, but he's done a good job between tweets and so far he's been good for the country. His opponents are lying, hate spreading jerks who want to control everyone and move towards the Chinese model with no ethics. Take your pick. You can't win, but you can ignore the emotions and brainwashing and come to a logical decision.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Like asking for an "educated" Democrat? Define "smart" OP.
A lib asking for a "smart" Republican. Is like an American asking for a "smart" politician.
They don't exist. They never will,.... to an American.
To an American,... politicians exist at our pleasure. They can be removed at anytime. By being "fired" (voted out) at the polls. Or removed by force, in a more unpleasant way. .. We are a Republic, not a "democracy"... We are a Republic of "law". The "majority" of idiots, have no say. It is that simple!

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted
It's a bit much to respond to. The Trump love here is overwhelming.
But the basics: Yes I do blame Trump for the divisiveness. He stokes that flame every chance he gets.
And to those saying he has backbone and "hits back", he's a counter-puncher...B.S. He is the whiniest person I've ever seen. If he had a backbone none of the attacks against him would phase him at all.

Yes and so was Xerxes love; or Hannible the Destroyer's love or Genghis Khan's love. Who is tossing thought bomb grenades here that destroy civilizations? Paradigm shifts occur; what is your problem with change?

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
A Republic not a Democracy.

POS are the ones who refuse to accept they lost.

originally posted by: Liquesence

People seem to like Trump because he "gets things done" and "takes it to the libs."
To the former, he *does* get things done, but he does it at the expense of democracy. He, and many of his supporters, believe he can do *anything* he wants, Constitution and checks and balances be damned. He believes he has sole power, and can do whatever he wants, with no accountability, just like a dictator, or a king, which is exactly why we have the government and the checks and balances on power that we do. That is the danger.

During the primary, I thought Kasich was the most reasonable and level headed Republicans. He was also one of the first to drop out because he was polling so poorly. That is telling about the GOP, when combined with the fact that a demagogue like Trump got the nomination and won and is still supported by a largely ignorant base.

In many aspects, Trump rides the heels of Obama (economy, jobs), while both taking credit for and undoing things that affect us all: elimination of clean water/clean air standards, national monuments open to corporate development, and undermining who we are as a nation: travel bans, discrimination, the free press, hate, division, enemy of the people, little transparency, consolidation of executive power, coddling dictators and undermining, disparaging, and criticizing and severing our long held ties with allies.

He has no respect for America or the Constitution. He is a selfish POS that people rally around because MAGA and Libs Bad. That is the danger.

If affects all of us.

edit on 26-1-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I'm 90% certain Trump will win re-election... he is great for our economy at the expense of ruining our democracy.

Quoted for irony.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Let me get this straight, you don't like trump because he lies? Which campaign promises did he lie about? Compare and contrast with every president we've had in the last 50 years. You see, trump doesn't lie, at least not about things that matter. Especially compared to career politicians. What you are susceptible to is the media smearing him, they've got you all tied in knots thinking he's divisive when really they're the divisive ones.

Does trump say inflammatory things sometimes, sure. But so do you and so do I and so does any person who isn't faking a public persona of perfection. That's what most people who like trump find refreshing about him, that he's normal, not a focus group caricature of what a president should be.

I bet you thought obama was a great president, publicly. Not necessarily policy wise, but that obama said and acted how you expected a president to speak and act. Did you see the video of obama showing his erection off to all the female reporters on AF1? No? Who would have thought, the press covered for him. Obama used the IRS to go after his political opponents. Clinton sold state secrets to the highest bidder, diddled interns IN THE OVAL OFFICE! And you have a problem with trump being "divisive?"

Can we not have an intelligent Republican? Someone who says what he means and does what he says? Someone who loves the country more than himself?

You have him. He's trump. You hate him.
edit on 27-1-2020 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   

a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I live in North Dakota, why would I care about Feinstein?

Get real.

This is about the leader of our country.

I hope her guys didn't steal information about those Nuclear Silos in the Dakota's. You know the spy she had working with her and China discovered last year?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoseGarcia

a reply to: DBCowboy

What we need is someone to do their job. Absolutely.

Everything you said is 100%.

Even the ebola and stinging of jellyfish.

They do hate us, and despise us. You speak a lot of truth. Trump is just one of those. Prodding us, lying, being that ass.

Why can't a Republican do that and not be an idiot? I hate the guy. Good for my 401k...but I can't tolerate him representing me.

