It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People love to panic maybe its not time to start prepping

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: dfnj2015

For once I agree with you.

I am completely unconcerned about this Chinese coronovirus.

There are so many other things that can kill you like too much alcohol, tobacco products, unclean drinking water. Maybe it's a huge threat but maybe it isn't.

I survived the end of the world yet again t-shirt

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
So, they are blaming old people who have defunct immune systems old age death on the Flu now? You can't use that to justify flu shots, a flu shot does not protect people who have a failed immune system. Any kind of disease can kill these people, blaming it on the flu is not correct.

At the senior center the people giving the shots come right out and tell the elderly that the shot may not work because it requires a properly working immune system and many old people naturally have immune systems that are too weak. Also some meds can block a person's immune system from protecting them.

When my immune system does get bad, I will still not get a flu shot, why....because it won't work. One good thing is that if my immune system fails the chances of getting a cytokine storm is gone. Maybe when I am eighty I will be able to get a flu shot without it making me sick as a dog.

Kids get protection from their mothers milk which contains a lot of immune boosting and antigen chemistry. Oh yeah, remember when they said formula was way better than a mothers milk....that was a lie that lasted for over thirty years. I have seen way too much deceit to believe in people making huge profits from their deceit. I consider what they say and research it to make an informed opinion. But I consider family history and all the medical failures they did over the years too. Remember, the number one killer of people in this country is misdiagnosis and pharmacology side effects.

When I started studying pharmacology I thought it was going to impress me how far they have come....instead I got disgusted at what I was finding some times. Yes, medicines if prescribed correctly can help people, but because it is so profitable to deceive people into fearing sickness, they are getting rich off of people not knowing the whole story.

It really got bad when the Pharma companies started to advertise on TV, convincing people to ask for expensive drugs to make the doctors prescribe these meds. Doctors are nice most times, they want to please the patient too, good bedside manner is important. If I was a doctor, I would have very few patients because I would not have good bedside mannor. I used to be a person who bent over backwards to please people, but learned that reinforcing people's delusions just to keep a friend being a friend is not a way that a true friend would do it. I tell my friends when they are messing up, I warn them that they may be on the wrong path. Usually after they think about it over night, they come to the same conclusion. Of course, it is harder to do with women, they will seek out others to reinforce their beliefs more than guys do. Us guys, we laugh it off and make light of the fact that we got sucked into something because guys are idiots sometimes. And you women don't think us guys listen to you, we do, but do not admit you are a necessary Asset.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlbBlack

Best to be prepared and not need to be then unprepared and need to be, no?

I think perspective means you prepare for what may actual happen. You will probably live longer by not drinking alcohol or using tobacco products than prepping for the the coronavirus.

"The coronavirus has killed at least 41 people and infected some 1,400 since its discovery in the city of Wuhan"

It's a question of probabilities.

"What is the coronavirus? A coronavirus is a family of viruses which include the common cold."

People die from the flu all the time. I don't think it's something you can prep for successfully.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: MarlbBlack

Best to be prepared and not need to be then unprepared and need to be, no?

I think perspective means you prepare for what may actual happen. You will probably live longer by not drinking alcohol or using tobacco products than prepping for the the coronavirus.

"The coronavirus has killed at least 41 people and infected some 1,400 since its discovery in the city of Wuhan"

It's a question of probabilities.

"What is the coronavirus? A coronavirus is a family of viruses which include the common cold."

People die from the flu all the time. I don't think it's something you can prep for successfully.

Obviously you are right it's likely not to be bad at here at all. I'm more likely to get struck by lightning than attacked by a shark doesn't mean I'm gonna be unprepared and swim in the ocean with a bleeding wound.

Lol let me ask you this, do you have kids and a family ie or other people you are responsible for? When I was alone my preparations were practically nil. But when I have a wife/girlfriend and kids elderly parents your perspective changes
And really it's not even preparing for you getting the flu, it's being prepared in case, it gets worse and you can't get out like you normally would.

You lose power for 3-4 days in the house with your girlfriend and your 4 teenage daughters you had better have a plan to eat 12 individual meals a day, drink plenty of water, sleep, entertain and go to the bathroom, etc. all along with any other minor ailments and emergencies that may pop up. Done it both ways prepared and unprepared it's better to be a little bit prepared.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Tucker did a spot on Wu-Flu (or Kung Flu - like that one better) last night. One of the two talking heads he had on said there was a vaccine in the works, but it might take a few months. It really depends on if they think it will work at all. You can thank our military though; they'll be the guinea pigs.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BillyJoeeOzark
There are molecular biology forums where we are tracking this. The dead count is well over 10k atm. This thread will not age well.

I know that CT's often like to make claims without proof so I'm going to ask you, what is your proof of the dead count being well over 10k atm?

Sorry someone saying "dead count well over 10k atm" isnt proof.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I don’t care what you believe. It’s not a job of mine to convince you. You can buy membership to journals and access the message boards if you want.

Heck or at least look at Twitter at the nurses and des smuggling videos our telling people that the infected in Wuhan is now well over 100k and the deaths are uncountable.

What you do with your time is up to you buddy.

