It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free College & Loan Forgiveness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
To make matters worse forgiveness doesn’t matter much

A lot of them won’t be able to pay anyway.

The government wasn’t getting its money back .

Do you wonder why half the college kids are running around hyperventilating and seeking out safe Spaces .

They align their education to their feelings instead of what’s practical . They chose subjects they already believed in and it reinforced their beliefs about the evil unjust world .

A sociology or a liberal arts degree isn’t a money maker .

I talked to a few about that their general reply was.

I don’t need to make money I would rather help .
Pfffft

So we’ve got a good portion of the generation who’s

edit on 25-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Yes it makes total sense to want literal kids to take out loans for 80,000 dollars at 5 percent interest rates just to compete with HB-1 visa holders for positions that won’t pay off the loan or it’s interest.

There are some ways to solve this dilemma.
A: college degrees from the United States take president over HB-visa holders when it comes to hiring and every HB-visa employee has a penalty which has to be paid by the corporations that hire them.
B: evaluate the total cost of actual education! nobody is receiving 120,000 dollar education in non stem fields with the ability to pay it back and even still it’s unethical to even give the loan like the housing crisis if you made 600 dollars a month you can’t afford a 6 bedroom home for 800,000.
C: allow bankruptcy on student loans like all the lying boomers who fill up this place claiming they paid off their student debt! Most of you didn’t and even still if you did it was in a different market and was extremely cheaper than now with lower interest rates.
D: extend education from high school to bachelors degree anything past a BS,BA has to be paid back and is deductible through taxes.

Education insurance: if you graduate and can’t find a job within that field the education is free, of course you will need to show proof that you tried to obtain the position after graduation, I know white guys who have been turned away from technical jobs because some strange diversity quota how do you expect them to get jobs if your waiting for a wheelchair bound, African American, transgender person to magically appear and want the job.

Mandatory degree positions, no company can just fling anybody into any position you must have the degree to even be hired to fill in that position.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
To extend on what I said about mandatory education degree in the position- you must have a degree to be in that position- most not all people with no degree in a high level position do a sh!t job for years and everyone else has to pick up the slack. It’s usually nepotism in some form or another that got them there. That means that without a degree you can’t use work experience to obtain a position.

Also no creating one position where the person has to wear 17 hats! boomers never saw that while they learned on the job 30 to 40 years ago I knew I have talked to many of them about it.Positions need to be non negotiable employers have been pulling everyone leg about it giving the employee leverage when 99.9 percent of the time this works in their favor at driving wages down. You work as a janitor the max you make is 20 an hour no less no more across the country unless you go to college get a degree in admin and become in charge of a janitor crew than your wages go up. You get a master’s degree it automatically jumps again within reason.

The private sector compared to government employees is a joke. 45 dollars an hour to clean a floor on prevailing wage while an actual electrician gets paid 60 an hour and if you go to the private sector the janitor gets 13 an hour and the electricians get 28 it’s a bad joke

I know a lot of small business people will claim they would go out of business but if you own a home, a car put your kids through college and some of your employees can’t even make rent your an asshole.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Your close, but not quite right.

The entire rise in prices is due to the change in law that made student loans non dischargeable in bankruptcy.

Reverse that law and the problem goes away - no taxpayer bailout required.

Why, lenders will actually care if the person they lending too has a good chance to pay them back, this will reduce the amount they are willing to loan and will drive down costs, it’s not complicated.

It pisses me off Trump has not spoke about this.
edit on 25-1-2020 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   
How would this be fair to the people who chose to go to schools that they could afford and then worked like crazy to pay off their loans.

Or are you just going to give money to everyone who went to college.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join