I don't think you hate TRUMP at all. You hate a MSM generated cardboard cutout caricature of Trump that's 99.99% FALSE

All right Jose you have a keen mind for the problem at hand sir. Thanks for the truth that cannot be denied once it is spoken.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   

And this "orange man bad" is just...so goddamn stupid...

he isn't bad. he's just dumb. I don't care what color he is.

We see who is dumb!
If dumb is what you picked up then we know you missed the boat when it left the shore.

Anything but dumb. Dumb was trying for 3 years to get away with FISA abuse the FBI just pulled off and were caught lying about BIG TIME!

Dumb is Nadler, Shiff for brains getting up repeating their fake stories and NEVER produces one fact they claimed to have overwhelming bombshells that might put POTUS in jail even.

We see who is dumb!
edit on 27-1-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

So I guess to recap the thread so far....

Is a smart voter too much to ask for?

THAT is what is destroying your "democracy" right now.

You vote and don't even understand what your own government is.

I am beginning to think a test before you can vote. These people were probably not taught the COTUS like we were. It is apparent they never felt the sting of tyranny but are willing to test it out . Aren't they testing it out already and some have seen it for what it is and have exited the progressives while others get their masks and helmets ready?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
You have fallen into the abyss of the millennial high school popularity emotion train. Feely good hollow opinion. Grow up. Not everyone who is capable of running the country will be a bowing do nothing senseless LEMEL. TRUMP will not let other countries have their way with us. We have been the milk cow of the world and now it STOPS. Bad trade deals stopped. Illegal immigration and flooding of the worlds cast offs slowing down but could be better. A terrorist general dead. Isis slowed down. More black Americans working than ever before and hispanics also. Need I go on.

Would you rather have smooth talking gracious do nothings in charge. What we really have had is deep state lackeys put up to kill this country. Obama, Bushes and Clintons. Regan fought Marxist ideology but look what happened there. In his first months of office he WAS SHOT!! This was done to put that idiot G.H.W. Bush in office, A NEW WORLD ORDER SKULL AND BONES ASS HOLE. Trump has watched all this from the side lines for years and now makes his play. He is MORE FOR THIS COUNTRY THAN YOU THINK!!! Wake up and quit with the minutia and leaning to the emotionally controlling Left Marxists.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
I don't think you hate TRUMP at all. You hate a MSM generated cardboard cutout caricature of Trump that's 99.99% FALSE

All right Jose you have a keen mind for the problem at hand sir. Thanks for the truth that cannot be denied once it is spoken.

Thank you for saying so. I did think later that 99.99% was slight hyperbole. LOL. Probably more like 97% false. KEK.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

We see who is dumb!
If dumb is what you picked up then we know you missed the boat when it left the shore.

Anything but dumb. Dumb was trying for 3 years to get away with FISA abuse the FBI just pulled off and were caught lying about BIG TIME!

Dumb is Nadler, Shiff for brains getting up repeating their fake stories and NEVER produces one fact they claimed to have overwhelming bombshells that might put POTUS in jail even.

We see who is dumb!

INDEED. Statements like "Trump is dumb" leave me thinking some folks are not just on a different planet, they're in a different galactic cluster.

I've watched people intensely maybe since 3 years old when I constantly pestered mother about why people did what they did. Most students & people I've worked with insist I'm a well above average psychologist.

I do tend to pay a lot of attention to nuance, foundational values, priority patterns of behavior, authenticity of character etc.

On about every measure I can think of, TRUMP is well above, greatly above ANY other President in my lifetime back to & including Ike.

If I was assigned by God to 'design' a President for the horrendous needs of the USA at this time, I could not design a better man than Trump. God did a great job in designing Trump & in conditioning him & then in assigning Melania to help finish him off spiritually & for this job.

He's somewhat of a collection of paradoxes. In a lot of respects he's a more authentic elite billionaire than average such. Yet he disdained to pal around with his architects & bankers and preferred to have lunch down on the job site with the blue collar laborers. He drew them out on their ideas, perspectives about the job & the building. THEN HE FOLLOWED THEIR SUGGESTIONS most typically. He later noted, they saved him a LOT of money.

That's very rare. That is a HUGE testimony of his humility as well as brilliance & wisdom. It's also a great bit of evidence of his character & humanity.

And when he meets with people--particularly a group for input--he doesn't just take the surface initial comments. NOPE. He DIGS almost relentlessly until he's gotten every last shred of input of any substance possible from everyone in the room. He's almost obsessive about it. THAT is NOT arrogance.