Edit..: “
[unsourced quote removed]

Happy?
edit on 25-1-2020 by BillyJoeeOzark because: (no reason given)

Pictures of Chinese army carting off dead bodies are emerging. Bodies supposedly being incinerated.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
Posting work written by others
edit on Sat Jan 25 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
Get your groceries delivered.

And if the delivery person is infected and doesn't know it? Yeah, that's a great idea.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
No reason to panic.

Move along
twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
There is nothing at all wrong with being prepared for this as the prep is also very useful in any other SHTF situation. We just had a nasty few weeks with temps hovering around -40 C up here in Alberta with heavy snow. A stockpile of food and other supplies would be a godsend, right?

Dunno if you've ever felt -40 and below, but it is not pleasant. Just a few seconds of being outside and your skin is starting to freeze. Going outside is dangerous and many of us had vehicles that would not start, so walking anywhere is foolhardy. Prepping is never wrong, so why the negativity in this case?

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BillyJoeeOzark
a reply to: opethPA

I don’t care what you believe. It’s not a job of mine to convince you. You can buy membership to journals and access the message boards if you want.

Heck or at least look at Twitter at the nurses and des smuggling videos our telling people that the infected in Wuhan is now well over 100k and the deaths are uncountable.

What you do with your time is up to you buddy.

Edit..: “
[unsourced quote removed]

Happy?

Pictures of Chinese army carting off dead bodies are emerging. Bodies supposedly being incinerated.
IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
Posting work written by others

Got it, so you have no proof to back up your claim.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BillyJoeeOzark

Noy saying it ain't legit just the source is questionable, have seen videos elsewhere without all the extra htperbole

Max Howroute▫️
@howroute
filmmaker • writer(tv) • comedian • actor • animator • activist • journalist • i make original films • the world is changing and we are the world...

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
A little perspective:

"The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that flu kills between 250,000 and 500,000 people around the world every year."

Here is some information on from an article on the coronavirus:

"Among the first 17 victims were 13 men and four women. All were identified only by their last names. The youngest was a 48-year-old woman, Yin, who died on Monday, more than a month after her symptoms were first recorded. The oldest cases were two 89-year-old men who died on Saturday and Sunday. The median age was 75.

Many had underlying conditions like cirrhosis of the liver, hypertension, diabetes and Parkinson’s disease. Most spent more than a week in hospitals, with some undergoing treatment for a month or longer. But two died just four days after they were admitted.

While much about the virus remains unknown, medical experts found some positive signs in the fact that the disease did not appear to be killing young and otherwise healthy people."

It sounds like the people who died from the coronavirus were already sick with something.

www.nytimes.com...
Yes yes, this is all very true and everyone knows it, including the Chinese. They are not stupid. So why the unprecedented panic? Think about it. This is damaging China’s economy massively, an economy that is no longer roaring like a dragon. Would they do what they are doing just to halt a nasty version of a cold/flu? I doubt it. Nothing wrong with being prepared.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   

You're right. Those numbers do seem small and insignificant.

Perhaps you should ask Chairman Xi why his government is total panic mode over such an apparent non-issue?

It's not like they would lie about the severity of it to save face on the world stage...

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   
It’s not time to worry yet, why freak out and strain the system when it’s not an issue. There is the potential for this to hit H1N1 magnitude but we don’t know, it could mutate and die out or or mutate and increase virulence.

The problem is we do not really know how it will impact western nations. These are entirely different public health systems, the foundations of all healthcare. China will make it look worse because they have an increased disparity of health, look at some of their protein sources, bats, dogs, snakes. A population without a viable source of protein and water is doomed, a host with inadequate protein intake will have a garbage immune system and it will be overwhelmed.

In China, even India, you will see exaggerated transmission rates due to population density, increased mortality rates due to poor public health programs and inaccurate reporting due to a less stringent public health reporting system.

The only way we will know if it is a problem in other nations is if it starts spreading through stable aerosol or environment transmission from the few that are infected over here. With students returning to schools from China, we should know that answer pretty soon.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
many of the simple easy steps people can take right now can be used in other ways as well, having germ X or something similar at home cant hurt, practicing good hygiene helps with all types of sickness, having a box of the N95 around if flu season gets bad in your area is also not a bad thing.

now running out and buying expensive respirators, or drugs, or chemical/biological gear yea no there is no need right now, captain tripps isn't out of the box yet.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I know that CT's often like to make claims without proof so I'm going to ask you, what is your proof of the dead count being well over 10k atm? Sorry someone saying "dead count well over 10k atm" isnt proof.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Who do you believe? The Chinese government or the doctors and nurses treating those with the virus?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Is this real? Or is it a 'fake' video? Everything about this outbreak is being played down, yet for every calming statistic given by government mouthpiece, there is an equivalent medical mouthpiece stating the opposite.

We know the government will publicly decry virus armageddon, but secretly inform other governments of how bad things are to a degree, but will not risk a hit to their economy, and seek to undertake damage control.

So, who and what do you believe?

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Strange that people don't consider the collateral consequences of something like this.

A quarantine a fifty to a hundred million people doesn't happen every day in the world's second-largest economy. In fact, it has never happened in your lifetime.

Food for thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join