It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Impeachment Trial: Did you watch it all so far?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I would strongly urge you to watch the Defense's opening statement. Short (2 hours) and to the point. It relies pretty heavily on testimony entered into evidence by the managers from the house hearings. If you watched all the house testimony, you'll know that there is much of it that either doesn't support the house narrative or flat out refutes it.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Nope.
I'd rather watch cartoons.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
I had fox on all day every day out of habit .

But after three years of listening to the Dems the impeachment was just background noise .

Like the proverbial waterfall I just tuned it out .

There’s not even any suspense, everybody knows the outcome .

It’s like putting AOC up against Ben Schapiro and betting on who says something stupid first .

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Goedhardt

I tried to watch.

Got about 45 minutes into it, and was in such a rage with all the blatant lies coming from Schiff I had to shut it off.

Anybody that watched the public hearings would know he was lying like crazy. Only someone with severe TDS consumed with hate could have watched that for 21 hours plus.

I also watched the 2 hours for the defense today, which I thought did an OK job. Really I kind of wish they would have just started with Dershiwitz though. The entire thing is unconstitutional, and it almost feels like giving this thing credence by bothering to refute the Democrats ridiculous allegations.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: Scepticaldem

My team?

I refer back to Arnie's post, I am one of those "ignorant foreigners".

I have the luxury of not having to pick a side because it really has no impact on my life whether a democrat or a republican occupies the Whitehouse. What I do find is that the case that has been presented over the last three days has merit and I am really curious to see how it is going to be defended.

A judge should hear both sides objectively...since this is your president it would seem every American is a judge in this and you owe it to the constitution to put your bias aside and pay attention.

Peace

If you think it has merit, it is only because you are ignorant of all the things they are not telling you.

If you watch the defense, and still think it has merit I would be shocked.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

My team?

I have the luxury of not having to pick a side because it really has no impact on my life whether a democrat or a republican occupies the Whitehouse. What I do find is that the case that has been presented over the last three days has merit and I am really curious to see how it is going to be defended.

A judge should hear both sides objectively...since this is your president it would seem every American is a judge in this and you owe it to the constitution to put your bias aside and pay attention.

Peace

If you think it has merit, it is only because you are ignorant of all the things they are not telling you.

If I listen to left wing media I would be made to believe Trump is a crook and everything about this impeachment is justified.

If I listen to right wing media I would be made to believe Trump is an honest and reliable guy and this is a witchhunt.

I don't know who is more ignorant...the people soaking up these "after shows" of " the impeachment trial of Donald J. Trump" on their newschannel of choice, where they analyse and evaluate the latest info and get experts to talk on how their team scored all while thinking you are getting the right info and the other team is getting propaganda...

Or my ignorance of trying to form an opinion based on what I am getting out of what has been presented in this trial be it without real knowledge of the American politican system.

I did watch the defense and already noted what stood out for me. A lot of stuff has not been adressed and we'll hear on Monday and Tuesday what the defense has to show.

After that we'll get a lot of questions for both sides and after that I might be able to form an opinion. Listening to anybody else's advice on who did what and where would be ignorant.

Peace

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

My team?

Peace

If I listen to left wing media I would be made to believe Trump is a crook and everything about this impeachment is justified.

If I listen to right wing media I would be made to believe Trump is an honest and reliable guy and this is a witchhunt.

If you listened to neither and just went with the facts you wouldn;t have to speculate or infer anything.
You'd already know that the impeachment is a sham brought forward by a partisan house vote with no evidence of any wrong doing after 3 years of constant attacks, smears and accusations.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
I have watched most after the fact as I was normally only able to catch closing live due to work.

They made a solid case,

You're right about that, but it was based on three years of extreme lies, misrepresentations, outright fake evidence, calculated opinions and false information.

It's going to be their only chance to do anything negative to Trump, they know it and they're giving it everything they've got. Hopefully it leads to the total destruction of their party but I'm not holding my breath for that.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: elDooberino

www.youtube.com...
here is the full trump team testimony in case any one actually wanted it as i hadn't seen it posted yet ,its from cspan

trumps team went with short sweet and to the point vs the endless repittion of the dems which if you had seen in the house you allready saw

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
Nope.
I'd rather watch cartoons.

And therein lies the problem with this country...

If you don't care enough to watch, why are you here posting an opinion - uninformed obviously - on the topic?

It boggles the mind.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=24893523]Goedhardt[/post

Ah No , I didn't see it , I Have a LIFE ..............)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I watched just about all of it, either live of after the fact. The house dems presented a good case. And, the White House lawyers had a pretty good first day.
Ya, it is a little boring, I know. It's just as boring as watching any senate or house hearing. But, as a citizen and a voter, I think it's kind of a duty to be informed and I just dont trust the talking heads on any tv station to tell me the truth. And, if I watch the hearings myself I am less likely to sound like a complete fool when I am discussing this crapshow on ATS... think maybe yous should try it...

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

hang on i like ben shapiro

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Steveogold

Me too

He says what’s on his mind and feels no reason to defend himself. If you’re always on the offensive it’s hard to be beat. You might hurt a lot of people’s feelings. But so what .

“There will be no conversation in which you call me a racist, and I explain why I’m not a racist. That’s a conversation for idiots”
Ben Shapiro,”

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join