Yeah, he's authoritative. He might have some slight human tendencies to be authoritarian but he keeps that much in check and is far more authoritative. He REALLY likes to end up with win-win results. He knows that coercion & forcing things that don't fit have costly consequences.

He's more brilliant & wiser on that score than any other well known leader I know of, by far.

And he has an enormously big, compassionate heart. It almost floods out every pore spontaneously, in a wide variety of situations. As compassionate as he is, it's almost a surprise that he has any money left from being so kind & generous to so many people quietly, behind the scenes, unknown to most others. Again, that's not pride. That's not phony. These are people who can do him no to little good.

That he had as many divorces & still managed to raise incredibly good kids--particularly sons--is absolutely amazing, to me. There must have been some amount of Attachment Disorder--but they don't seem to show it--certainly not much. There's no record I know of--of addictions--unless it's to work.

And the guy can have fun. Even his work is fun to him. His sense of humor can be a bit askew at times but he has a great sense of humor.

And his applications of Sun Tzu are truly & fittingly legendary.

He is truly one incredible guy. His rally attendees are but one major evidence of that.

Their responses to him & he to them are richly authentic up one side & down the other. His rallies are one genuine LOVE FEST after another. That did not occur with JFK. JFK was adored & almost worshiped by groupies but that was not like Trump's impact on folks. Trump's is several orders of magnitude greater. A wide variety of 'the common man' as well as the not so common literally love Trump as they would a very beloved brother, father.

They are deeply & intensely thankful for his hard work; for risking his life day in & day out; for his obviously big heart; for his brilliance; for listening to them; for his thick intense patriotism; & for rescuing them, their jobs & the USA from the Marxist globalists' shove down the chute to hell.

Anyway, I like him. I love him. I highly respect him. Maybe it shows.

edit on 2712020 by JoseGarcia because: capitalization

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I am beginning to think a test before you can vote. These people were probably not taught the COTUS like we were. It is apparent they never felt the sting of tyranny but are willing to test it out . Aren't they testing it out already and some have seen it for what it is and have exited the progressives while others get their masks and helmets ready?

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

The Marxist globalist oligarchy's effectiveness with their decades long MSM mass brainwashing has been incredible to watch & see all my adult life. And to see how brazen and shockingly effective it is at this point in time is also disturbingly incredible. I've read about such and studied such since 1965 and still it is incredible to me. Bertrand Russell noted many decades ago what they were going to do and they've largely done it.

Except for Trump, we'd have been mere months to a few years from literal Draconian Marxist tyranny & genocidal depopulation projects. HRC was blood-lust eager to bring it on. Soros still is. Why the military assigned to take him out has delayed that op is beyond me. He is a cruel satanist Marxist from hell bragging about destroying the USA & lesser countries. He'd love nothing better than to bring the Anti-Christ full force overtly onto the world stage.

Have pondered the voting thing a long time. Seems to me, wisdom would dictate Constitutional amendments setting up:

1. Basic IQ requirement for voting.
2. Basic reading comprehension test for voting.
3. Basic logic test for voting.
4. Basic test on the Constitution & current affairs for voting.
5. No significant trouble with the law beyond parking/speeding tickets for the last 20 years for voting.
6. No memberships in groups seeking to overthrow our system of government.

I'd also like to see office candidates qualify for the following:

1. Be in the top 7% of a humility rating for folks in their region, sphere empirically measured. That would solve a huge number of disasters politically.

2. Be in the top 15% on selflessness empirically measured.

3. Be in the top 20% on seeking to build toward the good of the community vs their own kingdoms--empirically measured.

4. If wealthy--does their use of wealth show generosity vs greed--empirically measured.

5. If not wealthy--are they greedy for wealth?

6. How would the lowest ranking person under them rank them on such things & other character traits?

7. How well did they rear their kids?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ansuzrune
You have fallen into the abyss of the millennial high school popularity emotion train. Feely good hollow opinion. Grow up. Not everyone who is capable of running the country will be a bowing do nothing senseless LEMEL. TRUMP will not let other countries have their way with us. We have been the milk cow of the world and now it STOPS. Bad trade deals stopped. Illegal immigration and flooding of the worlds cast offs slowing down but could be better. A terrorist general dead. Isis slowed down. More black Americans working than ever before and hispanics also. Need I go on.

