It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chunga Changa.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Do most here get their updates and news faster than radio or tv news?

Always wondered how "on top of it" ATS has been as far as theories and news.

Would be cool if we had a ATS archivist that did something like #Dashen has done with the #Qanon threads.

Things like #IsaacKoi threads....Crazy good research.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   
When I first came here in 2010, different name...this was the first place for any news I was interested in.

Now it's just politics. Sucks.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted
When I first came here in 2010, different name...this was the first place for any news I was interested in.

It must really suck to not be able to control clicking on a political topic.

If you goto "New" here, the last 20 topics have 2 political threads....

And 2 threads bitching about how political the site is.

With your last OP in mind, I think you're really depressed because you have no self control.

TO the OP...

I have noticed on ATS that generally a political topic on the radio that is interesting is covered on ATS in about 30 minutes.

Something covered by television that is interesting takes about an hour.

Anything related to a local (in the US) shooting, explosion or natural disaster is covered before the media gets to it.

So ATS to me is the canary in the coal mine for real news.

edit on 25-1-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

It must really suck to not be able to control clicking on a political topic.

If it sucks so bad, I think you would know by now...:/ I hate arguing with you with your ND claims but I think you're just a montana b..for the oil.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I've lurked here since pretty much the beginning. It used to be ahead of the curve. I'd see things here weeks ifnnot months before it hit the MSM. Now I'll see things on MSM a couple of weeks before I see anyone post about it on here.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Sometimes I feel like I am having a flash-forward on acid I haven't taken yet.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

There are still non political threads here, and all along since I have been coming here there have been political threads. Remember that there is a lot going on in politics right now, if you got to blame all the political threads on someone, blame it on the media and top house Democrats who are distorting everything to do a coup on our president....well, those nuts do not accept Trump as their president, at least Repulicans would have accepted Hillary as their president if she had won.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Do most here get their updates and news faster than radio or tv news?

Always wondered how "on top of it" ATS has been as far as theories and news.

Well, since ATS is a conspiracy site first, and the only such place I visit, I usually hear about the weird theories and unconfirmed # here first (like the supposed "actual" deaths for coronavirus).

Insofar as "news," Twitter is usually where I hear things first (things that end up being true/eventually confirmed), before ATS picks it up, before it's on the news, sometimes things so new before there are even articles written.
edit on 25-1-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I don't know about faster in the sense that we know about it before the press does. But I might say more comprehensive in the sense that everyone here is racing to bring their pieces to the puzzle, so we aggregate better than any one of us could alone.

From there, what you get out of it is up to your skill at piecing things together, reading between the lines, etc.

Not all of it is reliable, but there is a lot of it.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I’ve used this place as my secret realm of information since 2004!

I still can’t believe I’m posting sometimes. Lol

But yeah people tend to offer up far more comprehensive information here than elsewhere and though the agenda might be more bent toward conspiracy it sure beats mass manipulation.

top topics

join