It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all the members go?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I’d give you guys a link to just one thread on a different forum now.... but I’d be banned.... they may ban me anyway. Don’t care. On that thread one single thread on another site you would say “holy crap! I have not seen these guys for years! “ now ats is a political forum which suits the owners fine. Because non of you have adblocker
edit on 25-1-2020 by BillyJoeeOzark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Do you even realize how many egyptologists use to be here... and I mean professors that taught with phDs??? How many nasa engineers??? How many people on the conspiracy circuits ???? Hell the ancient aliens cast logged on here at times. Now it’s just trump fanatics and left wing warriors. It’s sad. This is a dead animal with bacteria.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Politics didn't kill ATS, politics actually save it. We run out of conspiracies.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BillyJoeeOzark

Yet... and I know you know.... all of your superstar experts are now on other sites. This is drudge 2.0. Sure your numbers seem ok. You guys quit catering to the people that made you.

Lots of republicans and democrat fighters join.... great for you . It’s becoming a # site. Congrats. If everyone would just use friggin adblocker it might actually get your attention. Site dead ..... try google people

Why would I try google anything?
I'm sorry your opinion is not popular. That is not the fault of me or this website. Other than being a user I have no affiliation to this website.
Your antagonistic posts do seem to support my initial posting on this thread.
All respect to you and your posting. I hope we have have opportunity to cross paths again.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:20 AM
link   

You never know when a conspiracy theory or fringe idea will get you a visit from the party van or a magically invisible thread.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

And that’s we have all yielded this site to you people ..... there are other websites we visit more.

Survival of the fittest exists on the web as well. ATS can compete with drudge. Lol

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: BillyJoeeOzark
Do you even realize how many egyptologists use to be here... and I mean professors that taught with phDs??? How many nasa engineers??? How many people on the conspiracy circuits ???? Hell the ancient aliens cast logged on here at times. Now it’s just trump fanatics and left wing warriors. It’s sad. This is a dead animal with bacteria.

Source your data?

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Lol. Go to politics and tell someone they are wrong. You want me to plop links here to get banned. People are smart enough to know the name of ats legends that now post on other sites.... google

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BillyJoeeOzark

Google is for fools that want to be tracked.
I appreciate your opinion. And I see you cannot back it up.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Just you and you others please stay away from our other forums... I actually don’t want you trump fanatics and liberal fanatics there . They are great communities like this was once. Many of us are professionals in our fields and have great discourse. Just stay the hell away. Thanks

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I see. You are afraid to be challenged in your belief. Perhaps you do not have the best arguments then?

See, I'm a professional in my field too, and I'm happy to have great discourse. Why are you afraid of challenging my beliefs?

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I honestly stoped coming around when the political climate here escalated into name calling and hate. I can handle discourse, being proven wrong or other peoples opinions but when it devolved into gang up tactics and just vial hate filled propaganda I had to take a step away.

This in no way was limited to reps or dems of conservative or liberals it was coming from both sides.

That and most topics started looking like... X bad he did xyz and most the time it was easily proven false (I .e propaganda trash)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Like I said just stay here ATS and you belong together. I can promise you if you join the other sites you will be bounced quickly. Gl in life . To me you are a failure. So I actually do completely and sincerely wish you luck in life. Adios

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:55 AM
link   

And I wish you the happiness I have in life 10 fold.
I cannot be happier, with a family and my job. But if anyone can I hope it can be you.

I would be surprised if I was bounced quickly joining your other factions. Unless there was bias going in.
I'm not an individual that insults belittles or oppresses. I state facts as I see them back them up with citations when needed. And overall wish everyone a good day.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Michael Knowles rightly points out that once the personal became the political, disagreement with a person's views became denial of the person's reality. Hence why the ideologically possessed now say "You are denying my existence!"

It’s funny, I suppose, but also a sobering real-world example of Jung’s observation that “People don’t have ideas. Ideas have people.” One gets a strong sense that there’s no one there, only naked ideological possession outwardly resembling a person. Disturbing.

And then there’s always - “My subjective reality ignores common facts.” Sometimes reflected as “My truth” in woke-speak

Though I’d also argue that the right is somewhat guilty as well but not on the scale the left is.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Perhaps people are sick of all the political fighting , name calling and general nastiness that has infested this place and have taken a step back in the forlorn hope that ATS will come to its senses.

There is more to life than politics and political conspiracies.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Magnivea
I agree with most of the posters. One person in particular in this thread has contributed probably more that 99% of the rest of the type that caused the downward spiral. There's nothing but politics here now

I wonder how many posters on this thread thought to themselves "Oh, was it me?
"

then went to the first page and instantly figured out who you're actually talking about

edit on 25-1-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Who cares where all the members went?

ATS is like a bad habit that can't be put down. They'll be back, when their good and ready.

In the meantime - do you need a kleenex?

edit on 25-1-2020 by CthruU because: 1

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   

I think that there are increasing numbers of those with one political view who cannot stand challenge to their ideas.

When you challenge these ideas the response is no longer a heated discussion of the topic, but becomes an troll fest of many posters joining in and insulting the person with balls enough to challenge the current mode. Usually these 'insult trolls' also stray from the topic, if they address it at all.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Even some of the moderators have their own agenda. I have alerted them 3 times to the fact about a thread being a proven hoax, yet it still stands. poor form

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join