Would you rather have smooth talking gracious do nothings in charge. What we really have had is deep state lackeys put up to kill this country. Obama, Bushes and Clintons. Regan fought Marxist ideology but look what happened there. In his first months of office he WAS SHOT!! This was done to put that idiot G.H.W. Bush in office, A NEW WORLD ORDER SKULL AND BONES ASS HOLE. Trump has watched all this from the side lines for years and now makes his play. He is MORE FOR THIS COUNTRY THAN YOU THINK!!! Wake up and quit with the minutia and leaning to the emotionally controlling Left Marxists.

Well put.

It still boggles my mind that anyone would fail to see the obvious points you make.

Blind ignorant Kool-Aid saturated Eloi, lemmings, sheeple shuffling off to the Morlach's caverns for dinner as the main course seems to be the norm. Incredible.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Mmmm no. Republicans teach you to fish in the proscribed artificial little fish pond that they will make you believe is the real world. Believing that rolling back environmental protections is in the better interest of businesses? That’s an artificial construct. Much of the way Republicans expect people to fish is actually only for the benefit of existing financial structures and market forces that are antiquated unfortunately. This is also why despite being a hard and productive worker I haven’t seen any pay increase or benefit under Trump whatsoever. I also am self employed and in my current situation I don’t have a 401k to be reaping the benefits of his presidency—and neither do most of the people the Republican Party is supposedly teaching to fish. Fishing isn’t for everyone, especially if it’s just part of the system benefitting the wealthy and the bad habits our country already has.

I miss real critical thinking on ATS. It’s become such an echo chamber. Confirmation bias is real and it’s hardly worth even coming here anymore.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoseGarcia

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

The Marxist globalist oligarchy's effectiveness with their decades long MSM mass brainwashing has been incredible to watch & see all my adult life. And to see how brazen and shockingly effective it is at this point in time is also disturbingly incredible. I've read about such and studied such since 1965 and still it is incredible to me. Bertrand Russell noted many decades ago what they were going to do and they've largely done it.

Except for Trump, we'd have been mere months to a few years from literal Draconian Marxist tyranny & genocidal depopulation projects. HRC was blood-lust eager to bring it on. Soros still is. Why the military assigned to take him out has delayed that op is beyond me. He is a cruel satanist Marxist from hell bragging about destroying the USA & lesser countries. He'd love nothing better than to bring the Anti-Christ full force overtly onto the world stage.

Have pondered the voting thing a long time. Seems to me, wisdom would dictate Constitutional amendments setting up:

1. Basic IQ requirement for voting.
2. Basic reading comprehension test for voting.
3. Basic logic test for voting.
4. Basic test on the Constitution & current affairs for voting.
5. No significant trouble with the law beyond parking/speeding tickets for the last 20 years for voting.
6. No memberships in groups seeking to overthrow our system of government.

I'd also like to see office candidates qualify for the following:

1. Be in the top 7% of a humility rating for folks in their region, sphere empirically measured. That would solve a huge number of disasters politically.

2. Be in the top 15% on selflessness empirically measured.

3. Be in the top 20% on seeking to build toward the good of the community vs their own kingdoms--empirically measured.

4. If wealthy--does their use of wealth show generosity vs greed--empirically measured.

5. If not wealthy--are they greedy for wealth?

6. How would the lowest ranking person under them rank them on such things & other character traits?

7. How well did they rear their kids?

The funny thing is, I’m as liberal as they come and I would agree with this pre-screening 100%.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ravenshadow13

The funny thing is, I’m as liberal as they come and I would agree with this pre-screening 100%.

Am VERY humbled by your kind affirmation of those items.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ravenshadow13

You missed my entire point I believe. You're just making a Left Wing argument that has nothing to do with my point, which shows it flew over your head.

Both parties are a mess. Neither is worth following. Both use hate as the basis for their messages to voters. Both lie to voters. Both parties are led by a rogues gallery of power mad narcissists who look down on We the Little People and who have long ago abandoned any ideals. True statesperson's are as rare as feathers on a frog.

Making arguments as an Independent to partisans is difficult to do. Partisans tend to believe you have to be either Left or Right which is false logic. In fact there are demonstrably more moderates in the country than partisans, but we don't engage in the mud slinging hate fest, so we tend to be ignored, even though we decide who wins.

In my humble opinion, not belonging to either party is the result of good critical thinking skills. An inability to compromise and feeling the need to defame one another is hardly clear thinking. Two negatives give a negative.

The very best leaders this country has to offer are people who would never run for office, so we get this mess the party system created. The consummate dog and pony show.

Both parties farts actually do smell equally bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join